chubby (thats what i am)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

catzanddogz

Reaction score
Nothing works!I have actually kept a food journal for like three weeks and i think i gained even more!! It's especially hard because my sister is skinny as a stick also we always have sweets around and i have horrible self control and even if we dont have sweets i can work for money really easily and i have a corner store like 5 min. away!!! i need help!!!!!!! I have seriously tried everything but i cant control my eating!! Does anyone know about some kind of free web support group for losing weight? If you do plz tell me If anyone can help or has advice plz post it here

If you only look a bit chubby, don't worry. Even your own sister doesn't have the exact same genetics as you.

...but if you think you could lose weight, try chewing gum. The chewing motion eases hunger I've heard.

Well if you are pubescent that contributes alot to weight gain.

Sugars are metabolized quickly; IF you metabolize them. Otherwise, they turn into fat, which is stored in fat cells. It takes 5 years to rid of one fat cell. So, you need to excersize and drop the calories you consumed or else they will be converted into fat.

Drinking water with your meals helps ease the feeling of hunger.

I know a bit about this subject. What other questions do you have?

Last edited by a moderator:
Scottie_ is right, you could always chew gum. Just don't go for that high-sugar bubble gum, one piece of that can have up to 25 calories right there.

Water is always good. When you feel the urge to eat something, grab a glass of water. Or calorieless lemonade.

Exercise while you are watching TV. Do sit-ups and such during the show, and jog in place during the commericals.

Keep your food journal. That should help.

Have fruits/vegtables with EVERY meal. It makes you healthier, makes you feel healthier, and gives you an optimistic boost that you need. ;)

Get enough sleep. You can't eat when you're sleeping, can you? And believe it or not, you burn calories when you're sleeping, too. Getting enough sleep may also boost your metabolism for the next day.

Eat breakfast. Fry up some egg whites with some fat-free cheese in a pan and have some whole wheat toast and fruit. The egg whites are full of fatless protein - which is sure to boost your metabolism for the whole day. The cheese gives you calcium, the whole wheat toast gives you fiber and helps fill you up, and the fruit gives you key vitamins like vitamin C.

Hope this helped! As RachelGotchi said, I am also quite educated on this subject as well. So feel free to ask about anything! :lol:

Scottie_ is right, you could always chew gum. Just don't go for that high-sugar bubble gum, one piece of that can have up to 25 calories right there.
Water is always good. When you feel the urge to eat something, grab a glass of water. Or calorieless lemonade.

Exercise while you are watching TV. Do sit-ups and such during the show, and jog in place during the commericals.

Have fruits/vegtables with EVERY meal. It makes you healthier, makes you feel healthier, and gives you an optimistic boost that you need. ;)

Get enough sleep. You can't eat when you're sleeping, can you? And believe it or not, you burn calories when you're sleeping, too. Getting enough sleep may also boost your metabolism for the next day.

Eat breakfast. Fry up some egg whites with some fat-free cheese in a pan and have some whole wheat toast and fruit. The egg whites are full of fatless protein - which is sure to boost your metabolism for the whole day. The cheese gives you calcium, the whole wheat toast gives you fiber and helps fill you up, and the fruit gives you key vitamins like vitamin C.

Hope this helped! As RachelGotchi said, I am also quite educated on this subject as well. So feel free to ask about anything! :lol:
Well, fats don't equal proteins. So a fatless protein is a given.

There are 4 calories in every gram of carbs, 4 calories in every gram of protein and 9 calories in every gram of fat.

Protein is important in building muscle. As long as you metabolize it you really needn't worry too much about them.

Well it takes way longer than 3 weeks to loose a good amount of weight. My dad has been working out for about 8 years at the gym almost every day and he hasn't even lost 100 LB. He lost about 85 LB.

I'm sort of glad I;m skinny.... no matter how much I eat I never gain weight! =( I'm too skinny

Also keep in mind carbs also turn into sugars in the body. Low the calories and carbs by perhaps switching from normal soft drinks to diet ones. Read labels to find this information because it can really help you if you decide to restrict carbs and calories you have during the day.

I'm rather bad somedays with sticking around 1400 calories, but do your best with it. Also with exercise, a nurse told me its good to get 150 minutes of exercise of any kind a week, so maybe if you're doing that already increase it to 200.

I gotta get back into my rowing machine and stepper sometime, been doing walking 40-60 min a night though and swimming usually once a week for 30 minutes.

I notice what's worked with me in the past was not going by scales. I went by my belt holes getting tighter and other people noticing it on me before I saw a difference. I knew I lost weight when my grandmother told me how nice I looked (she's a very truthful and opinionated person. If she says you look good, she MEANS IT!).

Anyway I hope I can lose somemore and I hope you reach a goal too at some point, but just keep in mind if you are in the age of puberty, your body might not co operate as much until those hormones settle down which will be once you're an adult or 18 at least. I had to wait until after college to do something about my weight since I had my studies to deal with AND things to pay off. I did super well last summer, I'm hoping I'll shed somemore weight this summer.

Control your sweet intake.

Salty and sweet snacks might be tasty, but they're calorie-dense and nutrition-light. Tell yourself to pick up an apple. you could have it with some caramel, as long as it's a small amuont, if you find fruit really hard on you.

If you find yourself hungry in the middle of the day, I really suggest picking up some crisp bread, cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes, and some -low fat- cream cheese or cheese, and make yourself a couple whole grain crisp bread crackery things with tomatoes, cucumbers, some cheese, and onions.

Also--try to play a part in grocery shopping. Do your parents tend to come back with boxes of oreos but no carrots? Maybe you should go along with them, make a small list of -healthy- things that you want, and ask them if you can get some.

Also, you have to burn about 3,500 calories more than you eat to lose one pound. So excercise at least one hour a day! Hula-hooping and strength trainingy type stuff are very good for during the afternoon, and you can make it fun, too! Yoga is great at night to wind down--I suggest Half MOon and Sun Salutation, even if the Sun Salutation routine is meant for morning. Maybe reward yourself with a jazzed up something that's moderately cheap but still worth it. Bracelet? Jazzed up socks? Stuffed animal? Something, at the end of the month, if you've lost a reasonable amount of weight.

Also--

Read the labels! If there's "High Fructose Corn Syrup" "Corn Syrup" or "Fructose" anything on it, drop it and leave it alone. Those treats may look yummy but it won't when you've gained more weight.

Excercise while you watch telly, if you really like telly.

More, yes, more.

Do. Not. Compare. Yourself. To. Models.

That's all I really have to say.

Wait...no...

Also find out what calorie intake you really need per-day, fat intake, etc. And, eat lots of dried fruit.

ANDI'MNOTDONEYET! D:

Fruit should be considered a treat, though. Try not to have more than three servings of fruit in a day--it's very high in sugar, even if it's natural sugar.

Another bit of advice. This is important.

How fast do you eat? Do you chew properly?

If you eat really fast, which is easy to do subconciously with a fork, buy some chopsticks. Why? Chopsticks force you to eat slower, allowing you to digest the food while you eat it, therefore you eat the right amount of food.

OOh ooh ooh! More! xD

At first, set low goals for yourself. Don't say "I WANT TO LOSE 100 LB!" Say "I think this month I'd like to lose 10 lb."

That makes it much easier on you. ^^ Best of luck.

But before you take this advice...

take your height and age and check if you're in the healthy weight scale. If you are, just maintain the weight! It's fine if you're just chubby looking, and not actually in need of weight loss. But do take those tips to maintain your weight, actually. xD

Ok.....umm since this is a topic then i should say IM CHUBBY TOO. Well im not like really fat im just a little. I took gymnastics and i can do handstands for 5 seconds. Do something physical like yoga *thats what im gonna take*

I'm trying to lose weight too.

I'm more trying to eat only when I'm hungry and exercise a lot. But, now with all that you guys have said about sugar and fat cells, I'm gonna cut back on my sugar too, I eat a lot!

I would recommend just trying to eat healthy breakfasts and not snacking. Also, maybe do something active, instead of going to the movies with friends, do like frisbee golf or something.

Good Luck!

I also have been trying to loose some weight. ^-^

My sister is also a glutton who eats almost everything. But she's gaining a lot of weight lately. >;]

I would try exercising, even if it is just normal should ask your things like going out to swim with your friends or bike riding. ^-^

.. and if there are too many sweets in the house, you parents if they could stop buying them, or hide the ones they have now.

[SIZE=7pt]I know that it's hard to control yourself when you see all of those sweet treats laying around, but you should probably get them out of your way.[/SIZE]

When I saw candies up in our food cabinets, I asked my mom to put them into a place where I wouldn't find them. Or stop buying them, no matter how delicious looking they were.

The minute I have my occasional sweet, I try to head outside so I can burn the calories.

Don't expect to lose weight right away, once you start doing exercise.

I learned that from my dad.

He's been improving his weight also.

To our family, diets are a no-no.

Kid's should not be taking diets in my opinion.

We should just be eating right.

It's good to be conscience (that's a spelling mistake) about what you eat and do, but obsessing over it will only make you feel bad about yourself, I think.

There are some great healthy foods out there too.

Some of my favourites are eggs, fruits, juices, and milk.

When you are feeling the urge to eat, grab a glass of water, and see if that helps.

You may just have been thirsty. That's what I always find helps.

Read the labels to what you are about to eat.

Lots of fat? Maybe you should try to find something else.

Worried about exercize?

Well, it doesn't have to seem like a chore anymore.

There are many fun ways to do it, like with a friend.

You can swim at the local swimming pool, dance around to your favourite songs,

have running contests, sign up for a summer activity such as dance or sports, and have fun while your at it. :D

During the puberty years, it's normal to gain a little bit of weight now and then.

It's how your body evens out.

But it's nothing to feel guilty about, because it doesn't last forever.

Nobody looks as picture-perfect and bone-skinny as a model.

Please don't compare yourself to something so airbrushed and fake.

As long as you are patient and take care of yourself, good things will start to happen for you.

Because of this, my Dad is much healthier now.

Good luck!

:)

Three words:

Dance Dance Revolution.

I have DDR Supernova 2 and it's so much fun! On top of that, I lost about ten pounds in a little over a week. And I wasn't even planning on it! Dancing games like that are very fun, and you'll lose some weight.

Also, just try to eat as much healthy food as you can. Order Jenny Craig (or a low-carb food producer) if you have to! Fattening, sugary, carb and calorie-loaded foods are the #1 source of a chubby figure. When you go out to restaurants, order a salad or something of the sort. When you eat at home, get some Cheerios for breakfast or some veggies and pasta for dinner. They have healthy frozen dinners that you can heat up and eat at your local grocery store, I'm sure.

You just have to push yourself. Push yourself to exercise more and eat healthier. And, every once in a while, you can treat yourself to a sweet treat, like chocolate cake or something. It's always good to keep some of that sugar in your blood, not just waste all of it.

Hope I helped, and good luck!

Three words: Dance Dance Revolution.

I have DDR Supernova 2 and it's so much fun! On top of that, I lost about ten pounds in a little over a week. And I wasn't even planning on it! Dancing games like that are very fun, and you'll lose some weight.

Also, just try to eat as much healthy food as you can. Order Jenny Craig (or a low-carb food producer) if you have to! Fattening, sugary, carb and calorie-loaded foods are the #1 source of a chubby figure. When you go out to restaurants, order a salad or something of the sort. When you eat at home, get some Cheerios for breakfast or some veggies and pasta for dinner. They have healthy frozen dinners that you can heat up and eat at your local grocery store, I'm sure.

You just have to push yourself. Push yourself to exercise more and eat healthier. And, every once in a while, you can treat yourself to a sweet treat, like chocolate cake or something. It's always good to keep some of that sugar in your blood, not just waste all of it.

Hope I helped, and good luck!
Actually, considering fruits are a good source of natural sugars, keeping 'the sugar in your blood' is not an issue.

For a treat of some sort I suggest Blue Bunny products. You can't even tell they're low calorie.

Make sure you don't it eat a lot before you go to bed. That's not good. I'm not sure why it has something to do with your digestive system just storing it as fat instead...

Anyway if you have problem with consuming junk food and stuff like that then (I know it doesn't help much) try eating a cereal bar instead if you really have to.

[SIZE=7pt]Swimming helps ^.^ It helps because you use lots of muscles in your body to swim... I think =P[/SIZE]

Also, who cares if your a bit chubby? I mean, some people are anorexic sticks and it's really unhealthy and dangerous. Whatever happens, don't try anything that could affect your health like bulumia (spelling?) or anorexia.

If your not being teased badly or are starting to say you hate your life because of your weight, then stick with it! I know that as you grow taller, you don't start losing weight, but your sorta being stretched, aren't you? I know some people that are podgy, but they don't let it get to them.

Also, do you really want to be like everyone else? I mean, so many people want to be skinny and fit, but why? God made you as you are =D

I understand the sweetie thing... Whenever I have spare change, I like to buy myself something yummy to munch on. I have a corner shop about 5 minutes away too, so I know how tempting it can be. I'm not trying to make you feel bad or anything, or sound like I'm boasting, but I am slim and (fairly) healthy xD And I was very chubby as a toddler. But as I grew taller, my tummy started shrinking xP

Try find something physical you like doing. If you keep your mind focused, you could eventually get the figure you want. Don't base yourself on models, either. Most of them are anorexic *scowls*.

People have different metoblisms to others. I burn up my food quicker then my one friend. Sometimes it can be that you think you have an eating problem, when actually, you just have a slower metabolism. (I think I know what metabolisms are... =P).

I understand you can get sick of people telling you to be yourself, but, when they say it, they mean it:

Be Yourself!!

If you are still unhappy about some things, try speaking to someone about it. Food journals are good... If you write down what you should eat, as well, every day, it can help:

Monday

Breakfast = something that will fill you up and healthy.

Lunch = something healthy and supposedly what will fill you up.

Dinner = not something huge. Just something you won't want to start snacking on things after.

Snacks = fruit and vegetables. Try and do your 5-a-Day.

Some people say you should "eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch and a pauper for dinner".

It's okay to have your odd chocolate bar or treat, just don't start over-indulging yourslelf.

Try not drink any fizzy drinks if you do. It helps. I used to love fizzy drinks, now they kinda make me sick =]

And chewing gum makes me more hungry, so I'm not sure if it's such a good idea - gum is also bad for your stomach.

Hope I helped!

Best Wishes

barky

Well, I think chubby is kind of cute, myself! :blink: I am quite slim and don't really know too much about the subject, but I do know all about staying healthy and in shape! You should always eat 5 fruit and veg a day, and I know that sounds awful, but it can be really fun! Just think - a kiwi, a big bowl of strawberries, pineapple juice, chopped up apple and a banana and you're there!!! ;)

Yeah, you really need to hide the sweets.

It helps to do the small things, like if you buy a drink with whipped cream on it, take off the whipped cream. Or if you get a salad, get fat-free dressing 'cause it adds up. Don't eat when your not hungry.

Exercise too cuz it builds up your metabolism. Then you can eat more without gaining anything. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back