Chile Struck By a Massve Earthquake

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chile as well? Gawd, those kind of countries aren’t having much luck right now, are they? I’ve heard there’s going to be a tsunami in Hawaii later on as well. Next freaking Vesuvius is going to blow up. The famous Pompeii eruption was what you call a....Okay, I forget what you call them but they apparently happen every two thousand years. The Pompeii eruption was two thousand years ago. With Vesuvius being near one of Italy’s major cities Naples, that’s 3,000,000 people at risk. Then there’s San Francisco, California which sits right on the fault line, so someday in the not-so-distant future there’s probably going to be a huge earthquake similar to the one in 1906.

M’kay, I’ll shut up now. I kinda went off topic xD. I’m not even sure if this stuff’s accurate.

:( it was Haiti first, and now Chile, (something about Hawaii too?) it's just so sad that tons of people have to lose their lives/lose people they love.. not to mention their have their homes destroyed, and they didn't even do anything to begin with.

There are apparently a lot of rescue crews and organizations over there, it's nice to see all the nations coming together.. on the bright side :/ But for the people who live there it must be terrible.

*prays*

I saw this on Msn.ca! D: This is horrible, I feel really sorry for everyone there. ):

We just had a small earthquake here, in Canada. D: Plus we should have 2 more, after shocks.

It was the first time I experienced one, I was really scared.

There was a tsunami warning for Australia. The beaches were craaaaaaaazy and all down the coast of Queensland and New South Wales I think all the beaches were closed D: I went down with my little cousin for nippers at Coolangatta and there were people trying to swim and they were getting absolutely smashed.

It's so devastating that there's been another earthquake. And apparently it's worse than the one in Haiti. Chile were saying they want to hold off on aid because they want to have a plan instead of everyone just rushing in to help without really knowing what they're doing - I think that's really good considering what happened in Haiti.

I just hope nothing else happens ):

Tsunami warning in New Zealand too. No earthquakes around where i live though.

o_O What's happening? First Haiti and Now Chili. Then a couple of nights ago we were watching the news and then it said 'At 9:15pmMT time Hawaii are expecting a Tsunami. It's the first time in 16 years that the Tsunami alarms have been sounded'

We watched the news as we are in GMT time zone. Nothing had happened by 10:00PM but I was glad it didn't hit them. Then Japan were hit with a 1 metre Tsunami wave. As Cookiefairy and Lost Girl said, Australia and New Zealand are on a Tsunami warning.

Actually, the Hawaii tsunami warnings have been lifted. British Columbia was expcting a tsunami also..

I heard about this. My mum said after the Haiti earthquake, a family from Haiti moved to Chile, then, what do you know, an earthquake in Chile. Bad luck for the family, huh?

But, yeah, as others have said, there is a tsunami warning in New Zealand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody at my school cares about the earthquake in Chile, it's all about Haiti

They make announcements every morning about Haiti relief and there are posters everywhere encouraging students to "skip a meal for Haiti" and donate and all that

I wrote "What about Chile?" on one of the posters and a security guard yelled at me :/

Haiti is really much worse off than Haiti. Haiti is one of the most impoverished countries in the world, and they certainly don't have the money and resources to recover quickly from a quake.

--------

There was just another earthquake in Thailand, I think. O:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back