Do You Believe In Gay Marriage?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(977e)in my opinion gay people arent part oof the human race
This is THE MOST ignorant comment I have ever heard.

Are you actually trying to say just because a male is attracted to someone of the same sex, this means they should be considered animals?? You fail to amaze me.

No, they should not be considered animals, that is a form of discrimination.

Now, unless you are able to have a long intellectual conversation of this, then I suggest you just get off this topic and never come back, because you'll get eaten alive.

Okay! Now it's been pushed over the top! God made two genders for a reason?GOD DOESN'T EVEN EXIST.

And yes, I have 2 hours of evidence to back this up.

Zeitgeist

Prove to me how the above is not true? Can you break it down and prove it wrong? I believe not, therefore.

Conclusion

God and Jesus are copies of ancient beliefs.
People like you make me puke uncontrollably.

This topic is not about God, it's about gay marriage. If you don't believe in God, great for you. No one cares, especially when you made such a rude comment about it.

So in conclusion, you are not accepting of other people's beliefs, so no one has the right to be accepting of yours. I certainly am not. You make me sick.

.............GOD DOESN'T EVEN EXIST.

Prove to me how the above is not true? ... I believe not, therefore.

Unless you can die, and come back with some form of proof that God doesn't exist, then I don't think you should be saying that.

So instead of basing your whole post about totally eliminating our religion because of some video, maybe you should have read the topic title which was about Gay Marriage. Just saying. \:

////

I am still for gay marriage..

I would disagree if men said to women, "You don't have the right to vote, because you're different from us and we think that voting should be just for men." It's not like women would harm the voting process in any way, so why should they be denied the right? so i think it should o the same for gay couples and marriage.

( and yes, I do know that women have the right to vote these days ;P )

I just don't see why gay and straight couples can't share the same joyous celebration.. They're the same as straight coupls, just different genders. and gender is no boundary... in my opinion. [;

( ok.. there's a more elaborate explanation from my first post. <: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, my opinion has changed from before. (Before, I said I'm not sure."

I think gays should have the right to get married. For those of you who are not for gay marriage, what is two people of the same gender getting married gonna do to you? I don't think it's gonna totally change your life. I believe two people of the same gender have just as much right to get married as two people of different genders.

I am for gay marriage, just to stay on topic.

I believe in God, he is the most stable thing in my life. I don't know what I'd do without him and I feel he exists.

I've probably posted in the topic numerous times but I don't feel like digging through the pages to find my replies so~

I'm against gay marriage. I was brought up to believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman only.

However, I think it's fine if gay/lesiban couples want to have a ceremony similar to a marriage, giving them basically all of the same rights, so long as they don't call it a marriage.

Yes. Yes, I do.

My dad doesn't, he's totally against it, like some people here.

But some boys I have strong feelings for [And I mean you, Tyler] are gay, and I don't want to take anything away from them, if that makes sense.

As for what 977e said, my opinion is simply: 'What the heck?'

Gay people have the exact same rights as straight people, from my knowledge, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the majority of right-minded people in this world think every one is equal no matter what their sexuality/race/gender/whatever is...?

I'm glad I said that now.

Gay people have the exact same rights as straight people, from my knowledge...
... and that's what this topic and discussion should be about :)

Because gay people don't have the exact same rights as straight people.

In many countries / states they can't get married (even if they plan to stay together for life) and receive the benefits a married couple might be entitled to under the law - like mortgage relief for a married couple, tax benefits, inheritance taxes, etc.

People keep getting hung up on religion and if it is "marriage" or not - but the real problem is a legal one :eek:

I believe people deserve to be happy no matter who its with. Marriage should be a choice for any American. However, some people I know think it's morally wrong to allow it and contributes to the break down of society.

Do you believe in gay marriage? I'm just curious and I haven't seen this topic in a while. I personally, do. I believe if you truly love someone, no matter what their gender, you should be allowed to get married ;)

*NOTE*

I really don't want a flame war, so, let's keep it strong, but civil with our opinions okay? :)
I agree...

For everyone's information, AIDS has not gone away. Gays, especially men, are still spreading it. Still no cure, and no vaccine. Wise up, people!!

For everyone's information, AIDS has not gone away.  Gays, especially men, are still spreading it.  Still no cure, and no vaccine.  Wise up, people!! 
Not to be rude, but I honestly don't see what AIDS directly has to do with gay marriage. Especially considering straight people can contract/spread it too.

It's not the "gay disease" it was once thought as years ago.

For everyone's information, AIDS has not gone away.  Gays, especially men, are still spreading it.  Still no cure, and no vaccine.  Wise up, people!! 
uh ... so if two Gay men with AIDS get married and are committed to each other for life, then they won't spread it any further ... which is better, right ? :angry:

... does that mean your AIDS comment supports the idea of Gay marriage? ;)

I know this is an old topic but seriously, you people think the whole human race would die out? If you allow gay marriage it's not like all the men are going to start marrying other men just because they can! Straight people are going to continue being straight because they are attracted to the opposite sex! C'mon people I know alot of you are young and naive but not stupid! Being gay is not a choice and neither is being straight it's how we are programmed and allowing gays to marry will not make all the straight people suddenly gay alright! Jesus some of you need to stop listening to your parents, open your eyes and see what's really going on outside your familys rose tinted windows! I'm sorry if I came off as a b$%#@, I wasn't trying to be.

Okay! Now it's been pushed over the top! God made two genders for a reason?GOD DOESN'T EVEN EXIST.

And yes, I have 2 hours of evidence to back this up.

Zeitgeist

Prove to me how the above is not true? Can you break it down and prove it wrong? I believe not, therefore.

Conclusion

That was both off-topic, immature and offensive.

How does your post have anything to do with gay marriage?

I love God. He's the best thing about my life. And that strange video thing proved nothing.

Alright, now for the actual issue. I see no reason for two people who are in love not to get married, and while I would never encourage or praise it, I honestly think that as a straight thirteen year old, it's none of my business to decide what gay couples are doing.

I won't judge them for their love. As long as they're not hurting anybody, who am I to tell them whether they can marry or not?

my two cents:

1. Gay people are gay no matter what the law say says about them. If the fact that some people are gay destroyed civillization, then we'd be long gone by now.

2. It's hypocritical to say that gay people are just like normal people EXCEPT THEY CAN'T GET MARRIED CUZ MARRIAGE IS FOR STRAIGHT PEOPLE ONLY YOU HEAR THAT!!! I think that if you truly view gays as equals, you'll understand that they should be allowed to partake in the same ceremonies as you, and yes, call it the same thing. If they're just as equal as you are, then why can't you call it the same thing? By doing that, you're admitting that it isn't really equal, that there are things *meant for* a man and woman that aren't meant for two men or two women.

3. We have a LOT of people in the world. Do all couples really need to be bent on creating more? I'm not very good with children, and at the moment I don't see myself having any. But that isn't anyone else's business.

4. A marriage may or may not be great, no matter what sexuality of the person. Not all gay couples love each other forever, but not all straight ones do either. But we're allowed to get married to whomever we want because its our right. The government can't choose for you- but that's what they're doing with gay couples.

I think the reason people this bothers people so much is because they have to think about what other people do in their relationships and what two people loving each other really means. If gay people are out of the way and we don't have to think about their rights, then everything is okay. But if they are allowed to get married, that's horrible? They only want things that you might take for granted, because they're guarenteed to you.

If were not going to allow Gay people to marry

because it "Ruins the sacredness of marriage" or whatever. Shouldn't we just

abolish divorce? Like really. Isn't that the biggest threat to marriage?

A much bigger threat then Gay marriage for that matter.

Think about it.

As highly as the Bible disagrees with people of the same gender being together,

it also says that you shouldn't divorce your wife, and vice versa.

So in most ways...This makes us pretty hypocritical.

There's been quite a bit of divorcing this day and age.

If Gay Marriage is such an evil thing. Maybe we should just

have a genocide of all Gay people in general. Just kill them all.

Because you know...If were against Gay Marriage shouldn't we also be again Gays in general? Against there whole life style?

But nope. For some reason it's Ok for two gay people to be in a relationship...

BUT NOOO~ HEAVENS NO. Marriage is a WHOOOLE different matter.

^ Marriage IS a whole different matter. I am definitely not a homophobic, but I don't support gay marriage. And if you read my above post, you'll see why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back