Buying Tama's From Abroad

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TamaGirl444

Reaction score
Since I got back into Tama's around 3 months ago, I've been looking into buying more Japanese versions but UK ebay lacks them unless I buy directly from either Japan or China, but my issue is PayPal's 45 day policy. Most Japan/China sellers send them mostly with economy shipping which can take any where between 23 days or even over 45 days depending on customs and I've dealt with customs before, they can stall or hold things up to a week longer.

So because of this, how would I stand if delivery went over the 45 day limit and anything was wrong with the tama and needed to be sent back?

After 45 day limit depending on both Seller and the site you visited policy, you may contact that parcel company that they used to ship to and or contact the seller or send a question or call the site manager.

^ Just what derekq said!

I've actually never had to send back a tamgotchi, and I mostly order from Japan and China. I'm either really lucky, or it's just unlikely! Assuming it's the latter, don't worry, you probably will not have to worry about that.

I buy from overseas all the time, and have never had an issue. I make sure I read the item description, and look at the pics before I make up my mind. I also ask questions of the seller if something isn't clear.

I've only had to send one back once, but it was a Digimon Mini with a busted screw and it kept powering down. They sent it via airmail. Sometimes instead of economy it'll come with airmail (maybe ask if it's a possible option) in which it takes only 2 weeks just about. Comes with tracking and needs to be signed for.

I'm in the UK, Wales to be specific. I've ordered from eBay from sellers in Japan and other Asian countries could tries and they tend to be okay with shipping. I've never had an issue. I wouldn't worry too much. Try asking if they can ship EMS if you pay extra money. Sometimes you'll find they'll help.

I'm in the UK too and I was really wary of buying from abroad as well - especially from Japan. However I purchased my iD L from Japan without a problem - it just took ages. And when I say ages I only mean the torture of having to wait 14 working days :(

Just make sure the seller you're buying from has at least something like 98% positive feedback.

If you're as paranoid as I was then you'll probably want to get insurance - then if your item gets lost or damaged you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back