Chat speak

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I saw some of my teacher's notes and he was writing in CHAT SPEAK!!

This is exactly what he wrote: ''2moro let alic3 do P.3 wif da kidz @ 1:30pm.

The proper message was meant to be: Tomorrow let Alice do P.E with the kids at 1:30pm.

(P.S. If you're wondering who Alice is, its a student teacher.)

Yesterday I saw some of my teacher's notes and he was writing in CHAT SPEAK!!This is exactly what he wrote: ''2moro let alic3 do P.3 wif da kidz @ 1:30pm.

The proper message was meant to be: Tomorrow let Alice do P.E with the kids at 1:30pm.

(P.S. If you're wondering who Alice is, its a student teacher.)
Well, there's no point in writing in leet, who would? It takes more time than writing properly... :huh:

Well, there's no point in writing in leet, who would? It takes more time than writing properly... :huh:
Yeah, I think that some people try to write like that just to be ''cool''. The kids at my school try to do that to ''fit in with the big kids''. (Well thats the explanation one of them told me).

It can get to the point where its sickening!! :huh:

I think heavy chatspeak is very annoying (like using numbers instead of letters for substitutes of the real letters). Like what what tama w/ pants said; a bit of quick abbreviations wouldn't really hurt much.

Cecib :huh:

Honestly, I don't really Mind it.

Sure it can get annoying at times, And I don't really use it [i use Abbreviations though sometimes]

Hey, As Long As I can Understand it, I have no problem with it.

The only time I think txt tlk is acceptible is when your actually texting. I use; u=you, r=are, brb=Be right back, lol=laugh out loud,ily=i love you, and a few others. I do not go: "hi ppl luk at my new pics! ur all so gr8 ily al. im going 2 c u ppl l8r. ttyl. ily! bb!" I would say: Hey u guys, check out my new pics on myspace! Your all such coolio friends, ily all. i'll see u peeps later!" On tamatalk it annoys the crap out of me when you txttlk. ICANNOTSTANDIT.

x.addicted.x

I don't excessive use of it.

As long as I can read it I'm fine.

I do it when I'm texting but thats it.

What really pisses me off is when people get to using numbers in their words.

It doesn't make it look cool, it just makes you look stupid.

As for smileys....

I'm guilty xD

I think I have an excessive use of them.

>.< gosh i absolutley HATE that stuff.I hate the whole OMG L1KE TTLY AW3SO00M3 DA WEATHA IS S0 MUCH BETT3R.God!and remakes of words.Especially The remake of parents ('Rents -.-;; ^_^

So therefore i just HATE IT

The end XD (Of my rant)

EDIT:Sorry about overdoing it ^^;;;

Last edited by a moderator:
Being on the internet where poor language is used quite often, I have no problem with it at all.

I'm just use to it.

This guy at school emailed me saying (This is just a sentence from it):

"Ha1 k4r1.

h0w r u 2da1?"

I wanted to slap him x_x

I use stuff like "brb" "lol" "rofl" "ppl" and sometimes "u" and "2" instead of "you" and "too/to" but that's it. I can't understand it at ALL if people type using numbers instead of letters, like "i h8 u li3k z0mg" it gives me a head ache trying to read it!!!!! I hate it!!

chat speak angers me, unless it's like 'lol, lmao, rofl, omg, brb' that's it really.

i cannot stand it when people say things like that.. in a conversation, in person.

i mean, seriously. have some proper grammar and english.

I don't mind a lot of it... like brb, r, u, ttyl, lol, lmao, pwn, wtf, ftw, etc...

But you can use like 50,000 "chat speaks" in one post/message.

Abuse it/overuse it, and it gets annoying fast. When replying to a topic, I won't even bother wasting my time trying to make out what it is that is trying to be brought across if it is loaded with "chat speak."

Overuse of smilies.... well, the are so darn cute. :D

But we shouldn't abuse the poor smilies either. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back