Does anyone else hate the Twilight series?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That may well be. Isn't it interesting to note how many teenagers are now suddenly proclaiming how klutzy and clumsy they are all the time and how they are so ugly that ppl need to shield their eyes (when in reality they are perfectly good looking) :D
Seems to me that no matter how badly Ms Meyer may (or may not) write, it's just a book. No need to get too worked up about it either for or against it :D
I've always been klutzy, but I will admit people do take it too far.

People think I'm lying when I tel them what I've done.

I got something really disturbing for you, someone I know at work just couldn't stay enough of how good the books are.(not that I asked her,I hate the woman) Shes in her 40's. I thought about reading one just to see what all the fuss was about but decided against it when some made a comment about it was written. Plus reading about vampires doesn't seem like something I'd be interested in.
I did end up reading them to form my own opinion, I find them just ok. Shes no JK Rowling. Not well written but I like some of the characters. *cough*Jasper+Alice*cough* I don't see what the whole hype about these books are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I hate that book series so much.
First 300 pages:

"I FRICKIN LUFF YEW, EDWARDO!!"

"But I'm dangerous!"

"WHO FLIPPIN CARES?!

Next 50 pages:

BASEBALL.

Last 100 pages:

"zOMGZ! It's JAMES! Who doesn't appear to have a last name!"

"I'll save you, Bella!"

Bella: *gets hurt*

"ZOMG! I'll save you, Bella!"

*the end*

:hitodetchi: I hate TWILIGHT!
XD That is hilarious. And precise!

I've read all 4 books, but I only really liked the 1st one.

Twilight is becoming very overrated. There's this girl in my class, and on her MSN it said her name was Bella-Stuff princess I want to be a vampire! And she hasn't seen the books, or even seen the movie. Oh yes, the movie. Everyone's going,

'I'm a vampire!' or 'I love Edward Cullen'

D:

I am completely repulsed by the series. I can't stand it...There are too many things about it for me to nag about and state, otherwise I would. Haha.

But, I kind of...kind of...like Jacob...a tiny tiny bit. -shot-

Me! I hate all 4.

Bella is so clingy... it was pretty annoying to read about how much life sucks without Edward and how she can't stand being away from him even for 5 seconds; kind of pathetic of her.

Too lazy to rant some more.

Heeeeyyyyyy.

I really wish people wouldn't be like,

"Read the book, then you'll stop hating it!"

I did not hate it before I read the book.

I disliked it afterwards, though xD

I mean, I read the first one... A good while ago.

Two years, maybe?

I wouldn't suggest it to anyone.

I was ten or eleven and I knew the writing was terrible, the plot was unrealistic, and the charactors didn't have personalities xD

I liked Jacob and Jasper.

And Alice was okayish.

The non-plot is slightly ridiculous.

The only part I thought was decent was the Jacob book in Breaking Dawn.

The plot, not the writing.

And all of the sudden I see darker girls wearing super light foundation and talking about how clumsy they are.

._.

It's like coffee. Many people love at and many people hate it, and only a few people are in the middle.

I dislike it.

So. Yeah.

People who go around telling people that if they read it, they'll love it..

No. xD

The fangirls didn't help, though.

Not in the least.

They make me want to gag sometimes.

And I used to like Robert Pattison, in Harry Potter.

Cedric was so much better.

But then I saw how he reacted to throngs of fangirls and how he doesn't wash his hair and all that fascinating stuff I could live without knowing xD

Bella's a terrible charactor, and Kristen Stewart is a rather bad actress.

So the movie didn't help xD

Soooo, yeah.

I like Jacob the best.

But I didn't really like the series.

Jacob has flaws.

I mean, there's this massive one I dislike (How he's like HOMBELLAILOVEYOU!), but we can go past that.

He's the most likeable.

I just have this thing. If it's a dull plot but okay writing, I'll read it, or if it's bad writing and an okay plot, it's got hope, but a dull book wih bad writing and empty placeholder charactors...

Sigh.

Twilight is OK, mediocre, acceptable. The hype is what I hate. There are an infinate amount of books that are waay better than Twilight. Twilight is a series for the masses, an easy story to grasp written for those with average or below-average IQs along with series like Pirates of the Caribbean or Harry Potter. I read the books and I enjoyed them...to an extent. I have to say I'm not on Team Edward or Team Jacob - I'm on Team Charlie 'cause I think Bella should end up alone! HAHAHA I love Charlie he is a grumpy old man!

I used to like Twilight. I hate it now.

All you hear about on Tv and any websites...'TWILIGHT' 'OMG EDWARD CULLEN!!!' 'I TOTALLY WISH I WAS BELLA!!!'. It seriously gets on my nerves :/ Now it seems everyone is reading it because it's popular

After I finished 3 1/2 books of the Twilight saga I moved on to other books. Then I noticed how much Twilight sucked.

It's so boring.

Nothing exciting happens. Bella has no hobbies or things to do. Edward is like her life. Thats all it talks about for the entire book! Then 600 pages later at the end someone attacks Bella, Or something "tense" happends. What a story.

People need to shut up about Twilight. It's not that amazing D;

I used to like Twilight. I hate it now. All you hear about on Tv and any websites...'TWILIGHT' 'OMG EDWARD CULLEN!!!' 'I TOTALLY WISH I WAS BELLA!!!'. It seriously gets on my nerves :/ Now it seems everyone is reading it because it's popular

After I finished 3 1/2 books of the Twilight saga I moved on to other books. Then I noticed how much Twilight sucked.

It's so boring.

Nothing exciting happens. Bella has no hobbies or things to do. Edward is like her life. Thats all it talks about for the entire book! Then 600 pages later at the end someone attacks Bella, Or something "tense" happends. What a story.

People need to shut up about Twilight. It's not that amazing D;
*applause* Epic speech. Couldn't have said it any better ;) I mean New Moon was just ridiculous. The entire book revolved around Bella being depressed and suicidal about Edward leaving her. :p And we all thought EDWARD was the stalker xDD

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back