DEBUGGING A V3!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolphin Girl

Reaction score
Here is my simple guide to opening up and debugging your V3:

1. Get out a screwdriver, find a clean surface, find a clear plastic bowl/jar/cup and bring in your UNACTIVATED or PAUSED Tama.

2. Take out the Tama battery and put it in your container. Then unscrew the back of your Tama and put the screws in your container.

3. Unscrew the circuit board, put the screws in your container and carefully flip over the circuit board. You should find the word "DEBUG" near a black dollop of gluey stuff. Rub it with a pencil to debug!

I can't guarantee this is gonna work, because I did it with my broken V3 and guess what? It actually almost fixed it! I'm getting a new V3 soon and I'll update this topic with the full debugging guide. I'm getting closer and closer to Music Star debugging, so I'll post that along with the rest of the V3 Guide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, the debug panel is on the screen side of your V3? Is it an North America V3 or a European one? I'm American and my V3 has the debug panels on the back of the board by the battery.

Wait, the debug panel is on the screen side of your V3? Is it an North America V3 or a European one? I'm American and my V3 has the debug panels on the back of the board by the battery.
My V3...I got it when I was 5 and now I'm 10, but I live in Europe...to get to my debug button, you just flip over the circuit board you'll find after unscrewing the second thing you'll unscrew when debugging (the point when you can see the battery). You have to unscrew the circuit board to get to the debug button on my V3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back