Collecting passwords is kind of cheating

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrickerTreat

Reaction score
I don't like that certain people on this board collect passwords and give them out to everyone, and that other people make topics asking for password. It ruins the whole point of Version 3. Nobody finds it fun to go to Tamatown and find the passwords yourself?

i agree with you on one point; to give out or ask for passwords, that's not fun at all for them. but let them destroy the fun part of the v3, and unlock passwords yourself without any help from others. that is what i'm gonna do when i get my v3.

actually, it's your password, not toy, so it's kinda mean to everyone else if you give tamatown cheats without telling your username. I hope people who have told passwords without usernames will see this. They will realize their mistake. its only a mistake, so they shouldnt take it seriously.

You ABSOULUTLY ROCK trickertrit!(Sorry if I got it wrong.)

I've told every body!

You'r right it does stop the fun!

That's a good point, but I beleive that if you don't want to find out the codes, don't look at them. :ph34r:

But, like you just NEED the passwords, and then when you see them online, you just have to go for 'em. I mean they are already there, so you might as well use them! Ya know what I mean!? Like say your looking for shop passwords and then they are posted on here and you've been looking for them EVERYWHERE!What are you going to do. Say "Oh, that's a bad thing, you know taking passwords from other people is cheating, so...I'm not gonna take them OR are you going to say " YES! There they are!I mean we're all just being nice and sharing passwords so let's use them!" I think the second, don't you? So I'm going to use the passwords posted and I think others should too! :wacko: :lol: :) :ph34r: :huh: :huh:

That's a good point, but I beleive that if you don't want to find out the codes, don't look at them.  :wacko:
you know what Jappyx, you're right, if you don't want to use them, don't look at 'em. You're smart Jappyx! :huh: :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree with you on one point; to give out or ask for passwords, that's not fun at all for them. but let them destroy the fun part of the v3, and unlock passwords yourself without any help from others. that is what i'm gonna do when i get my v3.
you mean, you don't have a v3? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be rude angelgal. Not everyone lives in a place with v3s or can get one right now without going on ebay and paying 30$ for a 15$ gotchi.

I agree, this can take the fun out of it, but some people don't want to be caught DEAD on tamatown with it's childish-nes so they get codes for their gotchi here. ^^

I think there's just absolutely no point in posting passwords as they won't work with different usernames!

I don't like that certain people on this board collect passwords and give them out to everyone, and that other people make topics asking for password. It ruins the whole point of Version 3. Nobody finds it fun to go to Tamatown and find the passwords yourself?
I agree, but it's not cheating, and it's mean if you do it without telling your username.

i agree on both points. Some codes are hard to find but the obvious ones such as games are so easy! the games are aimed for younger children anyway( i think) so its not too hard to to it urself :furawatchi:

Don't be rude angelgal. Not everyone lives in a place with v3s or can get one right now without going on ebay and paying 30$ for a 15$ gotchi.
I agree, this can take the fun out of it, but some people don't want to be caught DEAD on tamatown with it's childish-nes so they get codes for their gotchi here. ^^
On ebay, I've seen tamas for exactly $5.00, and almost all of that, save $0.01, is Shipping and Handling.

Well sure - it is cheating - thats why they call then "cheats". But people can choose to cheat or not - I prefer to work them out myself - it is heaps more fun, but I guess if people don't have the time to work them out/play the games to win points to donate to the king etc - then they can have the option to cheat....

I've given out all the passwords for the ring, cape and crown from the king on another site, along with my user name...but I'm not forcing anyone to use them - and if they choose to reset their tama to change the username they will lose other things....and it may not work...so there is some risk.

On the other hand, what are you going to do when the TamaTown site is taken down? Bandai won't keep it up forever. I imagine a year from now they'll have a new version of Tamagotchi, and a new web site, then those who still want to play with V3 Connection/Connexion Tamagotchis will be glad to have a list of passwords. However I agree that having passwords without the username is a waste of effort. Those who are going to collect & post passwords should standardize on a common username.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back