Crystal Crisis

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Lost Sean

Reaction score
Crystal Crisis

Chapter 2, “A Stranger”

**For Chapter 1, “Shadow” **

Go Here

“Yeah, I just got off the phone with them right before I called you and they were completely unhelpful. They just said that the version four was created with safety measures in the software to prevent freezing.” Alex had his left index finger through the hole in the key chain attached to his shiny black Tamagotchi and was slightly swinging the device from side to side. The buttons, as well as the little ball at the end of the antenna, were a cherry colored red. He had a cell phone tucked between his cheek and shoulder and wore an expression of annoyance on his face.

“You mean they didn’t know what was wrong then?” Said a voice from the phone.

“Nope… Bandai Tech Support… how pathetic. The only helpful thing that the guy suggested was to just reset it or take the batteries out… but…”

“Well, then it’s so simple… why are you stressing?”

“Well because… it took me literally forever to get this gozarutchi; 11 generations down the tubes if I reset. AND well… It still has John on the friendslist.”

For a second Alex and the voice on the other side of the phone fell silent and Alex’s face went from annoyed to depressed. His vision fell over the Tamagotchi swinging from his finger and he watched it sadly.

Finally the voice on the phone said quietly, “You know… it’s been about four months now… I think you should start to accept--”

“How could you say that,” Alex retorted. “Just because you may have moved on, doesn’t mean I have!” He started to fume, “After all that the three of us have been through together… Sarah, how could you?!”

“I’m BEING realistic Alex… it’s not that I don’t STILL miss him? But it doesn’t make any sense for you to dwell on the past! Constantly moping around like how you do is unhealthy and I refuse to. Do you think he would want us acting like that?”

Alex started breathing faster and his eyes were getting watery. “I don’t know how he would want us to act, but he sure wouldn’t want to just be passed to the side like he didn’t matter!” He grabbed his phone and slammed it shut. The light on the front of it lit up and flashed with the words, “Call Ended 00.06.45.”

Alex laid back onto his bed, which he was currently sitting on, and rested his head on a pile of blankets. He looked down at his Tamagotchi’s screen it still had the word “AWAY” inscribed in pixels. He had sent it to work a day ago and for some reason it had not come back, it appeared to be frozen. He felt a little silly, but ever since it had been away he had felt alone. His best friend ,since they were practically born, had disappeared just after school about four months ago and now his Tama was gone. He knew that Sarah was there still, but lately since he felt distant and cold toward her for turning her back on John and trying to forget about him. It didn’t help that his parents where workaholics and that John’s family, which was to him like a extended family, were so traumatized that they moved out of the town to about three hours away in the countryside. He sighed ruefully and set the tama on his chest as he closed his eyes and let his mind wander off.

Alex woke up suddenly, started by a very high-pitched beeping. He realized the noise was coming from his chest where he laid his tama. It was then that he realized he was in pitch-black darkness. That meant one of his parents was home and saw him sleeping. They were always on tirades about saving electricity and annoyingly turned off every light if they were not immediately using it. He groped around the headboard of his bed in dark blindness and finally was able to find the light switch to his little lamp. He switched it on and raised the Tamagotchi to eye level. “Batteries probably dying…” he said to himself. When he saw what was on the screen though he opened his eyes wider with curiosity and bewilderment while quickly sitting up. The screen simply said “Accept Connection?” and the options to say “Yes” or “No”.

Alex had never remembered seeing anything about this. It wasn’t in the instructions and it surely had never happened to him before. Alex looked at it for another few minutes, perplexed. “Hmm… it’s probably a secret… or really rare event.” He hovered his thumb over the B button to say “Yes”. “Why not? What’s it going to hurt? AND I’ll be able to post about it online… I have been checking online like everyday and I’m sure no one has encountered this. I may just be the first.” With that he pushed the B button and the screen went blank.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Still nothing.

Alex wrinkled his brow… “Umm, oookay…” Suddenly though he was taken by surprise, his body felt as though it was being lifted. He looked down at his bed; he was slowly rising from it higher and higher into the air. As he stared at himself being lifted by some invisible force away from his bed and toward his ceiling he noticed something strange. A small wooden sign was lying on his bed where he had been. It said in simple lettering, “AWAY”.

Alex was climbing higher yet and at the moment he thought he would smack his head on the ceiling he instead seemed to go right through it. His body passed through the ceiling like he was a ghost and he saw the cluttered attic, but only for a short time because he then started to speed up and pass through the rafters and then the roof. He realized he was going much faster now and closed his eyes, frightened. He didn’t know what to do. He tried moving his legs in hopes it would slow him down, but still he was climbing higher and faster. He shot open his eyes and his jaw dropped immediately. Below him he saw the entire city shrouded in nighttime. It must have been late because most of the lights in the homes had been turned off. As he climbed higher he looked up, the moon seemed to be getting closer and closer.

It started to become increasingly cold; almost unbearably cold. Alex shivered and his nose and eyes started to sting it had gotten so cold. He then realized that it was getting hard to breath, in fact almost a struggle. He tried to take deep breaths, but stopped when the freezing harsh air burned his insides and caused him to gag. He began to think he was going to die and tried with all of his might to struggle, but it wasn’t helping… his vision grew blurry then dark and a short moment later darkness settled in and he blacked out.

:p To Be Continued in Chapter 3, "The Prophegotchi". :)

Feel free to comment if you enjoyed this chapter or the story so far in general.

Latest posts

Back