Concerned To The Point Of Ridicule.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz!

Reaction score
I used to consider myself lucky. I had a perfect circle of friends. None of the alcohol/drug abuse was about, nor did we have the issue with "cutting".

We never used to.

I'm so worried right now. One of my best friends was reported missing, a bottle of wine and a knife covered in blood was found under her bed.

Her cousin Dale called her, and she told him that she was with another of our best friends, just down at a park. She was lying.

Later, she was found across the city by the police in some guy's house smoking weed. I know what you're all thinking, "She's a teenager, they always experiment with drugs/alcohol/etc." Not thirteen year olds.

I'm worried about her, what will happen?

But the worst thing is that everyone is being so harsh on her, yelling at her that she's an idiot, that she's stupid and saying that they're going to kill her. Yes, what she did was incredibly stupid and wrong, but there is obviously a reason WHY SHE DID IT!

Why don't they talk to her, figure out why she felt the need to split open her veins, why she felt the need to run away and why she felt the need to smoke f-ing weed!

Why don't they tell her that it's alright, and that they still love her, even if she did the wrong thing?

But I'm also concerned about what will become of her future. She's only thirteen, and she's doing all of this, what will happen to her when she's of legal age?

well i have 12 year old freinds who do weed and all

and anyways why dont you talk to her?

not your ffriends , cuz ur the only one who seems to care

That's sad - and sick.

Does she know that?

Is she sorry and regretful? Or has she just decided to go seriously emo-depressed or something?

How is she taking all of this? Have you talked to her? And actually, thirteen year olds experiment with drugs and crap too. Not just the older teens.

...But I'm also concerned about what will become of her future. She's only thirteen, and she's doing all of this, what will happen to her when she's of legal age?
Why do you assume that because she has done this once that she is now set on a slippery downward spiral...?

She made a stupid mistake, but she's your friend and even if you don't agree with what she did, there's no harm in simply letting her know that you are still her friend and that you care about her.

Maybe she'll go on making stupid mistakes or maybe she'll make a few more and then see sense. It is her future and you can't control it. If you care about her, just let her know. That's all you can do really.

If there are reasons for her behaviour, then it's her parents / carers responsiblility to try to help her sort things out. I'm sure your support as a good friend will mean a lot to her.

That's sad - and sick.Does she know that?

Is she sorry and regretful? Or has she just decided to go seriously emo-depressed or something?
I found that statement extremely close-minded.

Anyone would be depressed by that.

And it probably would be because of regret.

And not like she probably wasn't already.

And the fact you had to throw the word "emo" into it.

The most you can do is be there for her.

I've been where you are.

The best thing you can give her is your presence.

^ I agree with you 100%. On everything.

And your avatar is one of the most gorgeous things I have ever seen in my complete existence. <3

That's a shame that your friend is having such a hard time right now. You're right to think that people need to be more understanding and talk to her, instead of just yelling at her - chances are that's only going to hurt her more and make her want to rebel again.

Be there and consol her - be that person that is going to make the difference. Just keep in mind that you can't change her or control her. She wants to have to change and get better herself. Just make sure she knows she's not alone.

I would be there for her, like you guys said, but her mother has kind of....to put it lightly, freaked out. She isn't allowed on the phone, computer, not even allowed out of the house anymore. And to top it all off, we are only allowed to see her at school and that is not until February.

But she had admitted that she knows she's screwed up, but she still is not stopping.

She still sneaks out to be with the guys that the police found her with and, don't think that I am encouraging her to sneak out, but if she is going to do it, why is it with them? Instead of us, her friends who have stuck by her through this, even if there are only two or three of us.

Nothing is going right. I am a failure, a screw up, a nobody. I cant take it. Im trying but well i just cant see past my mistakes. I have ruined life for everyone i know. I am suffering here. i want it to stop

I don't know what I can do for her anymore, now she is saying that she wants to kill herself because she has messed up so badly. I've known her since I was nine years old...she is one of my best friends and I love her. But she is not letting us help her.

Not to criticize how her mother brings her up, but who would let their thirteen year old daughter go to this guys who she has never even met house for a night? I think that is horrible that somebody would be so careless about their daughter like that!

Now we can't even see her because her mother thinks that we knew what was going on and it is our fault that we did not tell her in the first place.

Be there for her.

That's all you can really do. Gather back her friends and talk to them so they can be there for her. Re assure her that she's beautiful and that you and her friends all still love her and she ISNT a screw up. Make her see her own natural beauty. Defend and help her if somebody is being really RAWR at her.

I found that statement extremely close-minded. Anyone would be depressed by that.

And it probably would be because of regret.

And not like she probably wasn't already.

And the fact you had to throw the word "emo" into it.
My post wasn't meant to offend anyone.

It is sad and wrong, and there's no denying that.

Oh, and yes, I "threw the word emo" into it, in a question form, hoping to find out more information to provide better help.

Please - off my case.

As for the problem, again, speak to her about it and give her love, care and show her that you still respect her despite all the things she's done wrong.

-bratztroxg

My post wasn't meant to offend anyone.It is sad and wrong, and there's no denying that.

Oh, and yes, I "threw the word emo" into it, in a question form, hoping to find out more information to provide better help.

Please - off my case.

As for the problem, again, speak to her about it and give her love, care and show her that you still respect her despite all the things she's done wrong.

-bratztroxg
I know you obviously didn't mean any offense to be taken, but I also found the post very close minded.. More so because of the fact that I've gone through similar hardships, and I definitly would not want somebody telling me how wrong I am in what I've done, how sick it is, and telling me that I either regret it or I'm "emo" and depressed. I wanted help and comfort and understanding, and that's exactly what I suggest you give to your friend, Liz.

Wishing all of you the best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back