DENTIST!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r u afraid of the dentist?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• i've never gone

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bub_Brittany

Reaction score
IM terrified of going to the dentists and im going today! hepl! do u have any suggestions for whsat i can do? :lol: ^_^ :mametchi: :nazotchi: :mimitchi: :unsure: :wacko: :ph34r: :lol: :) :angry: :angry: :angry:

IM terrified of going to the dentists and im going today! hepl! do u have any suggestions for whsat i can do? :lol: ^_^ :mametchi: :nazotchi: :mimitchi: :unsure: :wacko: :ph34r: :lol: :) :angry: :angry: :angry:
I've only been to the dentist once when I was 7 or 8. It wasn't scary at all. The dentist was making me laugh the whole time lol. I'm 21 now, so I'm probably due for a checkup.

Well the only thing I can possibly think of to help you is think of it this way: The dentist is a normal human being, and is concerned for your health. Keeping teeth clean is important oral health, as well it also effects other parts of your body. I heard not taking care of your mouth can lead to other problems down the road like gum disease and even heart disease (since everything in yout body is connected). So the dentist is doing you a favour by checking things out in your mouth. If he cleans them then it's even better :) It's to help, not harm.

Hopefully that helps.

Well, the dentist can be scary to some people, and I understand. What are you going to the dentist for? If you're going for a checkup, never fear! All you could possibly suffer is:

1. The taste of rubber gloves and metal in your mouth. (not that bad, people!)

2. Opening your mouth for a long time. (Also not that bad. :lol: )

3. Laying in a chair for an extensive period of time. (Oh no! ^_^ )

4. Having someone brush your teeth for you with your choice of toothpaste. (Uh... scream?)

5. And worst of all... A free toothbrush! *gasps and faints*

Make sure you know that the dentist will and should make you as comfortable as you can be and will meet your needs when you ask. If you're going to have some teeth pulled, then it's really not that bad. Ask if the dentist can numb the numbing shot so it doesn't hurt that bad. You honestly won't feel a thing! Then your tooth's out and you just have to bite down on some gauze. It's not that bad, trust me. Have your parent sit by you and distract you, but make sure they don't make you laugh, or you could end up biting the dentist, and they just may get mad at you and scream!

I'm not scared of the dentist. If you think about he helps you more than anything - he made my teeth straight :D . And whats the worst thing he can do? Fretting about it just makes it seem worse than it is :D .

Not scared. I was when I needed a tooth out though. :wacko:

the worst thing was the gargling with salt water after the tooth removal. :D bleugh.

I'm not scared of the denitst.

Check ups aren't that bad.

Now, the doctor is a totaly different story.

I HATE the doctor- not scared, but hate!!!

Good thing your not going to the doctor.

Not scared. I was when I needed a tooth out though. :unsure:
the worst thing was the gargling with salt water after the tooth removal. <_< bleugh.
yea lol im sacred of them too and i ahve to go alot because i ahve a skin problem! :D :wacko:

I"m not afraid of going, I just don't like doing it. I was supposed to go in for a cleaning a few weeks ago, but it was snowing so I skipped xP

There are only two things I hate about the dentist.

Getting the numbing shot in the back, bottom of my mouth, and the scraping they do during a cleaning.

The shot on the bottom in my eyes hurts more than the top, and the scraping is just annoying.

The dental hygeinest(eh?) at my office is rude. She stabs you with the metal spikes, then yells at you when your gums are bleeding from it. Oy.

Well, the dentist can be scary to some people, and I understand. What are you going to the dentist for? If you're going for a checkup, never fear! All you could possibly suffer is:
1. The taste of rubber gloves and metal in your mouth. (not that bad, people!)

2. Opening your mouth for a long time. (Also not that bad. :unsure: )

3. Laying in a chair for an extensive period of time. (Oh no! :angry: )

4. Having someone brush your teeth for you with your choice of toothpaste. (Uh... scream?)

5. And worst of all... A free toothbrush! *gasps and faints*

Make sure you know that the dentist will and should make you as comfortable as you can be and will meet your needs when you ask. If you're going to have some teeth pulled, then it's really not that bad. Ask if the dentist can numb the numbing shot so it doesn't hurt that bad. You honestly won't feel a thing! Then your tooth's out and you just have to bite down on some gauze. It's not that bad, trust me. Have your parent sit by you and distract you, but make sure they don't make you laugh, or you could end up biting the dentist, and they just may get mad at you and scream!
Not really a free tooth brush counting the fact you have to pay for the dentist appointment itself....

Nothing scary happens, so why are you afraid?

I'm not scared. The worst thing I ever experienced there was the assistant lying to me. She said she wouldn't floss by my loose tooth because it would come out. But she did and then she whipped it with the floss and it came out and I started bleeding a lot. She said, "Omigosh! It just came out and I didn't do anything!" That liar.

But I really don't like it there. I HATE opening my mouth for a long time. I never had a cavity, but last time I went there, I had to get 4 seals.

///Matchy :unsure:

I'm not scared. The worst thing I ever experienced there was the assistant lying to me. She said she wouldn't floss by my loose tooth because it would come out. But she did and then she whipped it with the floss and it came out and I started bleeding a lot. She said, "Omigosh! It just came out and I didn't do anything!" That liar.But I really don't like it there. I HATE opening my mouth for a long time. I never had a cavity, but last time I went there, I had to get 4 seals.

///Matchy :unsure:
Yeah last time I was there, I had to get a filling in the crack I had in my tooth.

They said it was on the side so they wouldn't have to numb me because it wouldn't hurt. And it did. Very badly!!!

And is it just me or is it everytime you walk out of that place your mouth is dried out and taste like a rubber glove???

is it just me or is it everytime you walk out of that place your mouth is dried out and taste like a rubber glove???
I get that too. eugh. latex doesn't taste good.

Try being allergic to it and forgetting to tell the doctor xP Having an itchy mouth while getting a cavity filled sucks, lol.
Owch. >.o"

Hmm.. I love going to the dentist although I need to go get Braces. Nothing to worry about :wub: , Think about the good things like CLEAN TEETH, Healthy gums, and water running through your teeth. Those Instruments look dangerous but their soft as a pillow ;) (Except those annoy plaque scrappers). Personally it annoys me...

Don't be afraid :D .

locky458

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back