Computer Help

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken~Wings

Reaction score
Well I have been having difficulties with my laptop lately, and my dad just gets mad when I ask him about it. I know some of you TTers have some what of a clue on computers, so maybe you could help.

My laptop has problems with watching videos and listening to music. I have no idea how to fix it, and I need a little help. I wil;l be watching a video or listening to music when suddenly, it stops. I try to exit the page but it just sits there and a little box pops up asking me if I would like to end the program. So of course, I hit "Yes". So it will happen numerous times, and then when I will try to open up the internet, it won't and I have to turn off my computer and turn it back on.

I know my virus protection is very out of date at the moment, but when I tell my dad he says he'll fix it and he never does. So I am very afraid that a virus is on my computer and would like to know how to check and see if it is. Also, I need help with why my internet keeps doing what it's doing.

Help is much appreciated!

Broken~Wings

If you have IE, try clearing out your cache. Go to internet tools (Tools > Internet options), then temporary files, then clear that. I need to do that every time DA starts acting up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I did that and it helped a little bit.

We called the Dell services today and they did this thing where they connect to my computer and they can see my screen and internet and everything, and he downloaded spybot and searched for things that didn't need to be there. Turns out, there were 450 things of junk/viruses on my computer. Now were gonna do something to my laptop tomorrow that deletes everything and it makes it like a new laptop and everything.

Broken~Wings

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like a virus :\ Good thing you called Dell when you did. Usually that happens if you have DSL

Does it just suddenly stop and never come back on and then it asks if you want to shut down or does it stop and then start up again after a while? If it's the first one that I described then I can't help you, but if it's the second one that's going on, maybe your internet service doesn't play videos like mine. I use dial up and the videos always skip on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back