Dragon Warrior: Monsters

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gejitchi

Reaction score
Has anyone played this old game? It came out in 2000 right before the gameboy color did. It's a lot like pokemon in that you collect the monsters you may be familiar with from Dragon Quest and Warrior games (Slimes, King Slimes, Healers, MadHornets, etc.) and raise them. You had to go through, including bonus ones, 31 different gates where you'd fight a boss and collect monsters by giving them meat. When you had beaten enough gates, you'd get to compete in tournaments. The real complexity of it was the breeding, though--you could breed to increase the power and type of monster you got. It had so much depth.

I absolutely LOVE this game--it's arguably the greatest gameboy game I've ever played. Have any of you played it? What was your favourite monster? And did you have DW:M2 as well?

Yeah? I had #2 as well. Did you have Cobi or Tara's adventure? I had Cobi's, although from what I could see there was pretty much no difference other than gender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back