bunny wont eat his food

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doglover10

Reaction score
i know i always come here for my really wierd problems(sorry), and "suprise suprise" heres another one ;) :

i have a pet bunny that i got from my bunny-breeding neighbor's daughter (my friend)and he wont eat his healthy food. i usually buy him the small bunny mixes with pellets and other treats until my neibor got me this giant bag of bunny food that she said is alot healtheir for him. so i used it but now he wont eat it. if i mix treats into it, he will pick them out and only eat those. im worried cuz he acts like hes starved and beggs for treats.

also, he needs more exercise but his playpin isnt much bigger than his cage. i want to bunny proof my room and let him run around in there but my parents wont let me cuz they dont believe me when i tell them hes house trianed

It seems that your bunny has obtained a taste for treats. This happened to my gerbils, and they got very, very overweight. I suggest talking to the vet or your friend for help.

I'm pretty sure this is why you aren't suposed to feed bunnies treats at a young age. Once they taste the goodness of the almighty treats, they will settle for nothing less. But, I am not an expert on the anatomy of bunny creatures. Therefore, I'd recommend the vet.

What happens if you leave a bowl of just the healthy bunny food in his cage (and don't under any circumstances feed him any treats for 2 days)?

If you replace the bowl each day with fresh, healthy bunny food, maybe he will get hungry enough to eat it?

If he is overweight then it won't hurt him to miss a day or two of food will it? As long as he has fresh water available to him.

If your bunny breeding neighbour gave you the rabbit, then perhaps it might be an idea to ask them for some advice too?

Your bunny refuses to eat healthy food now he has tasted the wonder of bunny treats?

OMGBUNNYISJUSTLIKEME.

No, but seriously, you should listen to what TamaMum said. And the vet. If it's not serious to call the vet round, is there some kind of bunny helpline you could call? If there is, call it.

This probably isn't the best thing you could do, but you should just give him his regular food with NO treats in it at all. Now this is going to be very difficult for you but you have to do something. Okay, so keep the food in there, don't do anything with the food at all. Soon enough he'll be so desperate for food he will start eating his bunny food.

Or the best thing you could do is find a local vet. What TM said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back