Downloading files to Tamagotchi Ps

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flower_Mom

Reaction score
Hello all! I once had an account here years and years ago but forgot all of my information, but I have a question that I'm sure this place can help me with so I decided to create a new account to get some help.

I recently discovered the existence of the virtual deco pierces and want to dig my Ps out of storage in order to raise the adorable little Sonic-tama. I'd also like to install the English patch. However, I have no idea what device I need to send the needed files to the Ps. I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. Is there a USB adapter compatible with Windows 10 that I can use? I also have a New 2DS XL which I see has an infrared port on the back. Can I somehow use it to transfer files to the Ps? Is there a list of cheap and easy to figure out old cellphones somewhere? All the information I can google is from years ago with links leading to items that are no longer available.

Any and all help is appreciated! I have next to no clue what I'm doing!

Your best bet is finding an old irda compatible phone. Nokias are pretty easy to find here in Poland for cheap but not sure if that's the case where you're from too. Sadly USB Dongles don't work well at all and no, 2DS won't work because it doesn't have an image transfer function (you might as well try using a TV remote with same success). Look for broken phones with not working microphone or speaker, things like that.

If you ever plan to buy a 4U, consider getting a phone that's compatible with both 4U and P's, like this one:

https://fuzzy-n-chic.com/238-phone.html (yeah, it's pretty expensive and it increases in price from time to time... but it's worth it in the end I think, they also have an unlocked version that you can use with a SIM card)

I'm not sure if I can use a cellphone after all. This laptop doesn't seem to have an SD card slot or be equipped with Bluetooth so I don't know if I can transfer the files from my laptop to a phone without at least one of those.

You can get a SD card USB reader easily.

I just got paid today and searched around for a cheap phone to buy. I saw the Palm Treo get recommended as cheap to find on eBay, and found a used 700w for $10. I also found a wall charger/car charger/USB cable bundle for cheap since the 700w doesn't come with a charger. Just to make sure, is this all I'll need to transfer files? Would an SD card reader be better to get than a USB cable?

Sorry for all the dumb questions. I just want to make sure I'm not spending any money on something that isn't going to work.

SD card reader would be better because sometimes PC>Phone (especially old phone) transfers don't want to work for whatever reason. And you can always reuse it for something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back