Death

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonSlayer5050

Reaction score
Have you ever experienced a death of someone in your family/someone close to you?

No one too close to me in my family has died [aside from pets TT_TT] But, one of my friends has died before.

My 21 year old friend named Samantha was in a car crash and her and her fiance died. It was so sad.

I'm just wondering if you've ever gone through a death of someone close to you.

NOTE: This is a serious topic so I'd appreciate it if we could avoid anything like SPAM or arguments. Thanks.

I am so sorry ; ( that's really sad. well my pet died and this is what helped me feel better

1. i cried for like a week

2. even though its hard to move on i got a new cat after like months

3. at first i didnt like him cause i missed my old cat too much but later i did

4. now its been four years and even now i get sad sometimes, but i feel a lot better

go ahead and go to your friends funeral(if you haven't already) because even though it seems hard now, in the long run, the sadness will clear. in the meantime, keep your mind off your friend. i know it's hard, but you'll feel so much better. i'm sorry.

I've never had close family die, although we've had a lot of close calls, but I've had a few friends die -.-

Every year I was in school, someone from either my class or the class above me died. Every yearbook we had had at least one memorial in it.

A few were car accidents, one cancer and one cystic fibrosis(sp).

The only family I've had die that I know of was my great grandma, but she lived in Scotland and I never met her. I think I was 8 or so when that happened.

Also, I've had a lot of pets die. It never really gets easy, but as the saying goes, 'Time heals all wounds'.

Last edited by a moderator:
The people who have died in my family I have never met, I just heard of them or found out they died. I may feel some sadness, but not much cause I didn't know the person.

When I person from my family I do know dies, I will be sad for weeks. ):

My great grandma died a few years ago.

I just went numb. I didn't feel anything and refused to think about it. Probably a bad way of handling pain. But it works.

My best friend Keely died of cancer in Junior Kindergarten on Mother's Day.

I was just little so I didn't really feel much pain, but I missed her, a lot. She was the first funeral I went to. RIP~

No one close to me has ever died. I've never even been to a funeral.

I wouldn't know how to react.

My grandparents from daddy's side died before he even met my mum. And from my mums side they are quite young for grandparents.

I hope I have a while before I need to think about it.

- Sometime in January, my friend's (well, not really my friend, but yeah) dad passed away. It was really sad.

- When I was in grade 4, a kid at my school died from a brain tumor.

- My dog almost died last year.

I don't remember my Grandpa's death that much, But I can explain my Dad's death like it was yesterday.

-

My Grandpa died in 2003, I was sort of close with him, but not really. When My Dad got the phone call that Grandpa died, after he was done on the phone, He told me "Grandpa Died" I was like "Oh. Okay" I knew he was sick, So I guess I was kind of expecting it. I was 10 years old at the time [He died December 12th 2003]

My Dad died on May 16th 2004. That was the hardest thing I've ever went through. The Day started out fine, The Pony/Horse that he bought me just arrived at the farm we were staying at [Grandparents. His Parents. Grandpa Died, and As For Grandma. I don't associate with her. thats another story]. We put the Pony/Horse [i wasn't sure if it was a pony or a horse. Sort of a size between both I guess] in the barn, We drove to the town to My Auntie's House for Supper, Most of our relatives were down from BC for a visit. Anyways, Supper was still cooking when We got there, It finished, and The Adults [My Dad, Grandma, Uncle, Aunt, Other Aunt, Other Uncle, and Cousin] all sat at the table, My Other Uncle [i have lots of family members] sat with us kids in the living room [Me, My younger cousin, my other younger cousin ]. About 10 minutes passed into supper, we were eating fine. Thats when My Dad had the heart attack. All I remember seeing was my Dad falling off the chair he was sitting on. My Grandma started screaming, and My aunt tried to give him cpr. I knew he was having a heart attack, because he explained them to me after he first got home from the hospital from his Heart surgery back in March of 2004. Anyways, Whenever he sat on a chair, he always sat on an angle, instead of facing the table. So He looked at me before he fell. About half an hour later, The Ambulance arrived [Even though it was stupid, The hospital was on the other side of town, a Small town, Yet they had to take half a friggen hour?] Usually, if an ambulance takes a body, they cover it up. My Aunt, or Uncle, Someone, must have told them that I didn't know...So He was left uncovered. Everyone went to the hospital, But they left me behind with one of my uncles, since I didn't know what was going on. About an hour later, My aunt came home from the hospital, and said "Michelle, Honey, Your Dad is with Grandpa now" I sort of blanked out. She then told me that he was Dead. I think I cried/bawled for a few hours straight.

I've always thought he Died in the ambulance, or the Hospital. I never found out until a few years ago, that he had a Massive heart attack. He died before he hit the ground when He fell.

Pretty Crappy thing for a 10 year old to go through [i was 10 at the time it happened]

The Funeral was a double funeral. [As in, My Grandpa and My Dad shared a Funeral. They never had a funeral back when Grandpa died]

I didn't even cry, My eyes were sort of wet with tears, But otherwise, Nothing.

--

As for other relatives, Whom I didn't know that well, when I've heard that they've died, I won't really say anything.

I've had my aunty and my grandpa die recently. My aunty passed away last year, and my grandpa early this year. They were both on my dad's side of the family, so I don't really know them well, but it was still absolutely terrible.

I've also had my pets die. The worst case was Mathias, my black and white kitty whom I miss so so so much. When I was like, 3, he went up onto a bird bath which wasn't attatched properly, and the bird bath fell onto his spine and cracked it. It was terrible. I also had some fish and my herbit crab die, but I wasn't as sad then.

My dad died on the 18th of September, 2001.

It was pretty scary. I was 6 and Kyle was 11. We got called by my dad's best friend, and he told us my dad had committed suicide. I still don't know how. My Mum had to go and identify him. She was crying, and she turned a whole different colour. She was a total mess for weeks and weeks. So badly that we had to go live with Aunty Siobahn.

We had the funeral a few days after he died. Looking back, it was so beautiful. Kyle's speech was so... Mature. For his age. He dealt with it so well, better than any of us. Mum cried the whole way through.

About two months later, we spread his ashes out at Nanango. It was just me, Mum and Kyle then. It was nice. We stayed with Aunty Lorraine then.

I didn't quite get what had happened, until it was explained to me. Very... Awfully :\ "He killed himself."

As I got older, I started to blame it on myself, and how I wasn't a good enough daughter. How he didn't love me.

I had to go to counselling, and they told me that something like that isn't ever my fault. Over and over.

I really, really miss Dad. But I guess there's not much you can do, is there?

I can always remember him always calling me his little angel, his princess. He loved me. He always promised me he'd take me, Mummy and Ky away, somewhere special. All over the world, and we'd take a special trip to his favourite place, just us..

RIP Daddy.. <3

No, not close family. There are some really far away family people that died like, a week after I met them.

Hearing about their death was awkward. :/

No close people though, luckily. Gosh, everyones posts are making my eyes water, hehe.

My great grandfather died last year.

My grandfather is dying.

My other great grandfather died when I was little.

My grandmother died long before I was born.

Well, in my whole life my great grandfather, great grandmother, grandma, and grandpa have died. Let me elaborate a bit:

Great grandfather - Poppy; I honestly do not remember his death. So I can't say much about him.

Great grandmother - Meme; She had Alzhiemers (Spell fail?) so she didn't remember much. She was 93 years old. I didn't know her much, and she passed away maybe 6-8 months ago. The funeral was sad. I felt bad that I didn't know her more. And I regret it. ;_;

Grandma - Alma; I was really young when she died too so I don't remember her much.

Grandpa (Other side of the family) - Papaw; We saw him alot and I loved him so much. He was really tall and would love to cuddle with his grandkids. He always made me smile. Though I cannot remember his death.

And in my life I've had... 3 pets go away:

Kimba; He actually had a heartattack right before my eyes in the backyard when I was maybe... 5? I just thought he went to sleep. And it didn't really register that he was dead. I miss him. <3

Taz; My brother's lizard. He was fun and cute~ Though he wasn't mine, I still loved him.

Tessie; A beautiful golden retriever who tore my heart when she died. That's all I'm going to say before I break down in tears. ;_; She died 2 years ago and I remember it vividly.

Lost Girl; You made me cry. I'm so sorry. -Hugs-

From reading the post regarding the father with the massive heart attack, it sounds like not only was your father an awesome guy, he also did not suffer since it sounds darn well close to an instantaneous occurance of him passing away before he hit the floor. It's not much of a consolation I know, but no suffering is definitely better than suffering before death I would think. I'm very sorry to hear about your father.

I lost my dad back in November 10th, 1996. I was 10 years old at the time (going to be turning 11 March of 1997). I recall I was sitting in the family room at the time in my old house watching this thing on TV about Rodney Dangerfield and laughing at the comedy. I heard mom come back in and something like a vibe in the house changed as soon as she came back home from something. I knew something was up. She walked down to where I was, sat beside me and told me Dad was gone. We had the funeral 3-4 days later. It was hard because I think it was then I realized I wasn't going to see my dad again...not in this life anyway.

Apparently too I was the first kid at my elementary school to have lost a parent, so they had counsellors and others at the school with my class to explain what's gone on.

Anyway I found out years later (about around the time my second grandfather, my dad's dad was on his death bed, I was about 18ish at the time) what happened with my father originally. Mind you I didn't ask years before because I honestly didn't want to know but I wanted to know then. My dad had Crohn's disease for several years...and had complications in the hospital because he wasn't taking that well care of himself and hadn't for a long while (developments since then regarding crohn's has gotten a lot better of course, and people can live longer and be happier as long as they get found out early and heed doctor's orders). I can't really explain what the complication was since it's hard to describe, but the medical issue that occured caused an instantaneous death with him as well. No suffering at the time luckily, but yeah. My dad was 52 at the time.

My most recent passing in my family was my uncle Roy (my mother's eldest brother) back in November of 2008, due to complications after a surgery to remove early on colon cancer out of his body. I'm still determined the hospital where he was at the time did not do the best for him and it's still unknown whether my mother, my aunt and remaining uncle will continue to look into it further to see if there was error to his passing or not. I am hoping they will so we have some answers. Uncle Roy did freelance writing as well as wrote his own online book about how to market yourself. He and my dad were very intelligent people who did their research into things before concluding anything so I'm hoping we can conclude what happened to my uncle eventually.

A passing of a family pet would be numerous animals since I was born, but the one I will always remember most is Maxwell. I got Max when I was six years old. He was my first best friend. He might of been a cat but he was my best friend. He dissapeared in 2003 in November and we never did find him. I still miss him to this day. Every April (when his birthday was) I'm think about him a lot when I'm by myself. Sometimes on walks in the evening by myself I have called out his name to see if I'd get any response...silly I know but it is how it is.

Anyway yeah those are some of my stories.

My Auntie almost died a few years ago, of breast cancer. But she's now in remission. She was told she was in remission in my Nan's (Her mum's) birthday.

I'm really scared for my cousin Zoe though. She's...21 I think (I don't keep track of ages) and she's got Crones (Sp?) and she keeps getting really ill. I saw her a couple weeks ago and she was fine, but now she's back in hospital :'(

Not anyone close to me die yet though

^It means there's no more cancer cells. But it doesn't mean you're free, it could come back. After 5 years you get the all clear, which means there's not a high risk any more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back