caiyu

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imnotellinu

Reaction score
haha i have a young sibling who watches that show... and he STILL doesnt have any hair!!! i mean, REALLY??? like, do they shave his head or what?? me and my dad always make fun of it.. tee hee. personally, i hope someday they have an episode where he has hair! i mean, his whole FAMILY has hair... WHY THE HECK DOESNT HE??? lol ;)

You mean Caillou?

Haha, it's pretty funny that he's just.. Bald. For no apparent reason, the four year olds bald.

Well he is a cartoon, obviously the show writers want him to appear bald for some reason, unless they decide to give him hair. But I don't see why. I always used to watch that show in kindergarten, I can't believe they still have viewers play it. I kind of miss that show.

ehh, I would like to see him get hair, just out of curiosity. Really, I could care less. Personally, bald kids have always kind of turned me off, lol.

- ooh, and this should at least be in stuff we watch. ;]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Caillou means pebble, and pebbles don't have hair, do they? Or maybe he has cancer or something...

Lol, I used to watch it all the time... xD

From soem soruces....

'In French, caillou usually means "pebble" or "stone", but it can also mean "bald head", which was most likely the writer's intention. The official Caillou website answers the common question "Why is Caillou bald?" by explaining that the original storybook character of Caillou was much younger than the television character, and like many very young children, had no hair."

Rawry pretty much said it.

From soem soruces....
'In French, caillou usually means "pebble" or "stone", but it can also mean "bald head", which was most likely the writer's intention. The official Caillou website answers the common question "Why is Caillou bald?" by explaining that the original storybook character of Caillou was much younger than the television character, and like many very young children, had no hair."

Rawry pretty much said it.
lmao what if little kids come on there site and see that? xD LMAO!!!!!! and caillou does sometmes mean bald head, but i used to watch it only watch it in french so ??????

lmao what if little kids come on there site and see that? xD LMAO!!!!!! and caillou does sometmes mean bald head, but i used to watch it only watch it in french so ??????
That's because it's a French-Canadian show.

I will admit, that show is annoying. The title character himself has an annoying voice and his personailty irrates me. At least the puppet bits are more intresting with Gilbert, Teddy and Rex.

lol i saw caillou airing on nick jr xDDD and it was a episode where he falls off his bike and there blood. well...BLOOD in CHILDREN'S PROGRAMMING??? not really approite for kids my cousins age. ;)

lol i saw caillou airing on nick jr xDDD and it was a episode where he falls off his bike and there blood. well...BLOOD in CHILDREN'S PROGRAMMING??? not really approite for kids my cousins age. :mellow:
Blood's been in children shows way before you were born.

Even Arthur had blood in it.

Blood's been in children shows way before you were born.
Even Arthur had blood in it.
Agreed. Arthur's even had some 'abuse' in it. And I'm not talking about the 'Swing smashed into your face' episode, I mean the one where Arthur punches DW across the face.

:>

Agreed. Arthur's even had some 'abuse' in it. And I'm not talking about the 'Swing smashed into your face' episode, I mean the one where Arthur punches DW across the face.
Yeah. xD

I've always wondered why that kid was bald. But seriously. Who cares. xDD

I loved that show. My brother hated it with such a burning passion. xD

And where he got his knee on a rusty tin can in another episode. Blood in a preeschool show isn't anything to be alarmed about. Kids get cuts and scraps all the time.

It's just that, when it comes to blood now-a-days, it's all "OMGOMG BLOOD BADBAD"

Here's a quote from a website:

Someone comes to this blog searching for “why is Caillou bald” every single day. Apparently, it is a matter of great concern to a lot of people. I am more concerned about the lack of adult supervision for Max, Ruby, Dora and Diego. At least Caillou has adults who take care of him. Everyone worried about Caillou needs to relax. His name MEANS “bald head” in French. Maybe he gave himself a haircut and his mother had to repair the damage. Maybe his parents hate hippies. Maybe his town has a lice problem. He’s cute with that smooth little head. He’s bald because the artist likes him that way.

XD

Latest posts

Back