Does anyone sort of like go to sleep with their tamas beside them?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan576

Reaction score
This is probably just me but mostly my tamas are just in bed with me because I basically nice there so they are right next to me on the bed and sometimes I want to sleep but don't have the energy to move them over to my desk so they are there and I sleep and I wake up to them just beeping

I share a bed with my husband so I can't do that but I'm sure I definitely would if I was by myself in bed XD I do keep mine on the nightstand and sometimes if he wakes up before me I'll bring them into bed with me and keep napping with them by my side so I guess actually yes I do do this in the mornings at least ^^

When I was younger I used to put my tamas right next to me on a small fluffy pillow. Now I just put them on the side table next to my bed (except when I run the Devilgotchi, I need to put it far away from the bed because of the noises it makes during night :oo)

Last edited:
When I was younger I used to put my tamas right next to me on a small fluffy pillow. Now I just put them in the side table next to my bed (except when I run the Devilgotchi, I need to put it far away from the bed because of the noises it makes during night :oo)
Omg you have a devilgotchi?! It’s one of my holy grail tamas :oo

Did you get it around release time or did you manage to find it on eBay? I can only find them for like £500+ :-(

Omg you have a devilgotchi?! It’s one of my holy grail tamas :oo

Did you get it around release time or did you manage to find it on eBay? I can only find them for like £500+ :-(
I actually bought it from JapanYouWant two years ago for $350 that is £260.

eBay is known for ridiculous prices. I suggest you purchase tamagotchis from either JapanYouWant or from Mercari or Yahoo Japan through a proxy service they are much cheaper!

I actually bought it from JapanYouWant two years ago for $350 that is £260.

eBay is known for ridiculous prices. I suggest you purchase tamagotchis from either JapanYouWant or from Mercari or Yahoo Japan through a proxy service they are much cheaper!
Omg what a steal! I found out about JYW recently and was amazed by how cheap they were, but sadly due to the UK leaving the European Union the minimum order amount for shipping to the UK is £200, and I shudder to think of the import tax on that :marumimitchi:

Mercari is a good idea! I’ve heard of it briefly but never really checked it out for myself. Yahoo Japan is *probably* the best way to do it, but the process is scary :huh: One of these days I’m going to have to just bite the bullet and try it out, finding a dream tama for a steal of a price will probably expedite that process:biggrin:

Thanks so much for the suggestions @iAM ! I had pretty much given up on ever getting a devilgotchi but you’ve given me hope :chohimetchi:

I suggest you purchase tamagotchis from either JapanYouWant
As a Brit, I don't suggest JapanYouWant - they require a £200 minimum order to ship to the UK, now, for no good reason.

but sadly due to the UK leaving the European Union the minimum order amount for shipping to the UK is £200, and I shudder to think of the import tax on that
I strongly suspect that this is just an excuse - I buy online from abroad often, and there aren't any other online stores out there with this requirement, or who claim to have such a problem.

Yahoo Japan is *probably* the best way to do it, but the process is scary
If you use the Buyee proxy service, buying on Yahoo! Auctions Japan is actually pretty easy! :smile2: They're up-front and clear about their fees, and they provide machine-translation services for browsing the auctions, too.

As a Brit, I don't suggest JapanYouWant - they require a £200 minimum order to ship to the UK, now, for no good reason.

I strongly suspect that this is just an excuse - I buy online from abroad often, and there aren't any other online stores out there with this requirement, or who claim to have such a problem.

If you use the Buyee proxy service, buying on Yahoo! Auctions Japan is actually pretty easy! :smile2: They're up-front and clear about their fees, and they provide machine-translation services for browsing the auctions, too.
Yeah it is kinda strange?? I also haven’t come across any other stores doing it. I mean, import tax, sure, but why only shipping over £200 when presumably the tax and the duty would be even more??

Since posting I have bought TWO new tamas on ZenMarket from yahoo jp, I guess I got over my fear pretty quickly lol. The deal was just too good! *cries in broke*

Every so often I will nap with a Tamagotchi next to my face, but on the whole they sleep on the shelf on my headboard. The unlucky ones slide down the side of my bed and need to be fished out in the morning!

Also, shipping out of Japan right now is a nightmare. Big reduction of overseas flights in general...the postal service flat-out isn't shipping to some regions. FedEx, UPS, and DHL seem to be mostly operational but oh are they pricey! I can't blame JYW for not wanting to deal with the hassle on smaller orders. Hopefully once things calm down a bit they'll revise their policies!

Oh yeah speaking of napping, when I nap I definitely pile all the ones I'm caring for at the moment on my chest and lie down on the couch on my back hahaha. I often nap around 4PM so the Pix wakes me up at 5 because someone always comes to the door to play at that time.

I've always slept with my Tamagotchi. My Pix sits on a pillow next to my head but when I was little and had like 20 v-pets I filled a box with cotton balls to make them their own bed even though I still slept with the box.

my gotchi's sleep right beside my bed. I wake up and the first thing I do is feed them. i set the clock to my scedule so will set is behind or ahead the real time depenmding on how my sleep scedule is.

Latest posts

Back