Concrete Angel

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz!

Reaction score
I was looking through YouTube before and I came across this:

[SIZE=14pt]
[/SIZE]

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

What are your thoughts on child abuse?

I don't know of any teacher who would turn her head and ignore such bruises.

I don't know of any teacher who would turn her head and ignore such bruises.
That's what I was thinking.

Pretty much every teacher would do something... They actually have to, they're supposed to turn in anything suspicious like that, same with if they suspect a suicide, etc.

I didn't like the song, I don't like Martina McBride, but the video was a bit sad.

I think a lot of kids are abused for no reason, which of course is not right. At the same time, though, spanking is sometimes considered child abuse now and some kids just need a good spanking.

I'm not saying you should beat a kid into oblivion, but if they do something stupid, give 'em a swat. That's how it used to be, kids learned. Now, kids get away with everything, 10 year olds have cell phones, 8 year olds are on the internet, and if a kid cries, mommy and daddy go rushing to their side.

Abuse is wrong, but spanking and swats to remind a kid to behave I definitely support.

Abuse is wrong, but spanking and swats to remind a kid to behave I definitely support.
I agree. My parents never spanked me, my mom doesn't believe in that, but a swat isn't bad, it's not like you broke the kid's bones or something.

i am so sad from that T.T abuse is like a **** on earth (sorry bout that)

That's what I was thinking.
Pretty much every teacher would do something... They actually have to, they're supposed to turn in anything suspicious like that, same with if they suspect a suicide, etc.

I didn't like the song, I don't like Martina McBride, but the video was a bit sad.

I think a lot of kids are abused for no reason, which of course is not right. At the same time, though, spanking is sometimes considered child abuse now and some kids just need a good spanking.

I'm not saying you should beat a kid into oblivion, but if they do something stupid, give 'em a swat. That's how it used to be, kids learned. Now, kids get away with everything, 10 year olds have cell phones, 8 year olds are on the internet, and if a kid cries, mommy and daddy go rushing to their side.

I am very much in agreement with this.

My parents did give me physical punishment- and it worked. I did something wrong, I got whooped in the behind. Sure, it hurt a bit but it's not the same as beating to a pulp which is totaly different.

Child abusers should be locked away and serverly punished.

Personally, I don't think psychical punishment is necessary. Verbal punishment and losing privileges work also. That video was very sad. Was the boy her guardian angel??

I hate that video. so sad.

Child abuser people suck and are retards. The retards part especially.

boo. You evil people! Yes, they are a***** too.

To al of you people who believe in verbal punishment, ********!!!!!!!!!! verbal abuse if just as bad as physical abuse. I have expericed verbal, phycial and mental abuse and by far, mental and verbal can cause someone to commit suicide. Phycial is very very very bad, but you recover. Things that are said and threats that have been made say with you f-o-r-e-v-e-r.

~Reanna

That's very sad.

I agree with furawatchi girl, verbal abuse stays with you for life, phisical abuse is only there for a few minutes. Words are the worst thing that anyone could use against you.

Here's a poem I found on the internet about abuse:

You call me names,

You curse me out,

When I make you mad,

You scream and shout,

I know you love me,

and I know you care,

there’s times when you show it,

but those times are rare,

I hardly get to see you,

but the times that I do,

You’re either drunk or high,

but Daddy.. I still love you,

You hit me a lot,

but it's because I do you wrong,

I must do you wrong plenty,

since these bruises stay for so long

I keep my feelings

locked up inside,

the bruises and scars,

I try to hide,

When the doctor asked,

who gave these bruises to me

I didn’t tell them it was you Daddy

I told them it was me,

I don’t know if they believed me,

but they put this needle in my arm, Daddy I pray that when I'm gone they will do you no harm,

Daddy I'm getting scared,

I look around

and you’re no where to be found

as I take my very last breath,

I go peacefully, without you, to my death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I don't think psychical punishment is necessary. Verbal punishment and losing privileges work also. That video was very sad. Was the boy her guardian angel??
Yeah, but the sad thing is, a lot of kids aren't threatened by losing privileges and verbal reprimands.

And, often swats or spanking are more shocking than painful, which is what gets their attention and makes them stop.

That video made me cry.My face feels watery.Sometimes my parents take away my priveleges for 3 days or something.Sometimes they just give me a quick spanking.But seriously,losing priveleges doesnt stay with a child there whole entire life.

Physical punsishment of ANY KIND is wrong in my opinion. It's not right, and there are many other ways of disciplining children! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back