Disappointed by Tamas?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonSparke

Reaction score
Lately I've been really disappointed by the direction tamas are taking. They're running away from their vpet roots, and seem to be headed towards tiny portable games. I don't have anything past a v4.5, because after that, they just seem like little games to me, not the tin y virtual critters I love.

Anyone feel like contributing?

I agree, this is one of the reasons I don't like tamagotchis anymore. They're not like virtual pets anymore, they're way too human-like now.

I was disappointed in the V5 and the V6, especially as everyone was saying how great they were... They are turning into mini humans, I agree with you Lee.

I was disappointed in the V5 and the V6, especially as everyone was saying how great they were... They are turning into mini humans, I agree with you Lee.
Me too, I was disappointed about V5 because I can’t name the characters and I can’t change the family name and also, I can't connect them into older versions… and many more… :( :D ;)

Yeah, they are turning into little humans like you said, but Bandai can't just keep creating more versions with the exact same things in it. They're probably running out of idea's of what to do with pets so they need to make something different, like the Music Star. I actually like the new Tamagotchi's, but you are right, they're not really pets anymore.

In my opinion, the tamas lost their roots after V3. After that, they became somewhat gimmicky, less pet, more game.

I'm actually purchasing the new ones now because I got a chance to try one out. THey ar emoving away from their roots, but it might be in a good direction. I think bandai should have the traditional tamas (like the v3s) out along side the new ones.

I was a bit disappointed with my V5 but I still love it and play it alot.

Yeah, you guys are right they're not really pets anymore but I still love the both the older and the newer versions.

I agree they are creating them differently,but for a good cause.

Bandai is making different Tamagotchi ideas because people will get bored if they are playing with the same thing over and over.Personally,I think the Music Star is one of Bandai's best yet.

Yes, I am a bit disappointed with the newer versions. I enjoyed the V3, but after that they changed a bit too much for me. I agree - they are more like games than pets. I really enjoyed the virtual pet aspect of Tamagotchi. That is what made them popular in the beginning. Also, the newer versions seem to be aimed towards younger kids. The original Tamagotchis were something everyone could enjoy, no matter what age. Now, they just seem a wee bit too marketed for younger children and don't hold my interest much. I wish they would remake some of the older 1990's models for nostalgia's sake. :angry:

In my opinion, the tamas lost their roots after V3. After that, they became somewhat gimmicky, less pet, more game.
Exactly!

The only Tamagotchis that I thought were decent after v3, was v4.5 and v5/v5.5.

I dont really like the whole "school" thing. It makes it too easy to get the characters you want, although I really like the characters on the v4.5, so I dont mind that version as much as the v4.

The v5 I thought was fun because you could have more than one Tamagotchi, and I really liked the characters. And they didnt go to "school" or anything like that.

I REALLY dislike the Music Star. You get to raise a "pop-star". Great.

I really think that Bandai made the Music Star because Hannah Montana and The Jonas Brothers are so popular and kids like the whole 'famous music icon' thing.

"I'll name mine Miley!" "I'll name mine Nick!"

I dont want to raise Hannah Montana in an eggshell! I want a little pet. Not a human. Thats boring :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back