Can I throw the compy out the window now?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:( You kids... so that's what you call it these days :blink: I can see why the keyboard is sticky... :p
Computers do not just break down. There are ways to make it run faster. I'm assuming this is a windows computer (since these are most common and easiest to clog up) so first you should delete any files that you don't need anymore (or save to disk and then delete) and then run disk clean up and then disk defragmentor. BE CAREFUL NOT TO DELETE ANY PROGRAM OR PROGRAM FILES!! Windows programs are all webbed together, there's no telling wether you're gonna be deleting something that will keep you from booting up your operating system so only user files should be deleted by you. Some programs have a uninstall program built-in and you can try running that.

Another thing you can do is try to prevent windows from automaticly booting up programs that run in the background by removing everything from your start up folder. If you are runing Windows XP with the bubble looking interface you can tell it o use the old style interface from right clicking on your desktop and changing the properties appearance settings to Classic Windows Style (whch you can change the colors of). From here you should also be able to change the power saving settings and maybe also settings for things like screen savers and sleep mode.

There are more advanced ways to get your computer to preform better too... but these should boost your computer's preformance a whole bunch.

~This has been brought to you by the people who got Final Fantasy 11 to work on a Pentium 3 Windows PC. :D

P.S. Vista is for losers! XP is much more stable and Japan still uses Windows 2000 for a REASON!!! :)
I'm no computer whiz, so... okay. And yes, we have XP. And yes, Vista does suck some serious butt.

My school uses Windows 2000.

This computer I'm using right now is crap.

It's slow and you can't download one more thing on here or it will explode.

That means we'll get a new comp!

*downloads 2000 things on it*

*comp uber explodes*

YAY!

I have a Toshiba with Vista currently and I HATE it. HATE IT. Actually, it's on loan.

Before, I had a nice iBook G4, white, and really, really heavily used. It had battery problems, the case was half dead, it went to sleep too fast, half the time it didn't charge, even when plugged in, the list goes on. So one day, the screen falls out.

Bye bye, laptop.

My computer is primative.
Good thing we're getting Windows Vista (Pro!) soon. :)
Vista's a pain. It asks to confirm all kinds of silly things and there are loads of bugs according to other users, as for me I'm not happy with it either.

The computer I use is old but it's still good. It can be a bit slow but not nearly as bad as the laptop. The laptop only has 318mb RAM making it run 203mb slower than the old PC, it won't work unless plugged into the power because the charging thing is broken, the wirless internet connection won't work, it freezes and I'm sure there are more (though games do perform better on it).

I definately prefer our good old windows XP. However I like the appearance of Vista so I have a Vista style on (but not with the silly side standing folders that look like if they were real stuff would fall out). I also use a dock. Since we got the new PC (the vista thing I don't like) the laptop is used even less than it use to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Windows XP Home edition 2002.

A Alienware custom made computer as well. It runs fine, just needs a new friggen Video card. It lags' when I run DeviantART, sometimes freezes in Photoshop. And lags at times.

My parents won't stop yelling at me when the internet lags. When I am constantly telling them the thing would run faster with Firefox! They won't listen :I

I like my computer somewhat, I have to clean it every now and then. Eh, I want a new one.

My computer isn't able to use a keyboard.

You're wondering how I'm able to type? Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Accessibility, then On-Screen keyboard.

Ya, I'd rather write out a 10 page report than type 5 sentances on this piece of junk.

My computer isn't able to use a keyboard.You're wondering how I'm able to type? Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Accessibility, then On-Screen keyboard.

Ya, I'd rather write out a 10 page report than type 5 sentances on this piece of junk.
Yea imagine all the clicking you would have to do that sounds aggravating we got a new keyboard not to long ago because the old one's keys were sticky as heck and no matter how much we cleaned it the keys still stuck >_<. The only problem with this one is the backspace is the same size as the letter keys on my old one the backspace was normal size so it's confusing that's why I have to edit alot of my posts for simple errors and stuff like that.

I'm no computer whiz, so... okay. And yes, we have XP. And yes, Vista does suck some serious butt.
My school uses Windows 2000.
Lucky! Our school used windows freakin' 94 until last week. Over half of the lab didn't work, and when it did work, the images on the screen were fuzzy...

Anyways, my step-dad/king of the computer geeks recently fixed the connection to my user profile so now I actually am able to customize things. It makes it a little more bearable to use this thing while my sister IM's her boyfreind on the good computer... The one with working USB ports...

Like many of you, my laptop also won't charge worth more than 5 minutes of battery power, so it stays on the desk, constantly plugged in to the electrical socket.

Although it still sucks to play games because the arrow keys still have not been located, so it hurts to press your fingertip against the little spiky metal frame where they used to sit. :furawatchi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back