Can't swallow Pills!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put your pill deep in your mouth so its on your tongue then just get a sip of water and close your eyes and just let it slide down. Don't force yourself to swallow it, it will go down by itself.

But I always thought that like the swallowing pills were supposed to dissolve in your stomach. So is it ok for them to dissolve in your mouth? Wont that be like the chewable kind then?

I have no issue with swalloring pills, but what I told Sky to do is to disolve it in a glass of coke, or seven-up or something, then stir well. It worked.

:3

Hope I helped~

GOATS ARE THE PWNNNSSSS

Well some pills HAVE to dissolve in a certian place otherwise they won't work right. I have to take asacol which is for Ulcerative Colitis and it HAS to dissolve in your colon (intestine-ish area) otherwise it WILL NOT work. So try practicing with jelly beans cut in half. But eating it with food works. Try putting the pill in your mouth then taking a bite of food (ice cream, pizza, pasta...oh dear...I'm hungry!) then chew up the food (make sure to not chew up the pill) so it's still kinda lumpy then swallow. If you start chewing up the pills often try putting the pill in after chewing the food. Also, if you can's stand the taste make sure you take it with food you will never eat again. Before they diagnosed me with UC they put me on some other pill that was *shudder* so to get rid of the taste I put it in the middle of a spoon and poured Smuckers Strawberry sauce all over it. After they diagnosed me they took me off the gross pill and stuck me on the asacol (it's a coated pill which means it has a sort of covering on it that only stomach acid can dissolve and it dosen't taste like anything) I could never eat any type of strawberry sauce without almost puking ever again. So bacacilly (sp) try tricking your brain into thinking its not a pill by covering it with food. Also if you get used to swallowing pills make sure you get it all the way down your throat because if it stays in your esphogus it will caus an ucler (my doctor...well gastrenologist told me that today) and I don't think that's fun. So...I hope I helped.

But I always thought that like the swallowing pills were supposed to dissolve in your stomach. So is it ok for them to dissolve in your mouth? Wont that be like the chewable kind then?
Yeah. They do. Once you swallow the pill, it will go to your stomach and dissolve. That's how they're supposed to work.

Anyway, don't be afraid to choke. It'll just slide down, and it will probably tickle your throat a bit.

I've never needed a pill, I just use the chewables or liquid, but when I had a liquid one time for my stomachache, I immediately threw up after I drank it. ._.

I suggest that you just hide it in a piece of food. Or have your parents surprise what food it is in, so if they say, "Want a snack?" And you say yes, they'll give you a random food with the pill in it.

Sorry, I have no experience whatsoever with pills.

[SIZE=7pt]Don't worry, there is totally nothing wrong with you. :lol: [/SIZE]

Some people find it hard to swallow pills, especially at first.

I'm in the same situation, and I've since gotten used to it.

But whatever you do, don't chew that pill.

Been there, done that.

Not quite a good taste. :p

You have to be pretty patient.

Put the pill at the back of your tongue, tilt your head a bit, and take a huge gulp of water, like you normally would do while you were drinking.

Pretend that the pill isn't there, and it may be a little easier to swallow.

That's what I do every night.

I don't like it, but I have to do it.

So, good luck on it. ;)

I can swallow pills just perfectly. I usually stick them in a spoonful of ice cream or pudding. Then eat it and I can't feel the pill going down.

[SIZE=7pt][/SIZE]But whatever you do, don't chew that pill.

Been there, done that.

Not quite a good taste. ^_^
I did that before and threw up...so yeah. Don't chew the pills!

I can't manage to swallow pills either...I either get chewables/liquid or put it in food...

On the rare occasion I need to take pills/vitamins, I always swollow them with a little food. It just makes it a lot easier. :eek:

What you could try doing which works for me is when you try to take them tilt your head backwards. That way the water washes it down your throat instead of leaving it in your mouth.

You might also try a pill cutter. I have to use one for some of my medications.

What you could try doing which works for me is when you try to take them tilt your head backwards. That way the water washes it down your throat instead of leaving it in your mouth.You might also try a pill cutter. I have to use one for some of my medications.
That's usually what I have to do.

It's so embarrassing to have to cut your pills though, at least for me.

I wouldn't think of it as an embarrassing thing. Some people just aren't as good with pills as others. It's a normal thing ^^

[SIZE=7pt]I wouldn't think of it as embarrasing. :p [/SIZE]

I'm not so good with pills myself.

I usually have to crush them into a glass of water.

Not my favourite way, but I have to get them down somehow.

I have a tough time swallowing them too. The trick to swallowing pills is to put the pill at the very back of your tongue and drink big gulps of water when taking the pill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back