Do you think Bandai has made new tamagotchis too girlish?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ID L is pretty girly. My friend's bf(we are all way over 21) was thinking of getting one to play with us but he was saying it's way to girly even for the blue and white ones.

I think that if they made all boyish ones it wouldn't be so bad for the girls I mean I wouldn't mind carrying around a camo tamagotchi or whatever other designs they may make for boys. but if I was a guy, there would be NO WAY I would be seen with a pink sparkly tamago...

even being a girl I would not get anything so, soooo.... Idk how to describe the feeling I get looking at pastel pink.

i was thinking the Exact same thing! i really think they should go back to the neutral Designs like back in the day and the characters now are starting to get outta hand they aren't as original as they used to be ...

and i agree with SailorRosette about the create your own that would be neat!but BanDai would make more money if they didn't market to only 1 Gender they just cut there buying market in half by putting in the girls section they made every boy not want tamas anymore ... and if they put hem back in the electronic aisle like with paper jamz and Hex bugs and the small airplanes and helicopters ....

Just saying if it was in a boy's section or neutral aisle girls and Boys could go to them without looking like a freak what i'm saying is if a girl goes into a boys sectionthey aren't looked at oddly but if a boy is in a girls section then they are looked at Very ODDLY .... i just think banDai isn't thinking this all the way through!

Heres a question for anyone to answer :

No Matter if you are a boy or girl did you mind going in the aisle where the music stars and other previouys versions where located? (mainly at target)

My answer is no i didn't mind i thought it was an awesome place but now its kinda akward to be in a girls section .... :(
Tell me about it!!!

I remember when the v5 came out I was so excited! I went to toys r us and looked where the tamas usually were. they weren't there. I asked some guy and he said to follow him. He led me into and OBVIOUSLY girl isle. I just snatched one and ran out of the isle. I didn't even look at the designs ( turns out i got my favorite design though!!! )

I was so embarresed , and i actually considered putting the tama back and just forget tamagotchis ever existed . I almost cried right there in the store :(

Yep. Newer ones are way too girly. My v3 however looks like grafitti

^ Not tooo grily, depending on the color. There's a few sparkles, but you don't notice 'em TOO much if you're not looking for them. The iD L is way worth it though, even if I was a boy. ;)
Hehe i know. I've got the white one :p

I totally agree. I am a boy and I am 18. I wanted a colored Tamagotchi and I even dished out the extra to get a +Color instead of an ID L because they are looking pretty girly. Though I might get the white one still, I can probably handle that. How girly DO they look in person?
Honestly, not as girly as in photos ( i think ). I have the white one :)

Go for the id L! Whenever i use it in public i just cover up those star things with my finger. Haha XD

Well, Bandai created Digimon, which was aimed for boys around 11-14, so they probably figured that Digimon could be for boys and Tamagotchi could be for girls!

Well, Bandai created Digimon, which was aimed for boys around 11-14, so they probably figured that Digimon could be for boys and Tamagotchi could be for girls!
I suppose :/

But they stopped making digimon :(

The old Tamagotchi characters themselves were never girly or to burly. They were suitable for both. Now they are really girl, especially the shells. I don't think Bandai will ever listen to us unfortunately D:

The old Tamagotchi characters themselves were never girly or to burly. They were suitable for both. Now they are really girl, especially the shells. I don't think Bandai will ever listen to us unfortunately D:
Meh,the TamaGos are OK. The designs aren't too girly for me and aren't too boyish either (except the Memetchi one). You can also put in new faceplates.

Zzgs: The iDLs were only meant for the Japanese market,where guys aren't that interested in Tamas,so there's no use complaining about the design if you live elsewhere. Just saying. :blink:

Yeah originally Digimon were more for boys and Tamagotchi was more for girls. The problem is they stopped making true Digimon and replaced them with those godawful digivices. Why did I waste money on those stupid things? Original Digimon was so much better.

Yes you are right. There are still some boyish designs, but usually there is only like one or two per batch. But these newer ones, like the IDL are pretty much ALL girl designs.

Tamagotchi-iDL_allcolorMarch.jpg

I mean look! Pretty much the only design suitable for a boy would be the white, and even that is "glittery"
I'm not so sure about that. These tamas were made specifically for the Asian market and more directly - Japans market. With the way some of the guys fashion is in Japan, it would not be hard for me to see a guy possibly carrying a white ID L tama around with him. I think it's just all perspective of the culture your from. Though honestly, I really like the V3 and V4 for having some pretty... open gendered designs.

Yeah originally Digimon were more for boys and Tamagotchi was more for girls. The problem is they stopped making true Digimon and replaced them with those godawful digivices. Why did I waste money on those stupid things? Original Digimon was so much better.

Oh yeah!!!! Now it's Digidevices or something, right?

Yes you are right. There are still some boyish designs, but usually there is only like one or two per batch. But these newer ones, like the IDL are pretty much ALL girl designs.

Tamagotchi-iDL_allcolorMarch.jpg

I mean look! Pretty much the only design suitable for a boy would be the white, and even that is "glittery"
Anyway there is a black IDL and anyway you can just pop off the cover...

The black iD L is the iD L spot, which lives inside stores in Japan. You can connect to it for special download gifts, but it's not available for purchase.

The black iD L is the iD L spot, which lives inside stores in Japan. You can connect to it for special download gifts, but it's not available for purchase.
Right, it's like the huge Store Dekas. I was about to say, I don't think it's available for people to get!

They don't make enough black Tamas. I have a black and red Tama that I think is awesome. Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere.

They don't make enough black Tamas. I have a black and red Tama that I think is awesome. Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere.
Yeah. A black id L really would have been nice. Sure there is the id L Spot, but that isn't available to the public :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back