Deodorant

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamagirle96

Reaction score
Ok I'm having trouble asking my mom for deodorant. It all started 2 years ago , that was the first time i asked her for deodorant and she said no so i started taking hers and then she caught me so I told her that i found it on the floor or something. And now I'm scared to ask her because she might say no again and if she catches me with her deodorant she'll get suspicious. I'm 12 now and also how could i convice her to let me use deodorant if she says no again ?

please post soon

Do you need to use deoderant yet? Or is it something that you would like to use because it's a normal part of growing up?

If you take a shower each morning and by recess or lunch you're smelling then when you get home explain the problem to your Mom.

If you do a lot of phys. ed. at school and you find it makes you sweat / smell, then you need to explain it to her.

Sometimes it's all in the way of asking.

No demands. Just a polite request because you are becoming embarressed about your body odour at school (for example).

Alternatively, if you need proof you could wait until your armpits smell of body odur and then go up to her and say: "Mom, please.. may I start using deoderant? I can smell myself and it's not pleasant." If she can smell you too, it might help persuade her? :D

If you've had body odour for 2 years and your mom still won't buy you any deoderant, then maybe you need to take matters into your own hands and use some of your allowance to buy yourself some ;)

Do you need to use deoderant yet?  Or is it something that you would like to use because it's a normal part of growing up?
Yes, tamagirle96, you should think about that. If you really think you smell, go ahead and talk. Tell her in a mature way that you think you need to buy some deodorant.

I don't really have much experience with this because when I started middle school, the Phys. Ed teachers made us use deodorant (although I often forget xD).

Try saying,,

"Mom, I think I should use deodorant. I don't want other people to think I smell or anything like that, so I think I should get some.

..is that okay?"

or something like that. Just don't throw at fit if she says no. That won't help at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um...

Okay...

No offense to your mother...But isn't it kind of WEIRD saying no for deodorant? I mean, it's a personal hygine thing she uses too...And everyone.

Think. Why do you need to use this? Do you smell during class? Or what?

If this is bothering you too much, go to the school nurse and ask for a small,trial size deodeorant to fit in your purse or backpack.

TamaMum has given some very good advice here. Do you really need the deodorant? And if she still says no (which, no offence but I honestly think that's kind of strange) then you wait until you smell horrible. That'll convince her.

Eh, my mum's different. She just bought me some :wacko:

Tell her that you'll need it soon (If you don't already) and that you'll need to get used to wearing it. =]

just say

"Mom, I really need deoderant. Please mom? Im 12."

That's all you say. I've never had this problem. I mom got me deoderant a while ago

Just ask for it. I've used it since I was 10. I just asked my mum and she took me to get some. Some people are 'smellier' than other and need deoderant. I'm one of those smellier people. Hehehehe. Everyone uses it by my age so yep...

Just ask nicely if you need it. If you don't get smelly then wait until you need it

I know.. if you want deoderant:

1. You could say you stink and you think you need it (even if you don't)(it's probably better to get into the habit before you need it)

2. You could say you feel like a little girl because all your friends have it (thats what happend to me.. and my armpits kinda stunk)

3. You could just ask nicely

See if they work

Do you need it, or you just want some since you're growing up?

I've been using it since I was 10, darn gym was SO tiring.

If it's something you REALLY need to have, ask her nicely and say that your armpits stink or something.

Hmm...

If you stink like the day you take a shower, tell your mom!~

I fyou really need it, explain it to her. Tell her how you think you need it, because your starting to smeel. Something like that.

If she still says no, I really don't know how to help you.

If you really need it, make sure you ask quickly. There have been some really B.O smelling kids in my grade. You shouldn't be afraid to ask if you really need it.

You should ask. Our school is so smelly, because kids "don't believe" in deodorant. It's something that you have to have, if you want to not smell during school.

My dad just have me some deodorant and said to use it. I was 9 or 10 back then. He knew that since I was a boy, I'd probably start not have such a pleasant scent soon. I didn't really have to do anything. :p

My mum was all, "ZOMGZ. MUST BUY DEODERANT!!!!!" I was scared.

Persuade your mum to go into the local chemist/pharmacy/whatever

Go into your local chemist, with your mum and ask what age deodorant should be used at. Then ask the best brand.

Maybe a little embarrassing, but you'll probably never meet these people again. Ask your mum not to give names or whatever. That's what my sisters did. :/

I sort of have the same problem as you- My mom wound buy me squat.

Or help me at all.

I think your will be a bit more understanding, though. Your twelve- puberty age- you should use the logic and facts that come with this time in your life to give her a reasonable explination on why you should have deodorant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the best way to convince your mom to let you wear deodorant is by coming to her directly, rather than sneaking around and wearing hers when nobody is looking. You should ask her exactly why she said no to you, and explain why you want to wear it. Hope this helps, and good luck! ;)

you know what. after exercising just smell your armpits LOL check whether it smells then you can really tell whether you need it! hahaha, just tell your mum 'i smell bad, can you buy me some deoderant?' :)

works everytime x]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back