Broken?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lolokotchi:)

Reaction score
So, this is actually about my friends tamagotchi, a v4 that she have owned for about two and a half year, it works good, but the sound dosent work at all. I think it is something inside the tamagotchi that is broken, I wonder if anybody else have had this problem with their tama and knows if there is a way to fix this? (like a surgery, I've made surgerys before (deep ones) and I think I could fix it with some instructions) ^_^

I will report anything useful to her, she dosen't have an account here, that's why I'm posting for her.

Thanks! ;)

Well my first instinct is to say that maybe you turned the sound off and you dont know it, but if you have an account on here, you obviously know about that. No, I dont know of any surgeries, but I think it might just be old. :mellow: I mean, if she has had it for 2 and a half years than.... I know I preformed a surgerey on my tama, whose sound was warped, but just taking it apart, blowing carefully on it, and then screwing it back VERY TIGHTLY together, and that worked. Sorry I cant be more specific, but its hard for me to give answers when I have never heard of the problem...! :( Best of luck!

I would also check to see if maybe you accidentally turned the sound off. Also, if you wanted to open it up, do it carefully. You want to check to see if all the wiring is still intact (my first Tamagotchi, a P2, had this problem quite often and so I would have to solder the detached wires back on again) and to clean out any dust by blowing gently. Screw everything back together as tightly as you can, and hopefully that will do it. Good luck!

Thanks!

Trying to put the sound on and off was of course the first thing we tried and obviosley that wasen't what was wrong. If she thinks it's ok, I will try to open both of hers, or her and my v4, to look on the of both, and see if anything looks wrong on it.

Maybe she accidentley screwed up on a surgery of her own, I know she almost destroed her music star once when she opened it to remove dust from the inside of the screen. This rubber thing that attaches the screen and the microchip had gotten loose and she had tried gluing it back! :rolleyes:

About half of the pixels didn't work, and she asked for my help. I asked her questions, then tried to rub away the glue, now it's only one raw of pixels in the middle that dosen't work. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I know if opening a tamagotchi, the back side is connected to the inside piece. Which one of the wires is the sound. Maybe it is disconnected to the main part of the tamagotchi. Its also possible you screwed the screw on top of the wire just enough to cut it. (like if it wasn't closing and you were pushing too hard on the screw and wire together.) It can be fixed you just need to look at it carefully. Maybe its a simple as a TINY dab of super glue or a sadoring. (Which I recommend more, try to get an adult to help with fixing it) If it is that important to have the sound back that is.

Hope that helped! :mellow:

Well, I know if opening a tamagotchi, the back side is connected to the inside piece. Which one of the wires is the sound. Maybe it is disconnected to the main part of the tamagotchi. Its also possible you screwed the screw on top of the wire just enough to cut it. (like if it wasn't closing and you were pushing too hard on the screw and wire together.) It can be fixed you just need to look at it carefully. Maybe its a simple as a TINY dab of super glue or a sadoring. (Which I recommend more, try to get an adult to help with fixing it) If it is that important to have the sound back that is.
Hope that helped! :ichigotchi:
Thanks!

Hopefully I will meet her tomorrow, then I will ask her about opening it up. My mother actully has a kind of thing (don't know what it is in eng) that you can solder stuff with. We have even soldered two of my friend's tamagotchi's wires together, so if that's what's wrong with it, we'll fix it in no time! :)

Thats good you have something you can repair it with. Make sure you don't have the battery in the tamagotchi for a while. Before and After you solder it together if that is the case. Its a good way to get shocked and whatnot..... but that should be ovious/ :wacko:

I know what happened to it. It did the same thing with mine too. You press the first button, and while holding that down, press the last button and something will pop up and say "Sound on or off?" You can press yes or no if you need to. Please email me if you have any further questions. Thanks! Take care!

~Bubbagump119

I know what happened to it. It did the same thing with mine too. You press the first button, and while holding that down, press the last button and something will pop up and say "Sound on or off?" You can press yes or no if you need to. Please email me if you have any further questions. Thanks! Take care!

~Bubbagump119
Of course I hadn't put the sound of! :) :) :angry:

Whenever you put sound on or of the sound dosen't work. If that had been the problem (wich isn't a problem at all) I would NOT have made a topic about it here!! So you have any tips that is not for tama noobs? :wacko:

EDIT:Sorry, might have got a bit too upset there, plz don't be mad at me beccause of this, you see, this time in Sweden, where I live it is morning, and I just woke up...

Last edited by a moderator:
So does that seem to be the issue? What we talked about?

It isn't something so simple that was noted in previous posts. Be sure to read them Bubbagump119...

Thats good you have something you can repair it with. Make sure you don't have the battery in the tamagotchi for a while. Before and After you solder it together if that is the case. Its a good way to get shocked and whatnot..... but that should be ovious/ :)
Yeah, we still haven't opened it up yet, but I'll make sure we fix it as soon as possible!

Thanks everyone!

Ps:Also, Bubbagump119 sorry again for being too upset, you were after all just trying to help. And I'll make sure to rest so that I am not so tired... :wacko: :angry: :)

You're talking just the same as bubbagump!!!

Read all the posts beore you post yourself, this "tamanoobtip" was mentioned in posts number 1, 2, and number six! :p Sorry to seem upset, but it is really annoying when people just repeat things, the problem has already been found and almost solved, I recently got another example on one of my own tamagotchis that me and my mom fixed. It IS a wire... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back