Crush

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ribbo

Reaction score
Do you say I have a crush on someone, or I fancy someone.

I told my frind that I was talking about a crush, and she said, 'Omg you say crush thats so weird, you're meant to say Fancy.'

So I looked at her and in the end we had an argument, but laughed about it.

What do you say?

Crush, it sounds funky if you say fancy where I live.. You'd be considered a little weird, actually, if you said that at my school.

In my opinion it doesn't matter. They both mean the same thing. Differenmt words same thing. At my school we say fancy. But only if the other person likes us. We say crush if we don't know whether the other person likes us.

Er, well my friends always say 'You fancy so-and-so' to everyone so yeah I guess. xD

Which reminds me of that really odd conversation I had the other day...o.0

Same here, Im like, the only person in my school who says crush. xD -sigh-

I live in Spain, but whenever my parents talk about that kind of thing they always say "fancy" as in "He fancies you"; "Are you sure you don't fancy him?" etc... Never heard them use 'crush', although I once asked them, and they do know the word exists.

I myself had never seen the word "crush" used in that sense before joining this forum.

At our school it is basically: "A que a ti te GUSTA ..." (You 'like' ... don't you not?) or "¿Seguro que no QUIERES a...? (Are you sure you don't 'love'... ?).

I use the term fancy, although I slightly prefer crush. If I said crush at my school, people would look at me weird. :huh:

~Xx-Tama-Girl-Beth-xX

Eh, it's just a way of showing somebody that you like them, so it does'nt matter to me. :huh:

I say what I feel whether it's saying crush, like, or "OH MY CHEESE THAT GUY IS HOT!" :lol:

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say fancy at my school. O_O Everyone says 'crush.'

Lol fancy sounds funny! I don't think anyone would dare use it at my school! Hehe....Maybe I will xD

Well at my school "fancy" sounds like,Brittish so I might say it! XD I've always wanted to be Brittish. But yeah,everyone says crush at my school. Whenever someone says it it's always "*my name* has a crush on *crush's name*!!!!!!" Which is true but I mean,no one likes it! Back on topic: Everyone says "crush" where I live.

I say both...both mean the same thing.

Don't let people make fun of you for saying ''fancy''. Many English people say fancy, and it's not rare.

Well at my school "fancy" sounds like,Brittish so I might say it! XD I've always wanted to be Brittish. But yeah,everyone says crush at my school. Whenever someone says it it's always "*my name* has a crush on *crush's name*!!!!!!" Which is true but I mean,no one likes it! Back on topic: Everyone says "crush" where I live.
It is true. Im british, everbody says either you like so and so or you fancy so and so. x3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back