Ebay sellers listing Tamagotchi issues

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello! :)

I know there aren't many people still posting here, but for the few that are here-- How annoying is it when ebay sellers list Tamagotchis without photos of the Tamagotchis switched on? :angry:
If something is going to cost a fair bit of money (especially the rarer ones) you really need to demonstrate how the LCD screen looks.

So many post "switches/powers on/works well) but that really doesn't cut it when someone doesn't know you at all online. I'd love to take their word for it, but you would be foolish to trust someone on their word when so many people get ripped off.

All the ones with blank screens are bugging me. I've almost given up constantly messaging to ask if they could please put the battery in and take photos of the screen.

Does this annoy anyone here?

I've lost bids waiting for photos to be uploaded as most people just bid and assume it's fine. :(

Is there some "hack" to ebay better? :p Do you just ignore sellers that don't have proper listings? Is it worth the time?

I agree. It's really frustrating when sellers think it's fine to omit a detail as important as that, but I feel like sellers who do that aren't very reputable so I try to avoid buying from them in the first place. Other than that, I definitely look for a mention of a tamagotchi's operating condition in the listing description. If they say it works fine, and you buy it and find out it doesn't, then you can complain that "item was not as described" and you're entitled to a refund via PayPal's buyer protection.

I just won a V3 & 4.5 secondhand at a very reasonable price from a person who bothered to put multiple pictures. :) You are right, if they don't bother that is a bit suspicious.

I was lucky as some were going for ridiculous prices, I was hoping to get a second of either so they could pair up & have babies! But I'll have to wait as they are going for a lot right now.

I have also ordered a new Pierce, there wasn't a picture of it switched on, but seeing it is new in box it should work!

I'm very excited. I noticed the Ps are going for some good deals now from Japan if you are willing to buy secondhand. Some only have a few dents on the box!

If I didn't care about language I would have tried the new M!X ! Can't wait to hear what people say about it. :)

I say it's better not to take any chances, when there aren't any pics of them turned on. For me, even worse is when they have only some sort of stock photo of the item, even some ebay sellers with good reputation do that. Although sometimes they will send you some photos if you ask for them, it worked out for me once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back