Do you believe a freedom of speech?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well actually, I believe in freedom of speech to an extend. Because freedom or no freedom, it wouldn't be fair for someone to insult someone and say 'IT'S FREEDOM OF SPEECH!'. However, everyone has the right to make their opinion heard and stand up for what they believe in.

The way I see it is that we have the right to free speech but the responsibility to not say things just because we can. We have the right to have an opinion but not the right to discriminate against others. We have the right to say what we think but the responsibility to make sure that we aren't just saying these things because we can or just to offend another person/people.
That's not free speech.. Free speech is where you can say anything. No matter how offensive it might be to others. If your opinion IS discriminating, then you still get the right to speak about that.

I don't think you quite get the concept of it xD

Edit-- You have a point with the last part-- You shouldn't say something just for the point of annoying everyone else, but everything has a downside, and it's better than not having any free speech at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back