Don't you just hate this kinds of things?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x.Hatred

Reaction score
Don't you just hate it when people try to be Canadian in shows/movies, they say 'eh' at the end of like every sentence. I'm not Canadian, but I find that very disturbing. It's seems very disgraceful to Canadians.

And it's not just Canadians. Nowadays, they do that to Asians and that kind of things.

~Skye

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah.

It is really annoying, and quite rude to that culture/ ethnicity.

It disturbs me.

Producers and Directors need to get a life and actually try to make these things real, instead of steriotypical crap.

Don't you just hate it when people try to be Canadian in shows/movies, they say 'eh' at the end of like every sentence. I'm not Canadian, but I find that very disturbing. It's seems very disgraceful to Canadians.
And it's not just Canadians. Nowadays, they do that to Asians and that kind of things.

~Skye
I see those things as very stereotypical, even though I'm not Canadian.

It is stereotypic I'm not Canadian either but it can be offending to people who are I hate people who are into stereotypes.

I think you guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Unless you are culturally inept, you know what is stereotypical and exagerated and what is not. The creaters of shows/movies that have such are using it to create a humorous character that is so far out everyone knows is not true of all and is just funny because they are so out there. All things and people are targeted and everyone knows it's just for laughs because of it's outragousness and how exagerated it is.

Lighten up a bit- honestly, don't let it bother you. You're thinking to much. ;]

Eh (XD), Im canadian, and usually Canadians cant really see if others say "Eh" because its used sooo much. but I guess they try to poke fun at people sometimes.

South Park and The Simpsons do this alot.

Well, I am Canadian. And like T/P said, it's just a joke.

Everybody needs to be made fun of a little bit. :0

Besides, it's just being stereotypical! Hardly anybody in Canada says "Eh" (Well...Except for the really hickish parts of Canada! >:3).

But it's just a joke. American's get made fun of, Chinese do, German's do, Irish, Japanese do, Austrian's do, Asians do...Just about every country gets a little bit made fun of! Every country has there own stereotypes!

So it shouldn't be offensive! :]

It's just a little joke! lol

~Skye
Tis just a joke. Just like with the "mate" at the end of every Australian sentence on alot of TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back