Do you remember your first tama?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do! I was...5 when I heard of them but thought that they were just macca's toys. When I moved schools in yr 2, I met a really good friend who I'm still friends with until today, in year 3 she showed my her tamagotchi and I was [SIZE=12.222222328186035px]fascinated[/SIZE] [SIZE=12.222222328186035px]especially[/SIZE] at the fact that they could connect and she had no-one to connect with. I got home and told my mum all about them and even youtube-d them. The next week I got one and we connected and I was hooked for life until today, [SIZE=12.222222328186035px]continuing[/SIZE] to get the latest generations!

This was my first Tamagotchi.

teal.jpg

The combination of the colours is perfect. I've lost it when I was a teen. Recently, I tried to find it on ebay or japanese sites but had no luck.

Edit: Correcting some mistakes
This was my very first Tamagotchi as well. I agree, the colors are perfect! If only I knew what happened to it.

I remember reading in article in Wired or something about Tamagotchi sometime between the original Japanese launch and the American one. I wanted one so badly after that. Eventually I was somehow able to convince my parents to buy me one at the KB Toys in the mall.

Again, I don't know what became of it. The real tragedy though, is my mom's missing Tamagotchi Angel. She likes angels and bought it on a whim sometime during the short window that they were available. It's lost forever too. :(

^^There's always ebay. I found just today, a Tama just like in the pic above. There are many Angels (US and Japanese) there as well.

I actually got my first tama two weeks ago I got the tamagotchi app and I hated it. But I tried it out again and I though ''what would happen if I had one of these for real' so I got a v3 for 30$ on amazon. Me and my sister really wanted a boy tamagotchi so we could name him Giga after a character from a show called poppixies.

grncamo.jpg

This was my first Tama, back in '97. I have since lost it and all of my other odd pets I had collected at the same time, but I still have a picture of me at a birthday party with this tama hanging from a string around my waist. I want to repurchase it from ebay but I've only seen it going for expensive, ridiculous prices so far.

I do.

It was 2006, my 8th birthday, my parents got me a tamagotchi. Pretty much all my friends had one so I knew what it was but I didn't know anything about it. After a bit of fiddling around, I got the hang of it and boom, I was obsessed. My parents couldn't keep me off it too long and safe to say, they probably regretted ever getting it for me but at least it kept me happy :) I actually think my first tama was called Vince, I used to name them all after people that I knew and I knew a Vince at the time. He didnt live long much to my dismay but I was getting the hang of it and didnt really know how to look after them properly so fair enough.

When I was twelve I saw an exhibit in a museum in Chicago about robots/artificial intelligence. Tamagotchi was one of the things on display (which is pretty cool now that I think of it), and it made me really want one so I went to Target by myself and bought myself a V4. :) I remember it was the blue swirl one, and my first tama was named Flo but she died. It seems like a lot of people accidentally kill their first one, but it never happened again. I had to convince my friends to get one because I wanted people to connect with! :p

I lost interest until I was 16 and got a job. Now that I could shop online, I ordered a bunch of Tamas I always wanted. A green P1, a white P2, a gold P2, a blue and white Angelgotchi, and yellow V3.

And I'm 19 now. So yeah, I didn't grow up with Tamas exactly but they are very special to me. :)

Hmm, its a v4, broken, painted horribly and blegh, i just wanna through it away, it looks horrible

Um. Not really.

I think it was a pink v2 from Japan.. I'm not sure. But I do remember it had no antenna.

I cried when it died (oooh that rhymed! :D ) and I was 6, so I dumped it in a box.

I never saw it ever again. :angry:

The end!

I'm playing with mine right now. I actually bought a pale blue tamagotchi first which I think was a V2 but it didn't work all that well so I had to go back to the store to change it. In front of me was this boy who was refunding his sister's tamagotchi which was this really pretty white background with pink flowers and leaves tamagotchi. The clerk asked me to choose so I ended up getting that one which is now my V4.

tsubutchi to puchitchi to gourmetchi and finally togetchi

so happy :)

It's so fun reading everyone's stories! ^_^

As for me, I remember seeing some girl at my afterschool place have one, a v3 I believe. I was really intrigued and the girl was really nice and let me play with hers for awhile. After that I begged my dad to let me get one. So we went to Target one day and I picked out the cheetah print v4.5. It's still it very good condition today! Only a few minor scratches. Although i'm kind of afraid the star on the antenna will fall off... I don't remember the first tama I had on it, but I really remember my favorite tama I ever raised on it, Dot the Purimatchi. Anyway, It was a good while after this, but that tama became very special to me because I became friends with two girls in my grade who went to the same afterschool as me. And it turned out, they had tamas too! One had an entama and the other a v4.5 like me :3 In fact I own that v4.5 that she had now. It's a nice memento because i've never seen them since I left that place. I'm super happy that I got it. :D

I feel so old reading some of the posts on here. My first Tamagotchi was way back in 1997, and I remember being terrible at it as my Tama kept dying. I was eight-years-old at the time and found the whole toy with its faintly transparent white shell and red rubber buttons absolutely magical.

91HETDcbMZL._SY355_.jpg

I was also gifted a green RakuRaku DinoKun and Bobo Panda Byte around the same time, but it wasn't until 2004 that I came upon a Tamagotchi again with my purple v1. Unfortunately, I have since moved twice and no longer have my virtual pets. I now have a Tama P's and don't intend on parting with them anymore.

My first Tamagotchi was a puzzle peice designed v4.5, and I got it 3 years ago. Sadly, I threw it away for some reason.. :(

Most of your first tamagotchi's were a v1, but mine was a v4.

I was about 4 or a at the time.

One day my baby sitter came over and I was playing on it and she was like, "What is that?"

So, I told her all about it and when she came back she had a new bright green one. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I was 12, and I went into a toy store that is now extinct called Kaybee Toys. I had read about tamagotchis in magazines, and I NEEDED one. My first was the P2 black, orange, and white. To this day, I choose this color combination on random things. I do not own the original one I had (gave it to my cousin), but I purchased a new one in the box on ebay. I'm selling all my older tamas, but this one will stay with me forever. It was love at first -beep- <3

Yes, I remember when I was 4 my grandmother took me into K-mart I think, and bought me my first tamagotchi; A Camo Green V2, I loved the thing! Until it went through the washing machine... I then got a red V3!

My first tama was a dark pink floral V2! The day I got it I was so happy. I was about 6 or 7 at the time, it was such an amazing feeling to pull out the tab and see the little egg bouncing on the screen! Shortly after I got the 2 pack of the turquoise and yellow camo tamas! My collection increased from there :lol:

Yes . . . sort of . . . it wasn't a Tamagotchi because I grew up in a super poor family. I knew a whole bunch of other kids had one or a GigaPet. I really wanted one too and fortunately I was able to get a knockoff at the dollar store. It was heart shaped but had 8 different pets to choose from. I picked the kitten for my first pet. Next was a caterpillar and then a puppy. I always wanted to get a legitimate Tamagotchi. Now I'm 30 and decided I wanted to have fun with my midlife crisis so I ordered a V6 Music Star. Therefore, my first official Tamagotchi is now. I got teased for being a boy with a heart shaped virtual pet but I loved it so it didn't matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first virtual pet was knock off tamagotchi. A little cat creature if I do recall.
Sadly it was a rather bad knock off, there was maybe one animation and the cat never grew or did anything, and there was only one incomprehensible game.

It actually put me of tamagotchi for years, since I hadn't realized an actual tamagotchi would evolve and could become different creatures depending on how you treated it.
It wasn't until a friend of mine convinced me to run a set of V3 with her a few years back, that I realized how much fun an actual proper tama was. That soft pink V3 with bows on it was my first actual tamagotchi.

Latest posts

Back