Cold Treatment/Remedies

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x.Rachel

Reaction score
I have a bad cold.

I am tired of having no energy, an upset stomach, and so much pressure I feel my head will explode.

I need some remedies. I am interested in the different ones that will be shared.

Every bit helps,

Rachel.

Rest

Drink plenty of fluids - hot drinks like tea or even hot water, soups good (like Monster Trucks says) - clear chicken noodle soups very good ;)

Don't get a headache sitting at the computer for hours :D

(take a decongestant for the exploding head thing)

WAIT

Sorry, I know that's not much help

But honestly, it will pass if you give it

time. <3

Don't let it get you down.

x

[Edit]: Typo =P

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help so far, guys.

I just read through a million different websites, and have found some pretty obscure sounding remedies.

I just want to know what works for all my buddies here.

If it's a stuffy nose, you could always eat something somewhat spicy, or drink/eat something liquid - like tea or soup. When I have a stuffy nose, that stuff always helps unclog it.

If it's runny, there's not much to do with that. It's better than it being stuffy though.

Headache - take a nice warm bath. Take an Advil or something and rest a lot. And like TamaMum said, get offline. xD

GARLIC.

Seriously, raw garlic. Don't eat a huge clove, but a little nibble a day should work just fine. I eat it once a day and it seems to prevent colds as well. Though at the moment I have a nasty flu sorta thang D: I hate having colds and flues.

Mum has so many strange remedies up her sleeve. She tells me I need to eat a tablespoon of honey a day or I could get a deadly flu. I found that a few drops of Apple Cider Vinegar in a bathtub help for a sniffley nose and sore throat.

Haha, that's all for now. Hope it helps!

What everyone else said plus, if you don't have any decongestants like Tamamum suggested, you could always take a hot bath or hot shower. The steam usually helps clear my nasal passages pretty well. Even if you just breathe in the steam from a cup of water/tea or something similar. Also if you have a dehumidifier, those work pretty well, especially for sleeping.

Vitamin C helps fight the winter colds.

Mandarins and oranges are really good for fighting colds and taste great.

Soup is amazing too. Especially veggie soup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back