DSi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x.Smile

Reaction score
Ok. I was thinking about getting the DSi. I'm looking for people who have it or who have played with it. Should I get the Nintendo DSI or keep the DS light? Thanks for the help <3.

Well. Think of it this way. You already have a DS lite, which takes care of the gaming aspect.

Clearly you have some sort of internet since you're a part of TT.

Do you have a camera of some sort?

To me the DSi seems like a waste of money considering most people already have internet and a camera, some even on their cell phones.

I have a DS and a DS lite. I like the lite more, but keep the regular DS for my collection(if you'd call it that).

If it were me personally, I'd keep the DS lite and ignore the DSi.

Ahh, hey x.smile! Yeah I know I don't have a DSi either (as you should remember) but I'm planning on getting the blue one. =) It's a pity that the DSi's finishes aren't glossy...at least they're fingerprint proof though.

My friend let me play his DSi. Here aree the new features

There is a shop just like thw Wii shop

You have to buy DSi points for the shop again like the Wii

You can only store a limited amount of download games (This is sounding like a portable Wii)

You need Wifi to even use the shop

There is a camira but it often if blurry

You can only store a limited amount of photos

You can edit the photos

Besides that its a regular DS (I may have missed something)

Its cool but I have a Ds lite and a Wii allready

Well thats the DSi for ya

Hope I helped!!!

Well. Think of it this way. You already have a DS lite, which takes care of the gaming aspect.
Clearly you have some sort of internet since you're a part of TT.

Do you have a camera of some sort?

To me the DSi seems like a waste of money considering most people already have internet and a camera, some even on their cell phones.

I have a DS and a DS lite. I like the lite more, but keep the regular DS for my collection(if you'd call it that).

If it were me personally, I'd keep the DS lite and ignore the DSi.
No, I do not have a camra and my mom says I cant get one. My family has one, but it doesn't work well and my sister uses it to much. But thanks for all the help.

EDIT: My sister also uses the internet alot and we don't have any other compurter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if you wanted to use the DSi for internet, you'd have to have a wifi hotpsot at your house to use it. The DSi does not have an excellent camera of course, but from a few photos I've seen, the pictures look decent on the DSi screen but I don't think they look great when you import them onto the computer. Another thing that the DSi has which has not been mentioned yet, is that it can also function as a music player (I wouldn't recommend it though) that only plays AAC files on SD (2 GB max) or SDHC cards (32 GB max) but not other kinds of music files.

P.S. I'm not going to get a DSi (not too soon anyway) but you sound like it'd fit your needs better than mine seeing as I have a decent amount of internet access, an old digi camera from my dad, and a 3rd generation iPod Nano. Hope I helped. :D

Thanks. I've got wifi, and my photos dont have to look great. and thanks, I probably will stick with my DS lite though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back