Christmas

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamagotchi_forever!

Reaction score
This is mostly for kids as their parent usually buy things for them to give people.early I know but it will be xmas season in no time.only a few months and time seams to fly by now.

No, its not worth it. Afterwards people just through it "to show their appreciation".

Heres my motto: "To give me is what I give you"

I make gifts for family, sometimes I buy them gifts but my mom helps paying, and i only buy it for my closest friends. So that means I buy gifts for like 3 friends, and then I just give some of my stuff (ie; books, toys, stuffed animals etc.) to the other friends.

Making things is perfect for presents as they have love in them :wub: (sorry to go soppy) I've never done it as they (whatever I made) would probably look awful.unless i drew something.Im ok at drawing :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol I have an inventors mind. But so far I knitted a bag for my grandma, I am knitting a scarf for my Auntie Leigh and I will knit a hat probably, for my Grandpa. Oh yeah I might also try to make a tie for my new uncle LOL XD

EDIT: I forgot to add: Last Chrismas, I made one of those Boats in a Bottle thing, except it was a boat I made from a piece of paper, half a juice box and a piece of a straw, and it was in a milk bottle LOL.

Quite plainly, no. I don't.

I don't buy things for people just because I have to. :|

I buy things on an impulse when the person I know will love it. I don't buy things for people who go "OMG THANK YOOOUUUUU" for a crust of bread and do the same for what I give them. I see that as a waste of my time. People aren't bound to appreciate what I give them if they treat it the same way as anything else. Personally, it's rather rude. Perhaps I cannot express my distaste properly, I dunno.

I don't spend my own money on others' birthday presents. My allowance is far too small to do that, anyways. One dollar a week. Not a lot, and I DO place my personal items over gifts for other people.

I find the whole "gift-giving" concept to be disgusting nowadays, anyway. Presents, ick. Ick ick ick. It's one thing to give somebody something to celebrate something special (hence why I do quite enjoy birthdays, however usually not birthday parties) but quite another to be buying something simply because it's "what you do."

Also, the gift of giving. BAH. Christmas has none of that.

I'm not against giving people gifts, and I don't refuse to get gifts. But everything that I give because I like to give people things I usually handmake. I LOVE to give people things, I love to drop random presents on people just because, and I love to celebrate birthdays. Birthdays are the best because you don't have to crank out multiple presents for people. I hate doing that. Especially when my parents make me draw some christmas cards for everyone or decorate some crummy boxes or wrap all the gifts because I do SUCH a good job on them.. Ick. Giant projects that don't MEAN anything.

Another thing that bugs me is like this one particular time I made a necklace for mothers day or something. She loved it and then demanded I make her matching earrings. :| Different time, she wanted a painting for her birthday from me. >__> Actually, she always wants paintings, but thats another story.

A few times I do see something which I think "Gosh! This is PERFECT for _____" but not often. I can understand when people don't handmake things and it can still be as personal as the things I do. I can also understand when people actually want material things for gifts rather then what I offer.

I do take an enourmous amount of time and effort to wrap the presents. I made a bracelet and a picture for my e-twin, Chaoyll, and I backet it on cardboard, drew on that, made a card to put the picture in, drew on that, criss-crossed it with ribbon, wrapped that in foam, put it in an envelope, drew on that, front and back, and then mailed it across the USA and the Atlantic all the way to Belgium. n__n It was really fun. Ahh, the things I do..

I know that while most people like christmas for the presents, some do not. My grandmother loves the decorating. Personally, Thanksgiving is the holiday for me- NO PRESENTS. And even if there are (which is still awesome) it's not like we HAD to bring them. Of course, my parents are still obsessed with me making some sort of "collectable" but it's tolerable.

Just my own outlook, of course.

I buy real/handmade things for family. (Like toys for my cousins etc.)

I just make handmade things for friends, its' fun to do- and i enjoy it.

My Mum buys things for my sister & Dad from me. And my Dad buys my Mum something from me & my sister.

But I save up myself for my boyfriends presents as he's very expensive to buy for. But when we started going out we decided that we wouldn't buy each others families anything because then the amount we'd spend would be ridiculous - but his & my family still buy me & him presents from them.

My mum gives me money to buy my friends presents though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back