Devolution and Odd Growth Patterns:

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nazochi

Reaction score
I'm finally commenting! :furawatchi:

In a world where strawberries may turn into cats, apples can turn into ducks and dogs, starfish may turn into onions, and your infant will lose his legs as a kuribotchi, gain them again when he's a nikatchi, and lose them as a nyorotchi, what's a confused pet-owner to do?

I remember the good old days. The blobs would grow, get legs, and lastly get ears and a different mouth. You'd be condemned to a few characters per teen, and you couldn't get the worst adult from the best teen. What's happened now? Just when you think your young mametchi will be something special, he turns into masktchi! Just when you thought oniontchi meant tarakotchi level or below, you find yourself with a kutchipatchi or pyonchitchi at your side! What's wrong with this picture?

Personally, I dislike this system. I used to imagine tamagotchi like a tadpole turning into a frog, but now I think of it as a giant mix of different growths with no general goal. I'm not asking for less/different characters--I adore the ones we have now--I just want a more senseful path for them to follow.

Discussion:

Do you think devolution (ringotchi turning into kusatchi/nyorotchi) is a good idea?

What's your growth pattern predjiduce?

If you could change the growth pattern (like hinotamatchis can't become mametchis, and young mimitchis can't become gozarutchis), would you? Why?

Yeah, I'd change it around to make it a little more...realistic :furawatchi:

Also you forgot to mention that old people a female Pyonchitchi (who should be a boy) and a Kusatchi (a flower thingy) can both turn into old human people that fall in love and have babies that turn into Oyajitchi. :furawatchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually on my very first tama (97 I think) once I got the thing with legs and neglected it horribly and wound up with Nyorotchi. Seriously. That took A LOT of neglectful effort on my part though...I was lucky it didn't die.

I think the new thing where any character is possible from any teen (excluding different generations) would be OK if it weren't for the whole young mametchi/young mimitchi thing. Why give teens names like that when there's a high probability they won't evolve properly?

Also on K-Plus there's YoungOyajitchi who can never exactly evolve into Oyajitchi.

I don't agree with this, really.

Just because your Tama evolved into a bad teen shouldn't mean you can't redeem yourself and take really good care of it.

You should not be condemned to a sickly adult just because you have a sickly teen.

I'm finally commenting! :marumimitchi:
In a world where strawberries may turn into cats, apples can turn into ducks and dogs, starfish may turn into onions, and your infant will lose his legs as a kuribotchi, gain them again when he's a nikatchi, and lose them as a nyorotchi, what's a confused pet-owner to do?

I remember the good old days.  The blobs would grow, get legs, and lastly get ears and a different mouth.  You'd be condemned to a few characters per teen, and you couldn't get the worst adult from the best teen.  What's happened now?  Just when you think your young mametchi will be something special, he turns into masktchi!  Just when you thought oniontchi meant tarakotchi level or below, you find yourself with a kutchipatchi or pyonchitchi at your side!  What's wrong with this picture?

Personally, I dislike this system.  I used to imagine tamagotchi like a tadpole turning into a frog, but now I think of it as a giant mix of different growths with no general goal.  I'm not asking for less/different characters--I adore the ones we have now--I just want a more senseful path for them to follow.

Discussion:

Do you think devolution (ringotchi turning into kusatchi/nyorotchi) is a good idea?

What's your growth pattern predjiduce?

If you could change the growth pattern (like hinotamatchis can't become mametchis, and young mimitchis can't become gozarutchis), would you?  Why?
I agree here.

I remember the P1/P2, you would start small, grow bigger, get arms, get legs, die. It was really more relistic than now. If you got a bad teen, you will most probily get a bad adult. More releistic again.

Although, i do remember that if you treated it really bad (and you have a good teen) you could get a bad adult... But that was after alot of bad care.

Good thinking nazotchi :kuribotchi: .

On the old ones, you started off with Bebitchi and he turned into Marutchi. Depending on how you cared for Marutchi would depend on what teel you get. Good care makes it into Tamatchi, a Marutchi with arms and legs. Bad care would get you Kutchitamatchi, a Marutchi with a beak. Kutchitamatchi could become Kutchipatchi, Nyorotchi, or Tarakotchi. Tamatchi could become Mametchi, Ginjirotchi, Maskutchi(1), Kutchipatchi (from bad care), Nyorotchi (from terrible care), or Tarakotchi (it barely made it). Maskutchi(1) was a special character, because he could become Oyajitchi or Gaijintchi/Ketotchi/Bill, depending on which country the Tama was from.

On the old ones, you started off with Bebitchi and he turned into Marutchi. Depending on how you cared for Marutchi would depend on what teel you get. Good care makes it into Tamatchi, a Marutchi with arms and legs. Bad care would get you Kutchitamatchi, a Marutchi with a beak. Kutchitamatchi could become Kutchipatchi, Nyorotchi, or Tarakotchi. Tamatchi could become Mametchi, Ginjirotchi, Maskutchi(1), Kutchipatchi (from bad care), Nyorotchi (from terrible care), or Tarakotchi (it barely made it). Maskutchi(1) was a special character, because he could become Oyajitchi or Gaijintchi/Ketotchi/Bill, depending on which country the Tama was from.
Simple design, nice idea. I still really enjoy playing with the P1/P2s.

Altohugh, we must remember that the Connexion/Plus/Connection/keitai/akai/etc.. are also more life like because they breed (so did the Mesu/Osu though).

Simple design, nice idea. I still really enjoy playing with the P1/P2s.Altohugh, we must remember that the Connexion/Plus/Connection/keitai/akai/etc.. are also more life like because they breed (so did the Mesu/Osu though).
Yeah, I actually have a pair of Mesu/Osu. But the V2's messed up some of the characters. Puroporotchi, Pyonchitchi, Kiwitchi, MaruMimitchi, Hiratchi, and Kabutchi are all MALE characters from Osu. UFOtchi and ChoHimetchi are both FEMALE on the Mesu. and they all have counter parts for the opposite gender, so why not on the new Tamas? I mean, they can have the gender=different character thing with the babies and Ojitchi and Otokitchi, but they can't do it for two teens and a few adults?

(Maybe there are two UFOtchis, because the V2's has a blach stripe and the Mesu UFOtchi doesn't.)

Yeah, I actually have a pair of Mesu/Osu. But the V2's messed up some of the characters. Puroporotchi, Pyonchitchi, Kiwitchi, MaruMimitchi, Hiratchi, and Kabutchi are all MALE characters from Osu. UFOtchi and ChoHimetchi are both FEMALE on the Mesu. and they all have counter parts for the opposite gender, so why not on the new Tamas? I mean, they can have the gender=different character thing with the babies and Ojitchi and Otokitchi, but they can't do it for two teens and a few adults?
(Maybe there are two UFOtchis, because the V2's has a blach stripe and the Mesu UFOtchi doesn't.)
I do not personally have a Mesu/Osu pair, but i have heaps of other tamas... anyways..

I agree. I guess BanDai could of put some more thought in to creating the v2/v1s. Although, i am happy with the v1/v2s. They are great!

(just if i was making them, i would make them a little more true to the other version, but this is not to say i do not like these :hitodetchi: )

as far as the mesu osu is concerned, i was really kind of annoyed when i saw the characters they brought over to the V2. i love the mesu/osu characters, they're my favorite tamagotchi characters by far, but some are just meant to be female and some male. it threw me for a loop to have a female kabutchi. *sigh*

and i LOVE the original tamas. they are so cute and simple, like everyone previously has said. blob, bigger blob, blob with legs or beak, adult. i liked it a lot. i found mine when i cleaned out my closet, and it was so fun to play with!! so cute and refreshing! :hitodetchi: ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back