Cosplay

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x_Lynn Chan_x

Reaction score
I Want To Start Cosplaying. It Seems Like A Lot Of Fun.

But Here's The Problem:

I Need Money! I'm To Young To Get A Job And My Parents Will

Only Give Me $3-$7 For Jobs Around The House.

All I Have Is My Money In My Piggy Bank and A Target Gift Card.

I Need A Few Tips On Cosplaying Too.

Thanks,

Lynn

www.cosplay.com is an excellent resource for cosplay information. :rolleyes: As far as the money situation goes, perhaps you can ask your parents for a stable allowance, say of $20 a week or something unless that's roughly how much you earn for doing chores. Heck, I never got paid for my chores, but I digress.

It is fun, it can be expensive, but you can learn a lot about crafts - not just costumes, but wigs, jewelry and prop design.

Do as much work as you can, Your lucky you get paid. Ive been working super hard to Cosplay as Itachi for a Anime Con. but I havent been able to earn the money.

I would suggest going to Wal-Mart, buying Materials, and use a Sewing Machine. Thats what Im shooting for. If you dont have a Sewing Machine try Ebay.

Cosplaying is fun!

Do as much work as you can, Your lucky you get paid. Ive been working super hard to Cosplay as Itachi for a Anime Con. but I havent been able to earn the money.
I would suggest going to Wal-Mart, buying Materials, and use a Sewing Machine. Thats what Im shooting for. If you dont have a Sewing Machine try Ebay.

Cosplaying is fun!
Good Luck With Cosplaying as Itachi. =]

Fabric outlets are great too - try and see if you have one close to you. Compared to my local Walmart, the fabric store had a LOT more, including synthetic fur (you know, for cat ears and whatnot.) I did most of my sewing by hand :rolleyes: A sewing pencil works wonders for keeping lines straight - if you don't have one, you can use regular chalk (white, unless the fabric is white.) I'm not sure how much sewing machines cost, or what you'd want to go for, but if you can't sew something by hand and don't have a machine, you can look up seamstress' or ask if any of your family members can help you.

You could work with your mum on the costume - it'd be a great project and a great time to talk to her if you have anything that needs discussing.

I Think I'm Going To Cosplay As Sailor Jupiter. =] 

If Not I'll Go As CardCaptor Sakura Or TenTen.
Good luck, I never liked Sailor Moon but thats because I was young when the quit airing it on CN ><

Be sure to take pictures for us!

I do coseplay. This year I am going to Icon on LI (Where I live) and dressing as Deadore (SP??) form Naruto. I forgot how to spell the guys name *Gasp*
Deidara? My friend is cosplaying as him! XD Im going to draw the hands on her hands, Im going to being Either Itachi or Sasori. Depends how long my hair gets in 3 1/2 months

My sis is going to be Itachi! He is my favorite so I wanted to be him...We might do a skit. It depends. Tell meh where you will be at ICON when it comes around. If you go...it's in NY so IDK who is going or whatnot.

ICON? I live in Florida x.x Im going to Janicon! I need to make money to make the materials still, but I'm not traveling to New York unless I am going to Vermont to visit my friend. Thats the only way I can go over 2,000 miles

If your into the video game "Kingdom hearts", you can order an Organization XIII coat :) Try ebay, and its about $80 (USA) :)

If you dont like that, Maybe you could try Something from a TV show. such as Full Metal Alcemst. get a thin red coat, brown shoes, black top and pants, maybe dye your hair yellow if your not blond, get white gloves, some toast (Dont ask) and a suitcase and your Edward :)

Remember, it's all out or nothing.

How much time and effort you put into your costume shows.

Because this is a big no no.

I'e never tried doing Cosplay before so i wouldn't know. :]

I would cosplay as one of your fave char's from a TV show - onee that you know best, if you know they'r personality, you can act like them. ;]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back