Diets?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Summer*

Reaction score
OK, I wanted to go on the Cayenne Pepper diet but It's way too dangerous for a 10 year old... I was told it could kill me.

Now, I want to go on the Atkins diet.

If any TamaTalkers have any information on diets please tell me.

You shouldnt go on a diet until your fully grown, Your body still needs all the good stuff out of the food you eat until you stop growing and your an adult.

If you feel that you are over weight talk to your parents and cut down on junkfood :eek:

Aimme

OK, I wanted to go on the Cayenne Pepper diet but It's way too dangerous for a 10 year old... I was told it could kill me.Now, I want to go on the Atkins diet.

If any TamaTalkers have any information on diets please tell me.
The Atkins diet won't even let you eat an apple about the size of your palm. So I suggest not going on it.

I'm just basically on a vegetarian diet. The good thing about it is that its given me a lot of energy for when I work out and lose weight.

My mom is on an 800-calorie diet!She not allowed to go out have cheese unless it's string!It sucks!

Well, I'm 13 and I have a diet. But this is not a diet to lose wait! (surprised?)

People think that diets are all about losing wiet, but you can have a diet that will just make you healthyer. i eat just the right amount of things and ristrict myself to junkfood. I only eat about 3 or 4 snack cakes or anything like that a day. I try to keep low on sodium and just a few days ago, when I went to the doctor to get checked for camp, my doctor said that I was just the right wieght for my hieght and my BMI was normal as normal could be.

I don't know any sights that can tell you exactly what you should eat each day, but if you stick to that, then you should be good and healthy on your path to adulthood.

You should eat about 5 servings of fruit and veggies every day. (a serving isn't that big. in fact many children make the mistake of thinking that a bowl full of cereal is a serving, when in fact a serving is only about 3/4 of a cup)

You should eat about 2 servings of meat and 2, 8 oz. glasses of milk. (or other dairy product)

You should eat a lot of things that will give you fiber and grain. You should eat about 10-11 servings of bread and grains a day. ( for ex. a sandwich is 2 servings because it has 2 slices. A bowl full of cereal also has about 2 servings. That's already 4 servings!)

Also remember to exercise and play. try doing something you enjoy like jumping rope or hula hooping. You can even play sports as a form of exercise. You shouldn't start lifting wieghts or anything untill you are at least 12 years old.

I also know that tea (of any kind) gives lots of antioxedents. This helps prevent cancer and gives you lots of vitamens. Green tea is the most popular, but herbal tea has (with my opinion) the best flavor.

Well, good luck on your trip to getting healthy!!!

Just ingnore him guys. Obviously this person has some kind of problem, but you don't have to let it spoil your time at TamaTalk.

Anyway, kids shouldn't really go on diets. Just eat right, and eat smart and you'll be fine.

The guy who created the Atkins diet died from it. That should be a huge red flag on it's own.

I was on a diet for quite a while and lost 17 lbs. The only issue with that is after you're on it you have to keep those eating habits to be able to keep the weight off. I learned that the hard way and gained it back.

The main issue with that is it involes pills and money x.x

HeeHee.

I love it when people all think that "I can't eat one bit of sugar on this diet or i die!"

Frankly,your to young.You will be for at least 10 more years!

If you feel that your overweight,do more sports like:

football

basketball

cricket

swimming

running

karate (it rules)

kung-foo

or something along those lines. :lol:

Just enjoy life the way you are! :eek:

:) :) :) :) :)

:) !STUPID! :)

:) :) :) :) :)

You are ten!!!!!

You do not need to go on a diet- unless your doctor has told you to do so!!!!!

Well you don't need to go on a "diet", just cut down on junk foods, stuff with lots and lots of salt, and bad fats and stick to healthy stuff and get lots of exersize.

You don't need a big diet that tells you what and what not to eat, it's just common sense to eat what you want, with flexable limits.

I just try to eat healthy instead of junk food. But then again, I don't have any issues with my self esteem, so I don't care about my weight.

You do not need to go on a "diet". You are only 10. Kids shouldn't go on diets.

If I go on little diet I just usually stop eating junk food (Chocolate, fast food) and eat more fruit and stuff like that.
That's usually how it goes, more fruits and veggies and more exorcise. I think any of those fad diets aren't good for anyone under 16 because the body does a lot of growing and such up until the 16-18 mark. If you're 10 and wanting to go on a diet, just have more healthier choices, cut back on portions if you eat a lot of food, and exercise somemore like talking 30 minutes a day.

Your 10? Your body is still developing in many ways o.o You haven't even reached puberty yet!

If your that desperate to lose weight, this is what you should do: Get a Jump Rope, bike, or find a pool you can use daily.

Jump Rope until you can't jump no more if you go that way.

Bike ride for about a hour each day if you want to do this.

Or get a good Swim session in every day (About 2 hours)

If you have Access to a Bowflex, Use it about 3 days a week (I have one. lol I pay attention to my mom)

You still shouldn't be concerned about weight. And whatever you do, DO NOT go Anorexic. One thing that can majorly harm your body if Anorexia Bulimia (Either one is dangerous)

If you want to commit suicide over a long period of time, try the fat-kins diet. Eventually,we're all going to die,but at least we have control over it.

Kids shouldn't go on diets. Your body will shrink if you don't give it what it needs. Try cutting off extra fatty foods or sugary sweets. I HIGHLY suggest you don't go on Cayenne Pepper, if you must diet, do Jenny Craig or LA weight loss.

If you want to commit suicide over a long period of time, try the fat-kins diet. Eventually,we're all going to die,but at least we have control over it.
I am not asking for ways to kill myself, I'm asking if I decide to go on a diet which is the safest one, How dangerous diets are and information on them. I don't want to go on the Fat-kins diet... I don't know what thst is o_O

The guy who created the Atkins diet died from it. That should be a huge red flag on it's own.
Hm... I might re-think the Atkins diet now... Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
im 11 but i think that its only right to go on a diet if the doctor says so even if your a adult because big changes to your body can have side effects!

p.s. i just dont snack on any junk i just have 3 meals and water with it (but at breakfast breakfast juice!I dont think that i should eat chocolate and dont have any but once a week i have half of an easter egg (its still in date so dont worry)

I am not asking for ways to kill myself, I'm asking if I decide to go on a diet which is the safest one, How dangerous diets are and information on them. I don't want to go on the Fat-kins diet... I don't know what thst is o_O
Hm... I might re-think the Atkins diet now... Thanks!
Fat-kins is another word for Atkins. Mainly people who think it's an idiotic diet, lol.

I'm pretty sure Foamy the Squirrel invented that word, although I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back