creating custom stuff for tamagotchi id L

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Than i tried it again using the GIMP 2 program but it said not ennough memory

PLEASE HELP

First, create the image you want to use as the wallpaper. The image size must be 128 x 72 pixels. The image must be saved as a 4-bit indexed (16 color) bitmap (.BMP) file.

Launch iDmakeDL.

Click "Create new..." -> "Tamagotchi-iD L..." -> "Livingroom Wallpaper"

A black rectangle will appear in (roughly) the middle of iDmakeDL. Click the Load button that's just below it. In the file browser window, navigate to the folder containing your wallpaper bitmap image, and select it.

Back in iDmakeDL, click the Grab button to create a preview image of your wallpaper.

You can edit the catalog name, and some other details if you wish, or you can leave them at their default values.

Click the Save button up near the top right corner to save your wallpaper as a download file suitable for sending to your Tamagotchi-iD L.

Last edited by a moderator:
informative.... Humm... Anything weird about sending it via IR from the computer directly to the ID L? I have a IR thing I am planning to try using....

informative.... Humm... Anything weird about sending it via IR from the computer directly to the ID L? I have a IR thing I am planning to try using....
I've never been able to get it to work using my computer's built-in IR port. I've seen that others have purchased USB-IR adapters, and have had some success with them, but they complain it requires many attempts to get the Tamagotchi and computer to connect. Everyone agrees the easiest method of beaming download files is to use a compatible phone.

I have a diabetic meter IR transfer tool. (Connects to USB or a computer port) that helps store the blood sugar and such... I planned on trying that for grins. Otherwise I'm not sure what (If anything) I am going to use.....

How do I save the image without losing the color?
Save it as 24-bit bitmap. If you then lose some colors when you convert it to 16-color bitmap in GIMP, you've used too many colors. The best practice is to keep track of how many colors you're using when you create it in the first place, and don't use over 16 colors.

I gave up to do, someone has a download of room for Christmas? I have one that does notta working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back