Eep.... Embarassing

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phobo

Reaction score
Umm, well I have some bad problems with my feet. It's really embarassing but I want to know if you guys know what to do. I have.... INGROWN TOENAILS. I hate it. I got it from my dad. Ugh. I have them all the time, I don't know what to do. Yes my parents know. Do any of you people know how to cure it and stuff like that? Do any of you have the same problem as me so I don't feel like I'm the only one in the world that gets this?

[SIZE=8pt]I have only had an ingrown toenail once in my life, and it was quite painful. What I did was I saw the doctor, and she told me to soak my foot in hot water for 10 minutes a day, with some epson salt. Then at the end of the 10 minutes, i would have to take a Q-tip and try to push the skin down where the ingrown nail was. This worked for stopping the pain for a little while, but then I had to have it surgically removed. All it was was 3 shots to the toe to numb it, and then they just cut away at your skin and toenail to remove it. then you get this oversized bandage to put on your toe. it doesn't really hurt, having the ingrown nail hurts more than getting it removed :) [/SIZE]

Hm? I don't think I've ever had one, perhaps I did once but I removed it myself.

I don't know much about ingrown toenails. But I found a website about it. [x]

Sorry I was no help. ^^;;

EEEEP! I CAN'T GET SURGERY! omgomgomgomg............ and I get one every time the other one goes away on it's own, so if I got the surgery it would just come back like two days later.

EEEEP! I CAN'T GET SURGERY! omgomgomgomg............ and I get one every time the other one goes away on it's own, so if I got the surgery it would just come back like two days later.
Well if you read that website that was given, you probably don't need surgery if you cut your toenails right and follow these recommendations:

Initial treatment of the ingrown nail (onychocryptosis):

Antibiotics are often used to treat the infected ingrown toenail, but don't forget that the cause of the infected (the ingrown nail) is still there, so there is not a lot of point in treating the infection while the cause remains. Sometimes antibiotics are used to help the infection clear after the nail has been removed.A skilled Podiatrist can easily remove the corner or spike that has penetrated the skin, often with relatively little discomfort. If the ingrown nail is too painful, a local anesthetic may be needed to do this. Don't forget that unless the offending piece of nail that is causing the ingrown toe nail is removed, the infection is likely to persist.

After this some antiseptic dressing for a few days is all that is needed to clear up the infection, especially if you are healthy and have no healing problems. Antibiotics and/or prolonged period of dressings are needed, especially if there is a problem with wound healing or if the circulation is poor or if you have diabetes.

Occasionally, after the above treatment if the pain persist - this may be due to there being another spike of nail deeper down causing the ingrown toenail.

Ongoing treatment of the ingrown toenail (onychocryptosis):

Ingrown toe nails have a great tendency to happen again. They happen in the first place because of a number of reasons - the most common of those reasons is the shape to the nail. Generally, this is if the nail is curved down the side. With good self treatment (see above), it may be possible to prevent it reoccurring.

Regular treatment by a Podiatrist can often be needed, as a conservative approach to prevent the nail becoming a problem is can be recommended.
That's what was on that site. I suggest you take a read for more information instead of panicing ;)

Thanks Tigerlily! I'm gonna have to show that to my dad and see if he thinks we should do it.

I've had my share of ingrown toenails >.< They're annoying. The last two I had I have surgery on.

That could be a solution to your problem. If you decide to do it make sure they burn the root of the nail. Otherwise it'll keep growing back. The first time I did mine they didn't burn the root -.- So I had to go back a few months later. It sucked.

When has ingrown toenails been embarrassing? Did I time travel or something?

And yeah, I've had one before. It hurt like HELL. I forget what happened tho...

Yes I do. I've had one really bad one where they had to remove it. D: They numbed by toe with 2 shots and then cut like the entire side off. o_o My toe was all white and red and bloody for days. o_o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back