Diabetes --- :(

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Eyed Babe

Reaction score
Diabetes --- :blink:

why? Why? WHY?

This boy named Cody in my neighborhood got Diabetes. He's in my grade and he lives really close to me. Why? I feel terrible. I really wish i could do something for him...got any ideas?

We are kinda friends. Sometimes the kids in my neighborhood play "night games". We usually jump on the trampoline, play tag, cops and robbers, flag, or we swim in his pool. Cody is always there. He's one of the nicest boys ever. I used to have a crush on him. So did my friend. But never mind that...

He all of a sudden would never talk to me or practically anyone. He looked so sad and was soooooo quiet. I really wish he'll be happy again.

Try talking to him again. Does he know that you know about him having Diabetes? If so then try making a card for him, that might make him a little happy.

My dad had diabetes, it isnt that bad, you just have to watch what you eat, and make sure yoursugar isnt to high, if you do you can be a normal person!

Try making him a card!

Try raising money by putting up a stand in yoru front yard to help other people with diabetes, then donate it to a hospital!

If I were Cody I woudl just want to be normal, try treating him liek you did before you knew he had Diabetes, just like any kid he would want to be normal, have firends and foret about that, just make sure he doesnt forget comepletely!

Hope I helped!

Diabetes doesn't kill you. You just have to stop chugging that soda and getting some low-fat ice-cream and things like that. And test your blood and etc.

I don't think he wants you to single him out. You don't need to act like it never happened, but don't try to treat him all "speeshul" just because he has a "disease."

You should also research diabetes if you want to help him better.

You know what. I bet he feels out-of-place, weird, not like he used to, unnatural. Just treat him like you used to and he should feel normal in no time. Also I bet he feels sad about it and kinda alone. So stick around with him and make him feel good. Make a card for him or give him like, a new basketball or something. Just treat him like he belongs. Everybody belongs in this world. No matter what.

Oh yeah, I can be deep.

Diabetes doesn't kill you. You just have to stop chugging that soda and getting some low-fat ice-cream and things like that. And test your blood and etc.
I don't think he wants you to single him out. You don't need to act like it never happened, but don't try to treat him all "speeshul" just because he has a "disease."

You should also research diabetes if you want to help him better.
Yeep, treat him like normal. It's a big change for him I'm sure, but he's the same person he was before. It sounds like either way you still want to be friends with him so just take the chances you get to put in a few words and just talk like normal.

Try talking to him again. Does he know that you know about him having Diabetes? If so then try making a card for him, that might make him a little happy.
I am pretty positive that he Doesn't know that i know about his disease. His next door neighbor, Courtney, she told me. She is good friends with him.

You people are awesome! Thanks for the help. But the thing is, he doesn't talk to me anymore, we rarely see each other now. I'd feel awkward making him a card because he doesn't know i know he has diabetes.

Well next time i see him I'll be treating him the same as i always do.

I hope he gets better...

thanks again!

]

BEB

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. :D He must feel pretty bad about having Diabetes.

Making a card for him was a great thing for you to do. I'm sure that he appreciates your help.

There's not much that you can do to help him, as that is not your job.

But there are special little favors and things that you can be aware of, like his sugar levels.

Let him know that everything is going to be OK, and offer him sugar-free food, if you ever run into that problem. His friendships are what he probably needs the most at this time. I wish you guys the best towards that. ;)

I agree with pyonchit and TWP.

Try talking to him and comforting him. Just remind him that diabetes isn't really that serious. He just has to watch his sugar levels and buy alternative non sugary snacks. Tell him that he can still live a normal life and be a normal kid. Having diabetes doesn't single him out from everybody else.

The thing is, were not exactly friends anymore, we never talk. He's probably not in my atrium next year.

Make an effort to go up to his door and ask if he wants to go play or do homework toghether. Bacome a awesome friend and maybe he'll tell you and then you can make him a card and such. Make him feel normal. If you ride his bus or are in his carpool offer a seat to him. Go the extra mile for him. Take time to say it will be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back