Do you think HSM has gone to far?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have HSM underpants, napkins, I heard they had toilet paper. They also have party stuff and cups and pillows and bedspreads. Internet resources say, they also have stationary and school supplies. Footwear, sleepwear, costumes, wigs accessories. They also have bedroom Furniture, like headboards and chairs. Toothbrushes, Alarm clock, Pillow with ipod speaker, diary, clothes and sunglasses.Oh and you can always have the best of both worlds!

https://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/wcs/st...ategoryId=21092 (aw that girl is way too cute for that wig)

https://clublibbylu.saksgifts.com/products/...D=1202494076528 (lol, ew that looks nothing like her hair)

(they also have a Lola wig if you pay for a make-over package, to look just like Hannah!)
Are you serious? All that stuff? B) Wow.. Thats ridiculous.

Yes. They have definately gone too far. I like the TV shows, but the products are pointless.

It's called Identifying a Niche Market and selling to it :lol:
If people will buy the goods, then manufacturers will produce the goods.

There are lots of people on TamaTalk who have had enough, but clearly in the big wide world of HSM there are still plenty of fans who want to collect items and they are buying.

It will blow over as others have pointed out... goodness, I remember things like the Lion King having truck loads of merchandising when it first came out (I was bought a little Lion King baby suit for my new born) :lol:
You have a baby, TM?

I'll just copy and paste my reply from the HSM topic in 'Stuff We Watch'

I personally HATE High School Musical. It is way too cheesey with a nonsense plot. They're all "ZOMFG!!!!! BASKETBALL PLAYER TRYING OUT FOR MUSICAL!!!!! WOOT!!!!!! WE SING NOW!!!!" Like I mean, who would really give a crap if a basketball player auditions for a musical? It's not other people's buiness that someone else thinks they can sing. No one on the cast can actually sing anyways. Obviously they could sing better than me, but compared to other REAL celebrities/singers they can't sing. Now, why did I just say REAL celebrity? I think that teens that star in a crappy nonsense movie who are loved by all the 8 year olds shouldn't be considered real celebrities. Back to High School Musical. The acting is also terrible, it was way too cheesey, the acting didn't make the movie look more 'lifelike' as I call it. It was obvious that they were acting. They coudlnt' compare to my favourite actors from TV and (Good) movies. Take House as an example, I think that the acting is AMAZING! It's so lifelike I could swear House is a documentary. My friends forced me to watch HSM when I was going to a hockey tournament. In my head I was just like "Omg...a basketball player is auditioning for a musical! YEAHH!!!! BEST STORYLINE EVER! Not." I mean, really, who would want to make a production out of that. I guess the HSM writer's do, but in real life, who would really care?

UNQUOTE.

HSM is way to publiciced (sp?) I mean HAND SANITIZER?!?!? That's just scary, I don't know what the world has come to. Honestly, I thought they went too far with HSM 2 and T-Shirts. Now they're just going insane with publicity. Soon they're probably gonna have HSM sports equipement or something.

Mileyroxyoursox2342: Hannah Montana is Disney too. And it's not a movie except for that crap 3D movie I heard about *shudders* I've never seen a single Talladega Nights or Million Dollat Baby or Bad News Bears or When A Stranger Calls (The list will go on and on...) Shirt in my LIFE. Not every movie has frickin hand sanitizer and backpacks o__o

Hazzapad: HSM 3 is gonna be in THEATERS? Tsk tsk...

Last edited by a moderator:
wow its funny to see some people get so mad over something so small. They have lots of merchandising cuz thats just disney for ya...The thing is you guys that are posting are porb about 12 or 13. The merchandising is mostly for 5-10 year olds, they love it. I think its great for kids to have role models like that as opposed to (sry if im not supposed to say this) but slutty stuff like Paris Hilton and druggies like Brittney that cant even take care of their kids. So for amount of merchandising? Its fine and completely usual

I don't think they've really gone too far. I mean, yes it's annoying and sometimes nauseating to see, but Disney does this with EVERY movie that comes out. They find anything and everything to make that can be associated with their movie.

Big companies will do anything to make more money. They milk things for everything their worth until the majority finally gets fed up with it.

They have HSM underpants, napkins, I heard they had toilet paper. They also have party stuff and cups and pillows and bedspreads. Internet resources say, they also have stationary and school supplies. Footwear, sleepwear, costumes, wigs accessories. They also have bedroom Furniture, like headboards and chairs. Toothbrushes, Alarm clock, Pillow with ipod speaker, diary, clothes and sunglasses.Oh and you can always have the best of both worlds!

https://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/wcs/st...ategoryId=21092 (aw that girl is way too cute for that wig)

https://clublibbylu.saksgifts.com/products/...D=1202494076528 (lol, ew that looks nothing like her hair)

(they also have a Lola wig if you pay for a make-over package, to look just like Hannah!)
HSM TOILET PAPER!?!?!?!?!? :) Ok, maybe they are going a little too far.

I'll just copy and paste my reply from the HSM topic in 'Stuff We Watch'

I personally HATE High School Musical. It is way too cheesey with a nonsense plot. They're all "ZOMFG!!!!! BASKETBALL PLAYER TRYING OUT FOR MUSICAL!!!!! WOOT!!!!!! WE SING NOW!!!!" Like I mean, who would really give a crap if a basketball player auditions for a musical? It's not other people's buiness that someone else thinks they can sing. No one on the cast can actually sing anyways. Obviously they could sing better than me, but compared to other REAL celebrities/singers they can't sing. Now, why did I just say REAL celebrity? I think that teens that star in a crappy nonsense movie who are loved by all the 8 year olds shouldn't be considered real celebrities. Back to High School Musical. The acting is also terrible, it was way too cheesey, the acting didn't make the movie look more 'lifelike' as I call it. It was obvious that they were acting. They coudlnt' compare to my favourite actors from TV and (Good) movies. Take House as an example, I think that the acting is AMAZING! It's so lifelike I could swear House is a documentary. My friends forced me to watch HSM when I was going to a hockey tournament. In my head I was just like "Omg...a basketball player is auditioning for a musical! YEAHH!!!! BEST STORYLINE EVER! Not." I mean, really, who would want to make a production out of that. I guess the HSM writer's do, but in real life, who would really care?

UNQUOTE.

HSM is way to publiciced (sp?) I mean HAND SANITIZER?!?!? That's just scary, I don't know what the world has come to. Honestly, I thought they went too far with HSM 2 and T-Shirts. Now they're just going insane with publicity. Soon they're probably gonna have HSM sports equipement or something.

Mileyroxyoursox2342: Hannah Montana is Disney too. And it's not a movie except for that crap 3D movie I heard about *shudders* I've never seen a single Talladega Nights or Million Dollat Baby or Bad News Bears or When A Stranger Calls (The list will go on and on...) Shirt in my LIFE. Not every movie has frickin hand sanitizer and backpacks o__o

Hazzapad: HSM 3 is gonna be in THEATERS? Tsk tsk...
You think I dont know that hannah montana is not a movie!?! How stupid do you think I am? I know that hannah montana's by disney ok? Im just comparing it with HSM. Is fine if you dont like HSM and hannah montana but its really annoying to see you keep on saying that you hate HSM and hannah montana and posting really mean things about it. We get it, you hate HSM and hannah montana. Can't you be a little more mature about it? Like I dont like anime shows that much but I just say nicely, "Sorry, I'm not a huge fan of anime." You never hear me posting really mean things about shows I dont like or hate (ok, once I did start this topic about how much I hate naturally, sadie. But I'll never do that again).

I don't think they've really gone too far. I mean, yes it's annoying and sometimes nauseating to see, but Disney does this with EVERY movie that comes out. They find anything and everything to make that can be associated with their movie.
Big companies will do anything to make more money. They milk things for everything their worth until the majority finally gets fed up with it.
Thank yew SK and TM. Really guys, the big cheeses aren't going to say, 'hmm, we've gone way to far; look at the millions of dollars we've made!! Oh noez, lets shut this down immediatly- far too much income!'.

It's how things go. If you don't like it, it's not hurting you.

Toilet paper?!?!?!?!?

WTF.

mileycyrusroxyoursox: I didn't mean it in that way. I meant HSM and Hannah Montana are different things. The shows and movies aren't the same. <.<

Yeah, they just want to make money. But I hate how they keep re-making classic movies, for extra cash for a whole new audience. It's getting old, kinda off-topic but it bothers me.

Is all that merchandise annoying? Yes. Is it kind of disturbing that they have underwear for High School Musical? Yes. But as tamaw/pants and SK said, those people aren't going to think they've gone to far when they're making so much money. Until people stop buying them, those products are going to exist.

On the bright side, someday this will all blow over, like Beanie Babies or the Lion King. ;)

Yeah, of course theres to much of it. I still don't understand WHY anyone likes it. But I guess I just have a habit of hating just about everything that Disney creates.

But hey, it's making Disney a lot of money. I'm sure there rolling in dough as we speak...O_O

I think it's gone just a bit too far. I love HSM and HM, if you want to know that. I have seen Hannah Montana underwear, and HSM TOILET PAPER?!?!?!?!? WHAT THE FUDGE?! o_O

Agreed.

The HSM Hand Sanitzer/Lotion is Nice though

I Have one. ^^

A HSM Lip Balm as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back