Bridge to Terabithia

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never seen it or read the book. It doesn't look bad. But I hate that song by Annasophia Robb! Open ur mind or something. It is SO fake!!!

OMG! I just got back from seeing the movie! It was SO sad! I cried SO much when Leslie died. :furawatchi:

PS-Does anyone here think Jess is cute? I do! ^.^

I'm not going to see it, it looked stupid.
Its actually a REALLY good movie. It was short but I really enjoyed it. :furawatchi:

I cried SO much though. lol

I read the book too. I also liked the book, its alot like the movie to me.

Only there were no monsters and such like in the movie. B)

*AG11*

Oh my gosh, I saw the movie and read the book.

I was reading the book in homeroom period, and when Leslie died I was trying my best NOT to cry. But I accidentally let a tear stream down my face, and my friend's like, "Oh my gosh, are you ok?" And I'm like, "YES I'M FINE!! WHY?? WHY??" I was bawling when I didn't mean too. Oops....

But usually when they make a movie into a book, and change a lot of stuff about it, it really ticks me off. But I liked it because they didn't take anything out; they just put stuff in. But if you're going to see the movie, read the book first.

But I have to admit, I was crying my eyes out in the theater. I mean, I think TW's right, it teaches you to move on after death, but it also teaches you 2 other things.

1) You don't really know what you got until it's gone

2) People, as small as your friends, can change your life forever.

1: It's true, you really don't know what you have until it's gone, and for Jess, he realized it after Leslie had died. I remember in 5th grade, I had this amazing teacher. She was awesome, and she really liked me because of my love of reading. Sometimes I would stay after school with her, and we would just talk about books; the shocks, the sadness, the humor, ect.. But when I went into 6th grade, I realized how much I missed spending the afternoons with her. I didn't appreciate then what we had. I still see her though, and we had one of those meetings last Friday. So the flame isn't dead just yet.

2: It is true that people can change your life. Again, with my favorite teacher, she changed mine so much, and it's weird, because you don't think a teacher would do that. But even people on the street get you thinking, or wondering, what it might be like to live there, and then maybe you start a fundraiser, or something. I think Leslie changed Jess's life so much, because she taught him to believe in stuff that you don't always see, and she also helps Jess build a better relationship with May Belle, his sister.

In life, you have to move on from things, and let gurdge's go. But sometimes it's not that easy. Until you realize that it has happened, and you can't change it. But that makes the memories even better.

Alimania

Oh my gosh, I saw the movie and read the book.
I was reading the book in homeroom period, and when Leslie died I was trying my best NOT to cry. But I accidentally let a tear stream down my face, and my friend's like, "Oh my gosh, are you ok?" And I'm like, "YES I'M FINE!! WHY?? WHY??" I was bawling when I didn't mean too. Oops....
That always happens to me! when i am reading somthing sad i cry a tiny little bit and when they are you ok i start to bawl.

i read the book in school and i was really upset when she died. :D her name is leslie pronounced (lez-lyy)??? wow for the whole book i was reading it as Lex-lyie or somthing REALLY weird LOL!

~Reanna

I have seen the movie, and I think it's very sad. :D It's based on a sort of real story; the director's mom wrote the book for the movie, and her friend got struck by lightening and passed away when she was little. I think the movie is teaching kids how to move on after a death.

It's a very good movie; but bring tissues if you're a softie. :huh:
I read the book last year and frankly I'm a little dissapionted with the movie. For one thing the girl died from a cuncusion/ falling off of the tree! But just to let you know this is just what I've heard about and seen in previews. So I've never seen it but still want to see it!

No matter how sad it may be, I read the book cause we had to in grade 5, and no offence but it was boring. It meant nothing to me, even when... Well I would tell you but I don't wanna spoil anything.
The movie looks okay, but the book wasn't the best, but I'm not the most caring kinda person.
Ah, so did we ;) .. I thought it was really good! Not my usual taste, but I really liked it.

The book was awesome!! How could you have hated it??

I cant wait to see the movie!!

i think the book is ok, its simple but has a nice meaning.

the movie i dont think i want to see, because it looks really twisted then what the book originally intended.

D: well, i dont see many movies anyway.

she fell of the rope, hit her head on the rock and when she lost it she drowned.

I think it looks [SIZE=14pt]sooo stupid![/SIZE] with that ugly hairy giant cat hairball looking thing and....it just looks so dumb! i am not trying to be mean though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back