Do you sound more intelligent online?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a expanded range of vocabulary in real life, it's scarce that I use 'big' words on the internet.

Sometimes I forget to captialize 'I's.

Sometimes I mess up on wording IRL. ;_;

Well when speaking in class and such, I sound pretty intelligent because it's school related and I try to know the stuff. But when speaking with friends, my vocabulary just goes right down the tube. I try to describe something, so it comes out sort of like "That this is so... blah".

On here and other places on the internet, I sound more intelligent. There's spell check, and I get time to think out my replies.

I actually spend a lot of time on my replies. I check it over and make sure there's no mistakes. If it's a long reply, I generally spend a large amount of time changing things so it sounds just right. Talk about OCD right? lol

:rolleyes:

I totally do sound more intelligent online, but only in notes and posts, not IMs. My writing usually seems waaaay more intelligent than, well, how intelligent I actually am. Like on Facebook I made this group 'Keep identity thefts off social networking sites' and the introduction makes people think a 40-year-old wrote it :p And my blog posts and posts in forums. A lot of the time I give people advice that I cannot put into practice myself :p

If you knew my age, you would be suprised. xD

Yes, I sound more mature/intelligent o-o

Cecib :)

Yeah, pretty much! :) I mean, I don't talk like this normally. But I dunno if I seem like "intelligent", 'cause my english isn't very... good. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't see myself as intelligent in the real world. Online though I feel differently, maybe it has to do with not seeing people face to face that makes me feel better. I tend to think that someone is always judging me over one thing or another.

Actually, I figured out that I sound pretty much the same on here and in real life. Cuz I even type ''like'' on here when I would say it in real life and I say ''um'' and ''ah'' on here aswell.

But still, atleast here I can read over and over what Im about to say and in real life, that's impossible.

Wow! I didn't expect my poll to become this popular! Ha ha. I'm surprised to see how many people actually try to sound intelligent online. It's interesting...

Ripcurl

I think a lot of people do that without having to think about it much. I was interested in seeing if people try to do it on purpose. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back