Emo's are not freaks

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a poser. I did'nt rely know my emo freinds were emo untill later and there are sooo funny, Well atlest Sexxi Lexxi is.

Here's my take on it.

I think that everyone has a different definition for, "emo." So chances are we are never going to come to a conclusion, that one direct thing is emo, and that another thing isn't.

EMO comes from the root word of EMOtional, meaning that you have a lot of feelings. I suppose it could go one way or another, having extreme feelings of... joy, or more commonly, extreme feelings of angst. There are many ways that people express these feelings. But in truth, they probably just need to see a counselor to straighten themselves out.

Same goes if you are a poser. You are pretending to be something you're not. So you should see a counselor or a therapist to help you figure yourself out.

Self pity is what gives us people who turn to be, "emo." If we could eliminate self pity all together, we would get rid of all the, "emos," & the posers in the world.

I am EMOtional and I do listen to scary bands. Do I need consuling? NO! I'm not hurting myself. I don't hurt other people.

My friends are emo because they they smoke and were TONS of eye liner.I were the right amount ( mabey too much)

I am EMOtional and I do listen to scary bands. Do I need consuling? NO! I'm not hurting myself. I don't hurt other people.
My friends are emo because they they smoke and were TONS of eye liner.I were the right amount ( mabey too much)
People who smoke are just druggies. Smoking is not good for you and doesn't make you anything besides stupid, especially at the high school age.

If you truley are EMOtional (as in, depressed, sad, angsty, etc.), you should go see a counselor to help you feel better.

Listening to rock bands doesn't make you emo either. It just means that you like rock music.

So, what you're saying is that your friends are only emo because they smoke and wear eye liner.

I'm sorry, but that just strikes me as pathetic. You might not like it, but it's true. Emo is only a label, and the label itself does not make up your personality, or your life for that matter.

Calling yourself emo and supporting the idea of emo being considered a good thing isn't helping you either. It sounds to me like you're just making yourself up to meet the label's 'standards'. You wear eye liner, maybe 'too much'. Maybe you look just fine without it? You listen to 'scary' bands. Any other music you might like? You like the fashion. So wear it..?

I'm not telling you who you need to be or that you need to fix yourself, and I'm not going to tell you that you need counseling. You can definitly be who you feel that you want to be, but can do it in a reasonable way as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay guys, lets make sure we stay respectful. ^_^

I think it's okay that you listen to scary music, it's totally normal.

As people said before, there are two kinds of emo. The scary "sit in corners, cry, cut yourself" kind. And the EMOtional kind. When you say that you're "emo", people usually think of the first kind of emo I mentioned, which is giving people the wrong idea about you! Make sure you explain what KIND of emo you're talking about when you tell people that you're "emo" :D

But as I said earlier, it's better just not to label yourself at all. To tell you the truth, it's kind of boring! No one likes a cookie cutter person. Whether it's a cookie cutter "jock", "emo", "popular girl", or "nerd"..it's just not fun!

Shine and be who you really are!

Love,

CB

My friends are NOT drugies! They have it alot worse than I do.
They shouldn't feel sorry for themselves though. They should try to make the best of what they've got.

Being that they smoke, means they're doing drugs, which means they could be classified as, "druggies."

Look, I'm not trying to tell you how to live your life, or how your friend's should live their lives. Just be yourself and hang out with people who you are comfortable with, whoever they are. ^_^

If I shined I'de just shine Emo. People call me emo because I wear alot of eyeliner, listen to scary bands, and have big black hair ( like my avvie.) I call myself emo because I am.

If I shined I'de just shine Emo. People call me emo because I wear alot of eyeliner, listen to scary bands, and have big black hair ( like my avvie.) I call myself emo because I am.
Okay then. ^_^

Well, tracking back to your first post in this topic, the topic you addressed was if people think emos are freaks.

I, for one, do not think you are a freak. :D

Love,

CB

Who says emo's are freaks? No one maybe or some but I think emo's are boring, weird, and uninteresting.

No one's emo anyways, everyone says "emo's do this, they do that, maybe they do this and that" Well, No one really knows what emo's are then =/

So yes, I do not respect I'm-emo-rawr.

Who says emo's are freaks? No one maybe or some but I think emo's are boring, weird, and uninteresting.No one's emo anyways, everyone says "emo's do this, they do that, maybe they do this and that" Well, No one really knows what emo's are then =/

So yes, I do not respect I'm-emo-rawr.
I couldn't agree with you more.

Being that they smoke, means they're doing drugs, which means they could be classified as, "druggies."
I couldnt disagree with you more. Smoking cigarettes and smoking pot or dope are two completely different things. Cigarettes are legal, the others are not. I do not encourage people to smoke (either thing for that matter) but I dont appreciate someone suddenly labeling ME as a "druggie" because I made a completely legal choice about something I do with MY OWN body. Saying that smoking makes you a druggie is like saying people who get tattoos are druggies too.....its still needles right? :D Please think about that next time you try to lump us smokers into a category with crack heads, as we are completely different.

As for this emo stuff, I agree with the others, everyone has a different view of what emo is. I personally see it as angsty teenagers who want attention but are too lazy to go about doing it the right way. They dress in black because its the "fad" and they wear tons of eyeliner because they think it looks cool, they cut themselves because it "lets the pain out" which is complete bull, and they are constantly on this "Pity pity woe is me" trip. Now, MY opinion on what emo is is most likely ALOT different than others. I have seen too many teenagers do it the way I see it so that is how I view it. It is all on how things in your environment are that makes you see certain things certain ways. Example, someone could be considered "preppy" at the local schools around here for simply wearing makeup, whereas if you go to a school a few cities over they would have to have the whole abercrombie and fitch thing going on. Its all perception and what things are in your environment.

I personally do not see you as an emo from what you have said you dress like, act like, and enjoy listening to. I see you as a person who dresses the way she is comfortable, acts the way she wants to (but may be under a little bit of peer pressure), and listens to what music she likes. I listen to what I grew up with, britney spears (older music) and boys to men, does that make me some girly girl? Heck no, it makes me ME. Dont lean too much on labels as they are different for everyone and they only cause drama.

I do apologize if I have stepped on any toes here, it was not my intention. Sometimes I turn things into a debate without noticing it (I LOVE debates, mind you, DEBATES not arguments.). I was just trying to state my opinion on the matter.

Just because you claim you are emo doesn't make you emo.

Oh yus, Hannah Montanna is the scariest music ever. O__________O

LOL :lol:

Wrong forum guys - and don't we already have several "emo" type threads in Non TamaTalk....?

*wanders off to a corner to check the other forum*

Edit: Ah yes... here you go Tropical Punk: Are You Emo?

You could have posted a reply in that topic rather than making a duplicate thread :D

We all try to avoid making duplicates on TamaTalk; keeps the forums tidy and all the angst, emo and black eye liner in one easy to find corner :nazotchi:

CLOSED (sorry SK) :ph34r:

Your avatar is more scene than it is emo.

'Scary bands' aren't emo. Whining boys that sound like girls are.

Big black hair is again, more scene than emo.

You're more of a scene kid. Not emo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back