Conducting a little research on newbies...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O.k, somebody thinks that I meant that newbies were bad or something, but I meant that people are saying bad stuff about them, that's what I don't like.

O.k, somebody thinks that I meant that newbies were bad or something, but I meant that people are saying bad stuff about them, that's what I don't like.
Oh okay I knew you didn't mean to say they were bad you were saying other people are saying they are bad.!

You shouldn't hate people for leaving tags unclosed. It's called "rushing to conclusions". And besides, they're new, so they probably don't know how annoying it is to send people that kind of message. I mean, seriously, would you like it if you sent someone something with unclosed tags and they hated you for it?
I don't hate n00bs... <_<

You shouldn't hate people for leaving tags unclosed. It's called "rushing to conclusions". And besides, they're new, so they probably don't know how annoying it is to send people that kind of message. I mean, seriously, would you like it if you sent someone something with unclosed tags and they hated you for it?
I don't hate them for leaving unclosed tags but when the beg to know how to do it, it gets annoying...

-Darkcore

Oh okay I knew you didn't mean to say they were bad you were saying other people are saying they are bad.!
Exactly!

That's what I was trying to point out at very begining. :huh:

I don't hate n00bs... :D
You know, n00b is not a very nice name to call newbies! It hurts their feelings! Once, I was a newbie on neopets, and EVERYONE there calls people n00bs, whether they're newbies or not! You don't want tamatalk to be like neopets, do you...? Anyway, you shouldn't call people n00bs. It's just mean.

That's what I've been saying! And besides, noob is just short for newbie. I don't like either of them. If your are calling someone noob, and it's rude, then calling them a newbie is rude too. I'm glad the user ranks are gone. :mimitchi:

I sure a lot of people hated being called a newbie when they were new.

I hated it. I always was embaresed when people could see that I was new on all of my posts. It made me feel like I didn't belong or something because people were always telling me what to do, and saying bad things about new people in their posts and polls. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbies don't bother me.

The only thing that DOES bother me, is sometimes new people will just post "hi" and "I like this site" or something on whatever topics they can find.

And what's wrong with titling your PMs with "hi"? I do it all the time. Sort of....

:( :p :D :D

I've always just accepted it as meaning a person new to a site... everyone's a newbie at some time or another. It's not like it's a bad thing.

-Now, no0b, that's a bad thing.

Fyrefox
it is sooooooooo not a bad thing to be a noob....if u r wondering i am not a noob

"no0b" does NOT mean newbie. It means a person who spams and swears and stuff. I don't like the fact that it sounds like the word "newbie", as many and most newbies are nice people, I'm just saying it's not nice to spam and swear.

-Because it isn't.

Fyrefox

But most people don't use "noob" like that. They use it as a shorter version as "newbie".

Both of them sound rude and mean to me.

But most people don't use "noob" like that. They use it as a shorter version as "newbie".Both of them sound rude and mean to me.
Really... I never knew that :( . I've only ever heard it used as the spammer/swearer version, in all the forums I've been on. I'm sorry if I insulted or offended anyone here. I'm only trying to get people to realise that it isn't all that pleasant to get "Hiya"-entitled, smiley-filled messages and to be interrupted with "hi sum1 pm me k?" in the middle of a conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, n00b is not a very nice name to call newbies! It hurts their feelings! Once, I was a newbie on neopets, and EVERYONE there calls people n00bs, whether they're newbies or not! You don't want tamatalk to be like neopets, do you...? Anyway, you shouldn't call people n00bs. It's just mean.
There is a difference between "newbies" and "noobs."

Newbies are honest new members who follow the rules...

Noobs are new members who spam and break rules and behave innapropriately...

Like I said before. Most people don't use it like that. They use it as a shorter version of newbie.

This is an actual PM.... 

Pm Title: Hiya!

Message: :( :p :p :angry: :D :D :blink: :p B) B) :p :angry: :(

[SIZE=8pt] HI! [/SIZE]

And they leave unclosed tags. :eek:
that must be annoying. I remember when I used to do that, though, everyone does it when they're new. you people should give it a rest on complaining about newbies, because when someone's new, they don't know much about how to do things.

it's almost the same thing as going into junior high for the first time... you don't know much until you get used to it.

that must be annoying. I remember when I used to do that, though, everyone does it when they're new. you people should give it a rest on complaining about newbies, because when someone's new, they don't know much about how to do things.it's almost the same thing as going into junior high for the first time... you don't know much until you get used to it.
I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to get people to realize that it isn't a good idea to hop into any random conversation and say "hi will sum1 pm me and be my friend :angry: :angry: :blink: :( :(", that they should make a simple, friendly topic in Introductions. I should've been clearer... *sigh*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back