Difference between Tama-go, tama id, and tama plus color

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

l0s0ul

Reaction score
I want to get a tamagotchi for myself, but i don't know what is the difference between this three types. and heard that tama id the words are written in japanese?

could anyone tell me there difference? like the features and so on?

*Moved to 'Help for New Tamagotchi Owners'*

Oh boy. This question has been asked a lot, and there's a lot to tell, so bear with me. :p Most of it will involve browsing around the site for resources in order to know what the differences are. There's no better way around it so I highly recommend browsing the site. :)

Anyway, first I'm going to mention a bit about the TMGC+C versus the iD. I only own a TMGC+C out of the two at the moment and so I don't know much about the iD. Besides the price difference (iDs are usually more expensive), one of the biggest things that's preventing me from buying an iD at the moment is the downloadable content stuff. You don't need all that stuff to enjoy the iD but having all that stuff takes the game play to a whole new, awesome level, so I hear. There are a lot of cool things you can do with an iD. iD stands for "identity" and is an appropriate name for this Tamagotchi because you're essentially personalizing your Tamagotchi iD to match your own identity. One does this by downloading accessories, setting the living room wallpaper as you wish (take a look at what people have created, HERE), selecting games, types of foods, etc. Yes, you have to have some sort of method to transfer the content to your iD (whether it be by a Japanese phone with infrared capabilities, and I've also seen that you can do it via PSP as well: see this VIDEO) but I believe all the content is made available online for people not in Japan (HERE) once you have an IR phone, PSP, etc. By the way, HERE is a link to some compatible phones that you can probably buy off of Ebay.

Anyway, if you haven't already done so, I recommend reading up on the guides for both (TMGC+C and iD. Both Tamagotchis are in Japanese but if you have any experience at all with Tamagotchis, it won't be a big deal and plus, you've got these great guides I've mentioned above to explain everything you need to know. I just did a ton of research before buying. I think I'll eventually get the iD anyway. Buying the TMGC+C first has the advantage of allowing you to get used to the menus and interface because I'm pretty sure it's the same on the iD, except there's a lot of other different things you can do with the iD. There's a lot you can potentially do with it once you actually find a way to transfer that content to your iD. Just in case you need it, HERE is what a TMGC+C looks like and HERE is what an iD looks like.

Regarding the TMGO: all I have to say is that one of our TamaTalk Guides, binary, has a great log HERE that goes into great depth on what the TMGO is like. It even includes pictures. It's a bit on the lengthy side but I highly recommend giving it a read. The TMGO is in English, not Japanese.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back