Cyber Pets (168-in-1) Review/First Impressions

Help Support TamaTalk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidRetro64

Reaction score
Yeah, I know about the attention-icon on the Tamagotchi line - it looks more like two connected faces to me, though. These 168-in-1 pets use it, too, and it also isn't selectable. Here's an example of that;
Pl1qO8J.jpg
It's even in the same place as it is on any Tamagotchi. The Yin-Yang icon that koolaidman and myself are referring to is this one;
ZkZAyST.jpg
It appears as one of the options in what would be the Connect menu on a Tamagotchi Connexion. As you can see, they've also directly copied the icon for that, too! It usually does nothing, but koolaidman found that it can transform your chosen pet into something ridiculous. :lol: Anyway, I honestly wouldn't trust one of these to stand up very stably, even if it was a unit that doesn't reset itself when you put it down - the feet on it just aren't quite big enough for that. However, there are other casings that would stand up;
0RUv6re.jpg
This house version can be found on eBay under the name of "Popular Virtual Cyber Digital Electronic Pet Random Toy Handheld Game Villa Toy".
e5dLYd0.jpg
And this square version is listed on eBay under the title of "Virtual Digital Pet LCD Electronic Game Machine With Keychain Square Shape Cute".There are bound to be a lot of sellers using slight variations on these titles for their listings. They're also sold in a number of other casings, including, but not limited to, a bear, a small flip-lid circle, and even a ball-point pen - but none of those stand up. I mentioned your suggestion about the battery-door in my virtual pet log yesterday, funnily enough. I reckon that you might be right on the money with that. If you pick one up, please let me know how it goes, and what you make of it. I'd be interested to hear your take on it, as well as the outcome of the battery-door experiment! Even though these 168-in-1 virtual pets rightly get a lot of ire when they're sold as counterfeit Tamagotchi Connection units, I do genuinely think that the generic versions can be a fun and bizarre little novelty for those who are already virtual pet enthusiasts - it's kind of like seeing an odd outside view of what virtual pets are, and what they do. I'm enjoying the stupidity of running this one alongside a couple of other fully-fledged virtual pets, purely because some of what it does is so weird and random. :lol: EDIT: I'm so sorry, I almost forgot! Thankyou for the kind words about my review, too! I really appreciate it. :D
That house one, never seen it before!

Penguin-keeper

TamaTalk Guides
Staff member
Reaction score
That house one, never seen it before!
I'm surprised that the companies who've imported these into the UK as legitimate generic virtual pets didn't pick up the house-shaped casing, to be honest, as it's quite novel.

D351

Reaction score
Heads up. A friend of mine just gave me one of these, and I figured out that any combination of numbers that adds up to 12 (ex. 4-4-4, 4-0-8, etc.) works in the 3-digit pin thing to give you 5 of the second currency.

Penguin-keeper

TamaTalk Guides
Staff member
Reaction score
Heads up. A friend of mine just gave me one of these, and I figured out that any combination of numbers that adds up to 12 (ex. 4-4-4, 4-0-8, etc.) works in the 3-digit pin thing to give you 5 of the second currency.
A brilliant find! Thanks very much! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.