Cancer.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Summer*

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm listening to the song "Cancer" my My Chemical Romance and suddenly thought I'd make a topic venting my sadness. My friend's parents have died of cancer and my Dad's friend has.

Alex's Mum:

She died last year. I cried. Alot. I didn't know her but Alex showed me a photo of her this year. She was beautiful and Alex looked just like her. It is really sad.

Rachel's Dad:

Yeah, He died of skin cancer when Rachel and her brother were really young. Rachel is twelve now and her brother is about 8-10.

Eddie (Dad's friend):

He died a while ago. Eddie is my Uncle's brother and he had a small mole on his thigh (Like me) and didn't get it checked and in the end, he was dieing slowly and painfully.

It changes people. My friend, Hannah, has had her grandmother die of cancer over the weekend I think. She came to school today and was really sad. It changes the way people think. Since Eddie died, my Dad has always made me put ALOT of sunscreen on and wear protective clothing.

At my school, we have a very special garden called Kathleen's garden or "The Fairy Garden". Our principal and Kathleen's mother made it because she was in grade 1 and she got cancer and only lived until grade 3. It really changed the way I think. I always wear my hat even though I hate it and sunscreen.

I hope I don't die of cancer. I like my hair. I like life and I don't like pain.

Okay, so who have you known who has had cancer or died of it?

Has it changed the way you think?

my great grandfather died of a skin cancer called melanoma. he died in his sleep at night. it was a tragic death.

btw i love that song.

Yeah - That song makes me cry sometimes. Well, makes me upset atleast.

Sorry about what happened. :D

My Nan had cancer, but she fought it of. She is stil alive to day - thanfully. ;)

My grandpa died from lung cancer, I know a lot of people at who have/had mom's with breast cancer. There's a girl in my grade at school who has cancer, and might have to get chemotherapy next year.

And my dad got rid of his skin cancer about a year ago. He's pretty good now though. He used to be a lifeguard, and he did use sunscreen. But the sunscreen then wasn't very good, so he still got sunburned a lot. He gets really, really angry at me and my siblings if he thinks we didn't put sunscreen on whenever we're going anywhere outside. I've gotten sunburned a few times, and now I'm scared I might get skin cancer. I put sunscreen on every single day now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is kind of an old topic, but I don't think I'm bumping it. My dad died of abdominal cancer on April 25, 2007. In other words, only a few moths ago. Those were the worst five months of my life. Every day, dreading it.... we took care of him and all, and it was incurable...I remember his last few minutes as if I was constantly watching them. Me, my mom, and brother were there. He was at our house, in bed. He had been in a coma for a few days. Suddenly, he woke up and didn't say anything, but smiled. He had been miserable and in pain for months, so it was a miracle. He died a few secnds later. I firmly believe he was happy because he was heading toward heaven. I've heard of similar things happening. I cry about him a lot, and I'm not the same. I have a shorter temper, am irritable and emotional, and get in fights with my mom nearly every day. This is really unusual, before he died, we got along very well. I think it changed both of us for life. :) I'm also rather paranoid now and worried that me, my mom, or brothers might die. I think about that a lot. :eek: I hate cancer. I know, that's a strong word. But if it wasn't for this horrible disease, millions of wonderful people would still be alive today - including my dad.

My aunt, my grandfather(dads side), my grandfather(mums side) and even my mum had cancer...My mom had overies cancer, but they removed them and shes fine now...

but the others wern't so lucky. My aunt was only 31 when she died.

Wow, My aunt died of breast cancer, we do race for the cure every year. I have read soem sad stories of cancer, and I want to make a difffrence. Anyone else?

My Nana died of breast cancer that spread to her liver in 2005. Two of my aunties have breast cancer and one of them is in remission right now (which means the cancer has gone away and hasn't come back) and my other auntie's cancer spread to her spine and as soon as they are finished the Chemo they can't do anyting else about it because they have already given her to much radiation. Now my uncle has anaplastic cancer. It's a very rare and agressive type of cancer. I'm not entirely sure what it is but it's very serious. It makes me sad thinking about it. :lol:

-Happyqueen :lol:

One of my friends fought lukemia, caught in stage three. He's twelve, eleven when he was getting treated.

Cancer isn't a good thing and I really hope no one on Tama Talk ever gets it.

No one that I know of has died in my family of cancer.

this man in my family or my parent's friend has throat cancer *faints* but he is alive now and well! (except for the hole in his throat...o.o) i saw a commercial nabout a dude wit throat cancer, and i scream "SHUT IT OFF!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!"and sob wit my earsa shut.it freaks me out completely.

umm...this really shouldnt be here rules the cancer thing is in DARK letters

Last edited by a moderator:
My mom's friend that she used to work with was battling cancer for a long time but eventually lost the fight. No one in my family has had cancer and I hope it stays that way. It sickens me to hear about all these wonderful people who died of cancer and how it has really taken a toll on their families. So to those unfortunate families, on TamaTalk and everywhere, you're in my prayers. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back