Emo's are not freaks

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Alot of people think Emo people are freaky goths, NO. I'm emo and I am normal. Emo is Funky, Punky, One of a kind. [SIZE=14pt]EMO-MAZING!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

Emo are those people who are extremely depressive and cut themselves and sit in the corners and be loaners (just examples, thats not the entire definition of being Emo lol). Emo is not exactly the best thing to be. If you want friends and want to have a normal life, find the real you, not some label you think is cool.

Live YOUR life, not the one you think others will like!

I have NEVER cut myself on purpose! Emo's are NOT FREAKS, we like to express are selves in other ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's usually what others take 'Emo' people to be.

And it's not exactly something to be proud of all the time.

Actual Emo people, are usually really moody and depressive, like Charleene said. They don't necessarily have to be Punky and Funky. And a lot of times they're not.

You might want to think before you label yourself. :)

Emo are those people who are extremely depressive and cut themselves and sit in the corners and be loaners (just examples, thats not the entire definition of being Emo lol). Emo is not exactly the best thing to be. If you want friends and want to have a normal life, find the real you, not some label you think is cool.
Live YOUR life, not the one you think others will like!
I agree with Charleene.

And anyways, if you're funky, punky, and one of a kind..I wouldn't call that emo at all! In fact, it's practically the exact OPPOSITE of being emo! :)

Yes, you might like the 'Gothic Lolita' style that's popular nowadays, but just because you like that doesn't mean you're emo. :)

And remember, don't label yourself just because it's popular, be who you want to be...because that's what's REALLY cool!

Love,

CB

I do hang out with some Emo people that Dress black and...smoke, But I don't.
That's not cool. :)

You shouldn't hang out with them if they're doing things that you disapprove of. Yeah it might seem "cool" to hang with them right now, but you'll probably regret it later.

Find some real friends, not just some people that live life according to a stupid label! :gozarutchi: See if there are fun people you know that have the same interests that you do, and hang with them!

Remember to be real, not a poser! :)

Love,

CB

I used to think I was emo... It turns out that I was just a goth in emo disguise. I wouldn't cut myself, or hide in a corner and cry. It just wasn't me. I was called emo, because that's what my "goth" friends labled themselves, and I hung out with them everyday. I wouldn't label myself that much. Maybe just a Temari or Shikamaru wannabe as for myself.

-Temari and Shika Nara

xXxtropical_punkxXx is right.sorry if i sound mean but you guys have NO experience.i mean well i have a cousin called georgia who is 13 years old.and she dresses all black she listens to emo music she has posters of emo bands like MCR on her wall.and she is emo but nice.so there is two types of emo.the one you are talking about and the one xXxtropical_punkxXx and temari nara are talking about.you DO NOT say what her style is.she is the one that chooses that.sorry but i am tired of this stuff.it makes me SICK. am also pretty maikko shiny tama and also tama kitkat

bye

xXxtropical_punkxXx is right.sorry if i sound mean but you guys have NO experience.i mean well i have a cousin called georgia who is 13 years old.and she dresses all black she listens to emo music she has posters of emo bands like MCR on her wall.and she is emo but nice.so there is two types of emo.the one you are talking about and the one xXxtropical_punkxXx and temari nara are talking about.you DO NOT say what her style is.she is the one that chooses that.sorry but i am tired of this stuff.it makes me SICK. am also pretty maikko shiny tama and also tama kitkat

bye
Um...who exactly are you addressing? :) ;

And no one is trying to prove xXxtropical_punkxXx wrong...we're just stating our opinions. :)

Love,

CB

In my opinion, if you were really 'emo', you wouldn't go claiming it all over the internet and calling yourself "Emo-mazing". It can be your style, it can be the music you like, but I disagree with claiming that it's your complete mind-set and personality.

Not everybody has the same clothing style or listen to the same music, or have the same things going on in their lives, but not everybody opens their mouths either.

bye
Wait... I'm I being called in a good way? I didn't say anything and would NEVER say anything to hurt a fellow tamatalker.... If I did....sorry but, I was explaining to people that emo's are just as human as you all are!

-Tema and Shika Nara

I have mostiy normal friends, but my "EMO" friends are realy nice and they don't presure me to do thigs I don't want to do.

I think you're kinda leaning toward 'Scene' instead of 'Emo'.

Scene people dress darkish, and usually like the punk and emo bands, but are more perky.

-Scene (type of people), - a particular kind of fashion emulating emo and punk, but brighter. :D

Maybe this is the word you were looking for?

Wait... I'm I being called in a good way? I didn't say anything and would NEVER say anything to hurt a fellow tamatalker.... If I did....sorry but, I was explaining to people that emo's are just as human as you all are!
-Tema and Shika Nara
oh i was meaning you in a good way temari nara.and xXxtropical_punkxXx

as for the rest of you how would you like it if you were like girly and i said this:even though you may dress AND SING LIKE THAT YOU ARE NOT really a girly girl.

so just be nice and say that she is emo and we can just forget this and be friends to stop this "flame war" and then a guide can come along and close this okay.so just be friendly to keep your cool and stay safe.

oh i was meaning you in a good way temari nara.and xXxtropical_punkxXx
as for the rest of you how would you like it if you were like girly and i said this:even though you may dress AND SING LIKE THAT YOU ARE NOT really a girly girl.

so just be nice and say that she is emo and we can just forget this and be friends to stop this "flame war" and then a guide can come along and close this okay.so just be friendly to keep your cool and stay safe.
Um...I'd be completely fine if you said I wasn't really a girly girl, because you would just be stating your opinion. :(

And I think you're confused. :D There isn't a "flame war" going on at all. Last time I checked, we were all just saying how we feel about this matter, no one is trying to hurt or disrespect one another.

I could say that she was "emo" and just back away, but then I would be lying and be untrue to myself. When someone asks me something, I like to reply in a nice way that is beneficial to the asker, so they can learn from my words and put them to good use. Sorry if that came off as disrespectful.

~

Okay, now that that's over, I can address xXxtropical_punkxXx. It's good that you hang out with nice people that don't pressure you. :furawatchi: Just make sure that you don't find yourself only liking them because they're "emo" (which is pretty unlikely, because they seem like good friends). :furawatchi:

Love,

CB

Um...I'd be completely fine if you said I wasn't really a girly girl, because you would just be stating your opinion. :(  

And I think you're confused. :D There isn't a "flame war" going on at all. Last time I checked, we were all just saying how we feel about this matter, no one is trying to hurt or disrespect one another.

I could say that she was "emo" and just back away, but then I would be lying and be untrue to myself. When someone asks me something, I like to reply in a nice way that is beneficial to the asker, so they can learn from my words and put them to good use. Sorry if that came off as disrespectful.

~

Okay, now that that's over, I can address xXxtropical_punkxXx. It's good that you hang out with nice people that don't pressure you. :furawatchi: Just make sure that you don't find yourself only liking them because they're "emo" (which is pretty unlikely, because they seem like good friends). :furawatchi:

Love,

CB
I completely agree. Chatterbox hit the nail on the head right there.

You're such a poser.

Emos (the bad kind) don't deserves to live. Always b***hing about how bad they've got it, because their parents didn't give them enough attention, they seek attention from others.

:/

Um...I'd be completely fine if you said I wasn't really a girly girl, because you would just be stating your opinion. :)  

And I think you're confused.  :unsure: There isn't a "flame war" going on at all. Last time I checked, we were all just saying how we feel about this matter, no one is trying to hurt or disrespect one another.

~

Okay, now that that's over, I can address  xXxtropical_punkxXx. It's good that you hang out with nice people that don't pressure you. :p Just make sure that you don't find yourself only liking them because they're "emo" (which is pretty unlikely, because they seem like good friends). :D

Love,

CB
You are really Guide material, Chatterbox B) .

I do not know anyone who is emo and know hardly anything about emo. So, I am going to be nerdy :p and find the definition of emo according to the urban dictionary:

Genre of softcore punk music that integrates unenthusiastic melodramatic 17 year olds who dont smile, high pitched overwrought lyrics and inaudible guitar rifts with tight wool sweaters, tighter jeans, itchy scarfs (even in the summer), ripped chucks with favorite bands signature, black square rimmed glasses, and ebony greasy unwashed hair that is required to cover at least 3/5 ths of the face at an angle

::sniff sniff:: "The Demise of the Siberian Traintracks of Our Rusty Forgotten Unblemished Love" sounds like it would make a great emo band name. ::cry::

Now, are you that?

As for the load of phooey that ~mew*zakuro*rules~ is trying to spew here, you do not know her anymore than we do, so you cannot sit here and say that she is this and she is that. Also, we never put any labels on her or called her anything, we just said that what she was describing was not emo, plain and simple. And as for a flame war, it seems like you are trying to start one. There was no flame war going on before you came in here and jumped the gun.

Emo music, hmmm, when I go to the local Music Store I dont see an Emo section, so I dont think that music is considered Emo lol its just that those types of people seem to listen more to that type, but I bet you they also listen to other stuff as well, just cause they like the happy birthday tune doesnt mean that the song is now Emo does it? And as for "dressing emo" you cannot say that the way someone dresses classifies them. I used to dress in darker clothing but it was tasteful, I used to wear black makeup, but not too much, and I used to be well known around my school, but I wasnt popular....so, does this make me goth? No, it makes me ME. Hanging out with a certain clique does not mean you are them, it means you just like some of the people in the clique, not the clique itself. All my friends did drugs and broke the law, I did for a while until I realized how stupid and pointless it was and that it would get me no where, but I still hung out with them, does that make me some stoned criminal? No.

Its all how you see yourself I guess. But if you are going to look at yourself and say "I am this" then you need to make sure you are ready for the backfire of it because not everyone is going to like that version of you. If you think you are emo, by all means, go ahead and think that, but from what you have explained it does not seem that you are emo, it seems that you are in between labels and into your own category, which is a good thing, always be yourself! Also, your friends smoke, now make sure you keep your will power up, if they ask you to try it, just say nah Im ok, if they continue tell them its not something you wanna do. If they are your friends, they wont pressure you. I started smoking in middle school because all my friends were doing it, I was in the same situation you are in now, so make the right choice....not the "cool" one.

Good luck with your friends and remember to just be yourself, dont fall victim to labels, cliques, categories, and peer pressure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back