do you guys think some tamatalk members...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamitchi465

Reaction score
dont you think so? like in some topics they think they are so "inteligent" with big words and propper grammer. One time in this topic i guess i did something wrong on accident when i was new to the boards some person was like"Well you should really pay more attension and please do not make a mistake like that again :rolleyes: " always, always, ALWAYS! they think they are always right and i hate it!

~Mamitchi465

I can understand how you don't like making mistakes - lots of people don't and lots of people don't like having their mistakes pointed out to them. But how will anyone learn they did something wrong if no one tells them?

I don't think there's anything wrong with using proper grammar, spelling and punctuation - in fact, if you can use it then it does show intelligence.

If you're still learning, that's fine, but it's a little foolish to use slang and bad grammar if you actually know how to speak and type correctly.

Using proper words to express yourself helps avoid people misunderstanding your posts and getting the wrong idea about your views or opinions. If you know a precise, correct word, why not use it ?

On a busy forum like TamaTalk there are many members of different ages, experiences and different walks of life so there are bound to be differences in the way we post and our opinions.

It is every members responsiblity to remember that.

No one should assume that because they themselves have more experience or better grammar then they are in some way "better" than another member.

The only members I can honestly say I sometimes feel I am "better" than is those who break the site rules :(

I think it's equally important to remember that just because you may not feel as smart or eloquent as another member there's no need to dislike them.

Learn from them if it seems like it might be useful to you, otherwise you can ignore them.

But making topics complaining about the difference is really not going to help much and since it may lead to bad feeling and flaming in this forum, I hope you understand why I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back