Cellphones/Smartphones Discussion Thread

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astromeno

Reaction score
Greetings, and welcome to the cellphone/smartphone discussion thread...at least, I one I made. :p

Anyhow, let me start off by saying that the phone I have (or had, since it was in my pants pocket when they went into the washer) is the Tracfone Samsung slider (T901g?), and I'd really like to get a nicer phone (probably a smartphone, if possible). Although I would of course prefer a top-of-the line smartphone, that isn't going to happen on no-contract prepaid. Here are a couple phones I am interested in, though:

The Huawei Ascend (Cricket; $150 + $55 unlimited, no contract; first month's payment required):

huaweiascend270x382.jpg

I heard that Cricket acquired a nationwide roaming agreement, so I wonder if it will become available in my area (Northeast Ohio).

Next, the T-Mobile Comet (rebranded Huawei Ideos):

huaweiideostmobilecomet.jpg

This is supposed to be available both on-contract and prepaid for T-Mobile USA [At 2.8 in., this phone's screen is less than the Ascend's 3.2(?) inch screen, but may cost less on prepaid, I don't exactly know]

What kinds of phones do you want or you have? What else do you have to talk about cellphones? :)

My phone, the one that I had for almost 5 years broke last month. I was sad, because even though it was old it was still really advanced, with internet browsing and such. I loved it. It was hard to text on though, since it didn't have a full keyboard, so in a way I'm kind of glad I'm getting a new phone.

I'm going tomorrow and I'm getting a Blackberry, most likely the bold. The new Torch is cool, but touch screens aren't going to work for me, I'd rather just have a phone with the scrolling cursor or specific buttons.

This is the phone I have.

https://www.bestgadgetshop.com/samsung-shift-a177-prepaid-gophone-att-with-15-airtime-credit.htm You have to scroll down to see the picture.

When you text on it, it types the same letter like 5 times and I spend most of my time on this phone backspacing(I mostly text..) When you press other buttons, either they don't work, or they press too many times. I'm getting very aggrivated with it.

The possible phone I might get is: https://www.geekcellulars.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/samsung-impression-phone-1024x577.jpg or my mom's iPhone. Either one.. if anyone has the Impression, what is the biggest problem it has?

The phone I have is called the Samsung Eternity and I've had it for a few years now, but it still works great. It's a touch screen with only three actual buttons: talk, power, and the back arrow. So texting and everything is all from the touch screen, where you can turn the phone sideways and a qwerty keyboard comes up. This also applies for internet, except i don't get it on my phone bc we don't pay for it. It has a photo camera built in that takes really great pictures that seem unusually high resolution compared to most phones. It's not super exciting, but it works great and serves its purpose fully, so I don't need a new cell phone anytime soon.

I use an iPhone 3Gs. iPhones are pretty much the only phone I've ever used. Well, I had the Sony T303 for about a month before I got and iPhone. I don't really need a better phone, and I'm slightly disabled at using other phones xD I cannot text on my friend's phones, because I'm not used to the keyboard. I cannot push down buttons xD And it's not just the buttons that are the problem. I have problems typing on my dad's Sony Xperia X10 too. Soyeah, iPhones are pretty much all I use : P

Blackberry Curve. I hate it! It glitches so much, but I should like it because it's better than no phone.

I have this phone Clicky :)

Suits me fine. Touch screen texting or full keyboard. I only got it because my old phone This one crapped out majorly.

At the moment Telecom has some pretty useless and undesirable phones out, so it was either my new one or a piece of crap.

I have some sort of Samsung touchscreen phone. It's terrible, but I hardly use it so that doesn't matter.

My mom just got another Tracfone (an LG flip-phone), so she gave me her old phone (the same type as my first Tracfone) to use, so that I wouldn't have to buy a new one! :)

I have a Motorola Droid, and I looove it! I love the apps and the fact that it can do pretty much everything. I'm way too attached to it. It's fantastic :)

Samsung Galaxy S

I love it. It does everything I want it to do. x3

It's on Vodafone for £30 a month.

Unlimited Internet.

Unlimited Texts.

300 Minutes.

I did want an iPhone, but you have to pay like £100 AND THEN PAY like £20 a month.

But this Android Smartphone does exactly the same and a love it. :D

I don't have, but I really want one.

A simple cheap flip-phone would suffice.

I have the enV3. I really want the iPhone 4, but only AT&T carries it. I have an iTouch though, so I'm pretty happy right now.

And what exactly is that supposed to mean? :p

I have an iTouch which is good for texting. But I want an actual phone for calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back